Keyword

403 Error after K2 Update

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #177406 by Tom
403 Error after K2 Update was created by Tom
Hello,

i have updated my K2 to newest version. I had a hard time troubleshooting but now everything works nearly as it should.
However : my site loads correctly but it gives me always a 403 error which is kinda strange since a 403 should block my site.
Also this only happens on my Mainpage, every other site is working fine with a State of 200.
Does anyone know where this error can come from? or has anyone a good tip for me?
Webcrawlers etc. dont register my site since its 403.
my site is : www.niederlausitz-aktuell.de
As said, i dont know how to fix. I disabled all Modules/Plugins and reloaded the site, still got the error.

Many thanks already. :/
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Tom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #177416 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic 403 Error after K2 Update
Your site loads up fine. The HTTP 403 code does come up when cURLing the URL but it's most likely some weird Nginx routing issue for PHP requests. If you share your Nginx config, please do so.

I also see that your homepage menu item points to a Joomla (single) article. Could it be an issue with that perhaps? Something ACL related which doesn't show up if you don't output the component view in the frontpage?

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #177421 by Tom
Replied by Tom on topic 403 Error after K2 Update
I cant find a nginx.conf on my server. I work with Plesk and i cant find it. But i got a Overview for the Settings from Apache and nginx. There is everything on default and nginx has activated : proxy-mode, intelligent processing of statical data. nginx-Caching is not activated.

I dont think that this is related to some components. I have a xampp-testserver and i disabled there every module/plugin and still got the error there too.

im not sure since xampp is another server it is unlikely that my both server settings are wrong but also modules/plugins all got disabled once and got the error then too.. :/
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Tom.

More
3 years 4 months ago #177425 by JoomlaWorks
What about the 2nd part of my post, on the article that is used as your homepage?

---

More
3 years 4 months ago #177428 by Tom
i would like to research about that.
Problem is, that im in an internship and didnt build the site myself so i have problems with troubleshooting.
is there a way how i can do that fast? like look in:
view-source:https://www.niederlausitz-aktuell.de
and find something there?

More
3 years 4 months ago #177430 by Tom
Thanks that you mentioned that twice!!!! I found the problem now. The Properties of my Joomla Mainpage-Article was for Admin-only but it should be Guest. Thanks a lot for helping me out with this. Problem solved! :)

More
3 years 4 months ago #177443 by JoomlaWorks
Great :)

I actually spotted that it was a single Joomla article by checking the site's <body> tag, where its class name indicated the source of content.

Setting the component name, view, task etc. as a body class is nowadays a common pattern.

Readers may remember this was actually pioneered as a pattern by JoomlaWorks back in 2005-2006 (in blog posts at the time) and subsequently adopted by template & extension developers.

---