Keyword

Front end user submitted article approval

• ChrisB1983
  • ChrisB1983's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #173404 by ChrisB1983
Front end user submitted article approval was created by ChrisB1983
First off, I am sorry if this has been asked before, I have had a quick search of the existing forum threads I cannot find any topics regarding this. I would like to know if it is possible to allow users to submit articles in the front end based on user groups (from what I have read, this part is possible), but it will not show it until the article is approved by an administrator.

Basically I would like users to create the articles but I do not trust that they will not contain spam or malicious content.

Kind regards and thanks for reading.

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ChrisB1983
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #173406 by ChrisB1983
Replied by ChrisB1983 on topic Front end user submitted article approval
Feeling rather stupid now, I literally installed a quick demo site with K2 installed and noticed that there is an option to disallow certain user groups from publishing new articles.

However, there is also an option to allow them to edit already published articles. Is there a way to stop the article changes from being publish before it has been reviewed, I know this would probably require some sort of article versioning mechanic so I am pretty sceptical this can be achieved.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by ChrisB1983.

More
4 years 5 months ago #173410 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Front end user submitted article approval
This is what the publishing rights are for. The option to allow someone to edit and an item that is already published is meant to lower the moderation burden, if you'd like such an option of course. If you want to control both initial publishing AND edits, then disable publishing and editing of already published items.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• ChrisB1983
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #173412 by ChrisB1983
Replied by ChrisB1983 on topic Front end user submitted article approval
Its a difficult one Fotis, as I want them to be able to edit articles, but at the same time want to monitor what they are editing it to.

I was reading that K2 3.0 was planning to have versioning incorporated, which is shame, because using the temporary database entries, I imagine it could be used to achieve version publishing permissions, however 3.0 look largely abandoned.

If you bundled article versioning with simple image gallery pro and released "K2 Pro" I would gladly pay 30-40 euro subscription for that. I think you are missing a trick here. Many of the big CMS systems have version history and revision permissions such as sitecore, a robust and affordable solution for Joomla would be most welcome imo.

Please see this entry on Stack overflow with someone trying to achieve the same thing, and if you read the replies to the inital question you will see a massive flaw in your suggestion:

stackoverflow.com/questions/13321887/k2-articles-in-joomla-become-unpublished-if-the-author-makes-a-minor-change-from
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by ChrisB1983.

More
4 years 5 months ago #173420 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Front end user submitted article approval
The article you mention is kinda outdated as we've resolved any issues to the workflow logic.

Versioning is not on the horizon for the free version. Perhaps it will come as part of a commercial plugin for K2 if there's enough demand.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)