Keyword

Anyone Interested in K2 Documentation Creation - I will do the writing

• Marcus
  • Marcus's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #173274 by Marcus
When researching K2 docs and solutions, I feel like I am stuck in a time machine with gyroscope problems, bouncing back and forth between 2011 and the early teens. Virtually everything I have found is old, screenshots are different and a whole lot does not match with the current releases.

I am a professional author with over forty years and just enough of a techie to get myself in trouble. Following instructions for outdated releases and old materials makes it much easier to get into trouble.

If any K2 Pros are interested, I am willing to write new standardized documentation for K2 utilizing your expertise ... be it in the overall usage or even piece by piece if we must.

Any documentation will be created under the CC BY SA license so it can be freely shared. Any takers?

This is far too good an addition to be left without some kind of standard documentation for direction for newbies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #173329 by JoomlaWorks
After the release of K2 v2.10 (working on doing that before the end of the month), I do plan on switching to a new documentation format for K2, based on GitHub. It will resemble this format: docs.joomlaworks.net

I will surely move some of the documents already on getk2.org (which are up to date) and I did plan on creating 2 guides to populate the docs. One for end-users/admins and one for developers. Since K2 resembles Joomla's article system in many things, end-users never really had an issue grasping how K2 works. It's usually the pros and devs that required some extra digging around which I hope will change in the coming months.

If you'd like to assist with the end-user guides, that would be great. Let me know for that so I can create the repo on GitHub to get this started.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.