Keyword

changing item images names

• Sori
  • Sori's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #177731 by Sori
changing item images names was created by Sori
Hi,

which file is responsible for the image naming at the time of upload in k2?
I get these large image names like: b77c990e633dac0ff65890b0db32f237_L.jpg for my images.
I was wondering if I can find the file and change it or at least add my site name in the begining of the file so whoever who downloads the file knows where it is coming from and also it will be more search engine friendly.

Thanks in advance,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #177765 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic changing item images names
In short, you can't. K2 uses proper HTML tags to allow for better search engine indexing than relying solely on file names. Not to mention it makes things a lot easier to manage in the long run.

If you MUST be able to have a different file name that the one autogenerated by K2, have a look at this extension: www.firecoders.com/joomla-extensions/econa

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Sori
  • Sori's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #177784 by Sori
Replied by Sori on topic changing item images names
Hi Fotis,

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Econa looks fun and expensive. I will try to try it.

I am continuously developing a photography website.
For the matter of copyright protection I have to go above and beyond. I have added codes into my K2 that will attach schema.org micro tags for each individual item images which makes it even more SE friendly.
However, when the files are downloaded anywhere on internet I would prefer it to have the site name attached to it. not a kdslkdjfsneiesdjsdlk_L.jpg file sitting in someones computer.
I also have watermarks and anticopy plugin but still I believe that can be helpful as well.

So would you please still let me know which php file controls the naming of the file?
I will promise to have a backup ;-)

The other problem is that all the cached file sizes are available in the source code. the XL, L , M and small. I need to work around that too.
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Sori.

More
3 years 3 months ago #177786 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic changing item images names
You can't change how K2 names images. It's everywhere. Plus, it's beyond the scope of the support I provide here.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)