Keyword

Edit Item, White Screen K2 2.8 and doesn't save

• Kyle Vasquez
  • Kyle Vasquez's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #166933 by Kyle Vasquez
Hello everyone, on a site I am working on, every time I go to edit an item it just loads a white screen.

K2 Version: 2.8
Joomla Version: 3.8.5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kyle Vasquez
  • Kyle Vasquez's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #166937 by Kyle Vasquez
Replied by Kyle Vasquez on topic Edit Item, White Screen K2 2.8 and doesn't save
Even with Joomla 3.6.5 the problem is still there.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #166957 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Edit Item, White Screen K2 2.8 and doesn't save
Hello,

Please enable error reporting from the site's global configuration to see the actual PHP error.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #169490 by Craig Hamilton
Replied by Craig Hamilton on topic Edit Item, White Screen K2 2.8 and doesn't save
I have the same issue even now using the latest Joomla 3.8.2 and K2 v2.9.0 and PHP 7.1. Theme is Gk Storefront

Error reporting shows this...

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; upload has a deprecated constructor in /public_html/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php on line 624

Fatal error: Cannot declare class upload, because the name is already in use in /public_html/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php on line 624

I have tried to replace the class.upload.php from GitHub to latest version but still not working. This gives this new error code still with white screen...

Fatal error: Cannot declare class upload, because the name is already in use in /public_html/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php on line 36

Thanks in advance
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by Craig Hamilton.

More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #169499 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Edit Item, White Screen K2 2.8 and doesn't save
This file has been updated and moved in K2 as part of the re-structuring occurring to prepare for the next versions and Joomla 4.

What you see is an error coming from another extension which was using that class (that version of the class was not PHP 7 compatible).

If you can locate where that path is defined (simply search for "/administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php") replace it with what K2 now uses, which is:

"/media/k2/assets/vendors/verot/class.upload.php/src/class.upload.php"

And let me know.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by JoomlaWorks.