Keyword

Layout category_item_links not found

• Gianluca
  • Gianluca's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #176243 by Gianluca
Layout category_item_links not found was created by Gianluca
Hi all,
I stumbled into a curious issue yesterday. Using a template that claims to be "K2 compliant" (and I guess it is actually), I got the error in subject when trying to show a category listing page.
I discovered that, setting to 0 the number of items to show as links in the category display settings, the error was disappearing. But that was not a solution, obviously.
Then I searched around and I ended up understanding that a file named 'category_item_links.php' was missing. The matter is this file is not present neither in template nor in K2. I tried downloading some older version of K2 (back until 2.10.1, than 2.9.0) but I never found it in any.
I actually found a file like that here github.com/getk2/k2-next/blob/master/components/com_k2/templates/default_k2v2/category_item_links.php, but I still was not understanding many things:
- what is this "k2-next"? and what "k2v2"?
- why does it contain a file that looks not to be included in distributed K2?
- why does my template (or my K2?) seem to look for this file?
At the end I gave it a try: I copied the file, uploaded it to K2 and... guess what? It worked! But I still do not understand which the matter is, and, more important, this cannot be the final solution, as I'm afraid I would be back to the starting point the first time I update K2, unless this file is planned to be added to next release - though this would not explain why my site looks for it NOW.

Thanks to anyone who can help me to figure out this.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Gianluca.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #176252 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Layout category_item_links not found
There is no such file in K2. That was created by the template developer so you should just ask for a copy of your template to get the source files again.

As for K2 Next, that *would* have been K2 v3 (a total rewrite of K2) but that update was abandoned in favour of v4 which will be out this year, building upon the rock solid foundation of the current K2 version.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Gianluca
  • Gianluca's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #176261 by Gianluca
Replied by Gianluca on topic Layout category_item_links not found
Thanks for your answer, I'll check from the template developer!

More
3 years 10 months ago #176268 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Layout category_item_links not found
Great :)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)