Confusion with Comments in K2 - User Group vs Item Access

• Luis Saltos
  • Luis Saltos's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 2 months ago #180634 by Luis Saltos
Hi Everyone,
Needs some help.
In short:
1. I have a usergroup called registered - comments are enabled , as I only want regsitered users on the site to post comments. Public and Guests cannot post - for various security reasons
2. I have an ITEM (K2 aricle) which is set to Public Access, becuase I want both registered and non registered accounts to read it.
BUT !!! Registered accounts cannot post comments on a Public Access K2 Item / Aritcle ?? What have I dont wrong. ??

What I want is for any Registered Users to post comments on ANY articles - guest/public/registered , which I through setting the User Group "registered" up accordingly would do - but I can only get Registered Users to post comments on Registered Articles Access ? Is this correct ?

Cheers and have a great day :)
Luis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #180670 by JoomlaWorks
A usergroud is tied to K2 categories for access and/or bound by restrictions in categories.

So the proper way to resolve this is to make sure that:

a) the Registered group has access to some or all categories to "post comments". I would recommending setting it to all categories under K2 User Groups.

b) you need to just restrict comment posting on the K2 category level. Disable comments for categories you don't want to have posted comments. As such you restrict comment posting on the categories you like to have comments posted, instead of juggling with "who has access to where".

That's the true power of K2 ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.