Keyword

Customize K2 image logic administrator area.

• Klaus Veliu
  • Klaus Veliu's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 months 1 week ago #171960 by Klaus Veliu
Klaus Veliu created the topic: Customize K2 image logic administrator area.
Hello,

After using K2 for many years to manage the content of the Joomla websites I feel comfortable using it.
In this case, I am using Joomla just to manage the content from the administrators,
the frontend is being served from a custom coded PHP website.

The current logic of K2 that creates 5 images for each article bothers me a lot, I can delete all the files in
media/k2/items/cache/ but this will result in not showing images on Administrator area and confusing the users.

It is possible to override the K2 component logic to retain the changes even after a component update and call the original image stored in this path media/k2/items/src/ in every image section?!

Thank you!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Fotis
  • Administrator
  • JoomlaWorks Support Team
More
5 months 1 week ago #171988 by Fotis
Fotis replied the topic: Customize K2 image logic administrator area.
Not without hacking the core of K2. Storage is less of an issue these days. Even with 5 resized copies of the source image, K2 still handles overall size way better than other solutions. Perhaps what's taking space for you is the "src" folder in /media/k2/items/. That folder is not used directly, but we do keep the source images there, in case a redesign requires that images are recreated to different dimensions (in combination with this script to rebuild the images >> github.com/getk2/rebuildK2imageCache ).

If you use & love K2, please take a moment to add your review and rate it
at the Joomla Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/extension/k2/

IMPORTANT: Please search the forum before posting a question!

JoomlaWorks Support Team Member

• Klaus Veliu
  • Klaus Veliu's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 months 1 week ago #172005 by Klaus Veliu
Klaus Veliu replied the topic: Customize K2 image logic administrator area.
This looks not that good for me,
but at least I am taking this information(Not without hacking the core of K2.) for granted as the reply comes from you :).

As Joomla offers the override feature I thought it would be a genuine way to do that, but I would try to alter the fancybox image path with Javascript.

In my case, the images "size" would not be a problem, but having useless files is not a good thing.

Thank you a lot for your reply!

• Fotis
  • Administrator
  • JoomlaWorks Support Team
More
5 months 1 week ago #172008 by Fotis
Fotis replied the topic: Customize K2 image logic administrator area.
"As Joomla offers the override feature I thought it would be a genuine way to do that"

Um, no, you can't override how Joomla handles image uploading for standard articles. Not to mention Joomla does nothing to images either way (=no resizing).

And yes, you CAN override K2's backend items list and replace the image size fetched to one that you don't delete. No need to use JS there.

If you use & love K2, please take a moment to add your review and rate it
at the Joomla Extensions Directory: extensions.joomla.org/extension/k2/

IMPORTANT: Please search the forum before posting a question!

JoomlaWorks Support Team Member

Moderators: william white