Keyword

Too many articles to import from joomla articles to K2 component.

• Erotokritos
  • Erotokritos's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #180556 by Erotokritos
Hello,
I am struggling with a website that have over 30.000 articles on joomla and I m trying to import them to K2 component.
After clicking the 'import joomla content' button after waiting a while it redirects me on the sites homepage and the articles imported are
approximately 8000. Is this a large amount to import for K2 compoent or is there any solution?
I have Joomla 3.10 with k2 componet K2_v2.10.3.
Please help me on this one.
Thank you. 
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Erotokritos. Reason: more info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #180557 by Attis V
Don't waste your time, you might consider what you are about to.
Just think about the age of K2_v2.10.3 (latest update from 2020). And the EOS of J3 support.
I've been using K2 since 2015, it used to be a very good component, with all my appreciation.
I'm in the opposite situation, migrating content from K2 (at this moment right now).
K2 is not J4 compatible, and there is no evidence if ever would be.
Devs are offensive and rude, search the forum.

• Erotokritos
  • Erotokritos's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 4 months ago #180558 by Erotokritos
Thank for your quick reply. I'm forced to use K2 because a template is exclusively using this and it is built around it with components.
Should I be concerned about J4? Since I dont ittend to update  J3.10 to J4 that should not be my concern wright? Or I m missing something? 

More
1 year 4 months ago #180559 by Attis V
I really don't want to tell you what to do, I was talking only about the near future, when Joomla 3 support comes to its end in the near future.

There have been many inquiries about relationship between K2 and Joomla 4 in this forum.
No exact answers, no timeframes, no schedules, just promises and sometimes very rude replies.
Latest K2 update is from 2020, I'd be curious why.
You may search for those and decide about your business.

More
1 year 4 months ago #180561 by JoomlaWorks
@Erotokritos

Don't listen to those whining (as if Joomla 4 is anything new besides a coat of paint and worse perfomance compared to J3)... K2 is constantly being updated. Check the GitHub repo of the project.

As for the import option, you have lots of articles and probably a slow server or low PHP limits, so the process simply times out, either on PHP (max_execution_time) or in your webserver (Apache or Nginx timeouts). If you can increase both these limits (in PHP and your webserver) you'll get the migration done.

Once work settles down a bit on my front, I'll include a CLI importer as well, which is also generic (e.g. CSV to K2) and much faster. This will finalize K2 v2.11 and then K2 will shift to v4 for Joomla 4 only.

If Joomla doesn't give a sh*t about backwards compatibility, then K2 won't either going forth.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
1 year 4 months ago #180565 by Attis V
I haven't done any "whining" regarding J4.
I talked about J3 EOS and your endless promises and "excuses".
Yours faithfully.

More
1 year 3 months ago #180631 by coadefren
Use this extension for mass K2 updates, transferring items to and from K2, and other purposes, but don't rely on it as your primary backup.