Keyword

Annoying error with publishing dates

• Steven Trooster
  • Steven Trooster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #173802 by Steven Trooster
Annoying error with publishing dates was created by Steven Trooster
There's an annoyance with the Start publish / End publish fields with an article. If I click in the date field, a calendar pops up and automatically the current date and time is set in the date field. The only way to change te date & time is by using the calendar, which in itself is not handy when you want to change the time (it takes a lot of clicks, compared to keyboard input).

But more annoying is that once a date is set in one of the date fields, you can't delete the date. If you accidentally click in the Stop publishing field, the current date / time is added. If you empty the field and click somewhere else, the last date entered or the current date is set as the date of the field.
When you actually want the article to stay published forever (no end date), there's no other way to correct this other than by canceling all the edits of the article and start over again.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Steven Trooster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #173805 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Annoying error with publishing dates
It's a bug in the latest release of Flatpickr (the JS widget used for the calendar) and only on blocks where time is also configured. I'll file an issue with them and make sure to update it on the next update of K2.

If it worked with K2 v2.10.0, then you can manually edit the CDN source for Flatpickr and replace it with the older release. Let me know if you want to do that so I can guide you into which file to edit in K2.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
4 years 4 months ago #173806 by JoomlaWorks
We're not the first to notice by the way: github.com/flatpickr/flatpickr/issues/2038

---

• Steven Trooster
  • Steven Trooster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #173815 by Steven Trooster
Replied by Steven Trooster on topic Annoying error with publishing dates
Yes please guide me through the process of restoring the older version of Flatpickr, before I get angry editors on the phone ;-)

May I ask why you are not using the standard Joomla date picker?
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Steven Trooster.

More
4 years 4 months ago #173816 by JoomlaWorks
The default Joomla date picker caused K2 to break some time ago so it's one less dependency to look after. Flatpickr was also more polished, people like it.

To revert back to the previous version (4.5.2 - or you can use the latest in the 4.5.x branch which is 4.5.7), edit the file /administrator/components/com_k2/helpers/html.php and replace all 4 instances of "[email protected]" with "[email protected]" or "[email protected]".

Let me know (especially if 4.5.7 works as expected). If they don't fix this soon I'll just revert to 4.5.7 for K2 v2.10.2.

---

More
4 years 4 months ago #173872 by JoomlaWorks
All good?

---

More
4 years 4 months ago #173903 by JoomlaWorks
Feedback from other users (as well as my own tests) confirms v4.5.7 works as expected. So v2.10.2 will ship with that version and the dev build on Github is already using it. Unless Flatpickr issues an update for 4.6.3, we'll stick with 4.5.7.

---