Keyword

Restricted content. Registered or other groups. Show public title, lead.

• mjmartino
  • mjmartino's Avatar Topic Author
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #178376 by mjmartino
hi.
I don't see settings in k2 to show lead article, after click on read more user redirected to register/login page.
Or how to list titles article for group registered but show public. 
This is possible in k2?

K2 is using for news portals i don't believe that it cannot be achieved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #178436 by JoomlaWorks
Of course it can be achieved. Wrap your item.php with the required code. If a user is a guest they see a prompt to login/signup otherwise they see the relevant content. This option provides more freedom and you get to keep your templating entirely into K2.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• mjmartino
More
3 years 1 week ago #178613 by mjmartino
I thought k2 had this built in as options, not that you need to additionally write a function that is in the core of joomla articles.

More
3 years 6 days ago #178640 by JoomlaWorks
Does it look like K2 copies com_content in any way? I doubt so... It's most likely the other way around.

---

• mjmartino
More
3 years 6 days ago #178652 by mjmartino
Fotis I always prefer K2 but very long time there was no new feature added.
Com content he just caught up a while ago and many people advise against k2 in favor of com content.
There were turbulences with k2 v3 and many people got discouraged because nothing happened with k2 for a long time. Fears remained about whether he had not been abandoned.
Two years ago, you announced the PRO version and I was the first patron to support you.
So believe me, I am aiming for a big liking for this extension ;)

I find solution module RAXO this is only one module in whole joomla eco system for support this function. But this is always module not native function k2.
Regards.

More
3 years 6 days ago #178656 by JoomlaWorks
And what's the problem with using RAXO or any other 3rd party module? If you don't wish to implement the simple check I proposed on the template override (which is dead simple), why is it bad paying for something, (e.g. RAXO) especially if you're making money out of site building?

---

• mjmartino
More
3 years 6 days ago - 3 years 6 days ago #178664 by mjmartino
No other module is just raxo. This is not like a couple of years a go Joomla 1.5 where you could choose between solutions.
I also have no problem to buy a third-party module and pay. ( I have this module and pay for several projects.)

It's more about when the page is standing and you need to rebuild 50 menu items, change the view under the module and stop using the k2 menu category display.

This is a good solution if you create new website. You have to agree with that.

I would like to use an overwriting template, but you propose the solution from the programmer's position. And something that is easy for you because you built the whole component is not easy for another person. (This is the curse of knowledge.)

Even if i want try doc dev is not available getk2.org/documentation/category/documentation/for-developers

It is also not that I require anything from you.
I gave a suggestion whether you will use it someday and you will want to add new options to k2 depends on you, the creator developer cck k2.
Last edit: 3 years 6 days ago by mjmartino.