Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

K2 and Simple Image Gallery Pro editing layout/style

More
6 years 7 months ago #163499 by Marco
Hi.
I would like to improve a k2 installation with Simple Image Gallery Pro, but from the online documentation it is not clear what is the integration level between the two products.

Is it possible to choose for a single k2 item a style (e.g: elegan gallery layout for k2-item1 and polaroid gallery layout with fancybox), setting the layout inside the k2 item editing page (perhaps in the "image gallery" tab of the k2 item edit page)?
Is it possible to use the same gallery with different layouts in different k2 items?
Are these functionalities that are explained in additional documentation available after the extension purchase?
The topic has been locked.
  • Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 7 months ago #163509 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 and Simple Image Gallery Pro integration level
Hello Marco and thank you for your interest in our products.
You can use the same gallery with pretty much any template across your K2 items.
The only drawback is that you need to use the manual gallery snippet.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)
More
6 years 7 months ago #163527 by Marco

Krikor wrote: You can use the same gallery with pretty much any template across your K2 items.
The only drawback is that you need to use the manual gallery snippet.

Hi.
I do not understand if the drawback is for using the same gallery in different k2 items or for setting a layout.
If I install the Pro version, can I use the "image gallery" tab (in the k2 item edit page) to link the desired gallery and set the chosen layout?
Moreover, as far as I understand, if I use the snippets I can only write inside the "gallery" tag the name or the link of the gallery: how is it possible to set a layout?
In the feature list of the pro extension, it is stated that the Pro extension is fully integrated with k2: could you please tell me what is the difference of integration method between the free Simple Image Gallery and the commercial Pro extension?
Please help me clarify all my doubts. Thank you
  • Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 7 months ago #163550 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic K2 and Simple Image Gallery Pro integration level

If I install the Pro version, can I use the "image gallery" tab (in the k2 item edit page) to link the desired gallery and set the chosen layout?

Of course you can but the gallery needs to be inserted in the item's editor (not through the tab).

If you use the gallery tab, then all of the default settings will apply.
The integration, will allow you to control the display of the gallery in K2's views (item, itemlist etc) will allow you to batch upload images through a zip file, but you cannot use the same gallery in two items without creating two separate galleries.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
More
4 years 1 month ago #174852 by Robert
Hi,

I am uploading items using K2. Is CSS the only way I can change the gallery layout.

The WYSIWYG option does not work for dynamic K@ galleries it would seem?

Sorry I am totally minimal tech.
More
4 years 1 month ago #174865 by JoomlaWorks
Please create a new thread (post) in the forum and try to be more specific or re-phrase your question.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---