Keyword

Text not showing unless use of line break

• Pedro Frutuoso
  • Pedro Frutuoso's Avatar Topic Author
More
1 year 3 months ago #180717 by Pedro Frutuoso
Text not showing unless use of line break was created by Pedro Frutuoso
Hi,

I've created a category "No category" for articles that i want to show directly throgh a menu link (for example a "Who we are" article).
I can only see the text if i put a line break in the middle of the text. I think this is related to the "intro text" and "full text".
Is there any way to prevent this and show the text without the line break?
I've tried to change the category settings (in the "item view options") enabling and disabling the "introtext" and "fulltext" options but no results.

For other categories (like "News", for example) i want this "intro" and "full" text line break feature. 

Sorry if this is a basic and repeated question, but i didn't found any documentation or topic about it (at least, with my searches).

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #180719 by Tokyojob
Replied by Tokyojob on topic Text not showing unless use of line break
Go to K2, then click the "settings" button at the top right.
On the "administrator" tab, set the first option on the list "Use one editor window for introtext & fulltext" to "No".
Now, whenever you edit a K2 item, you will have two editor windows, one for introtext, one for full text.

Now you need to configure your item display options in your new category (and make sure it's not inheriting settings from another category) to either show or hide the intro text, whatever your preferences are.
Then make sure to only input text on the "full text" field.

An advanced tip is to show introtext in the item, put whatever most important first paragraph or highlight text or summary in the introtext, and format it differently (maybe a bigger font size, an outline, or whatever you want).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.