Keyword

Feature request: disable comments in old articles

• Steven Trooster
  • Steven Trooster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 11 months ago #178976 by Steven Trooster
Feature request: disable comments in old articles was created by Steven Trooster
I have a feature request. Spammers like to use old articles to post their comment spam, hoping you won't notice. It would be nice to have a setting that if an article is older than x days, commenting is automatically disabled for that article.We have a lot of spam on our site, always in really old articles.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #178989 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Feature request: disable comments in old articles
I can add 100 options for lots of things, but that would make K2 a configuration monster. In the coming updates I'm even considering removing lots of trivial options like "link in title" or "show anchor link to..." etc.

In your case, it's just easier to add an if statement around your comments form. If the item creation date is older than X days, then hide the form entirely.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Steven Trooster
  • Steven Trooster's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 10 months ago #179024 by Steven Trooster
Replied by Steven Trooster on topic Feature request: disable comments in old articles
I was considering the template option too as an alternative.

I have one other feature request concerning comments: in the latest version K2, it has become more mobile friendly. But one thing has disappeared on mobile: in the admin you can't see to what article a comment was posted. I've set up my site to manually approve comments. Sometimes spam-comments are so carefully crafted that it's hard to judge by the comment itself weather it's spam or a legitimate post. You need to know to what article one comment was added. Please show the title of the article beside the comment.

More
2 years 10 months ago #179048 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Feature request: disable comments in old articles
Noted.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)