Keyword

Server load?

More
17 years 1 month ago #693 by M70
Server load? was created by M70
We're thinking about switching to SIG but we're not sure about how the thumbnails are handled.

If we have the cache activated on Joomla, does the Simple Image Gallery (SIG) load the thumbnails from the cache or not?

I mean that this could be an issue if you are on a shared server.

Thank you,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #694 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: Server load?
Not really. Enabling cache on Joomla does not mean that everything is cached.

Either way, SIG recreates the thumbnails on the fly which can be stressing to the server.

However, this week we're launching 2 versions of SIG, the free v1.3 (update) which includes caching and v1.0 of the "professional" (commercial) version which has some more goodies on (individual captions, multiple popup generators, launch slideshow from single thumbnail feature, image ordering, different thumbnail creation mechanism etc.) and will sell for just 12 Euros.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
17 years 1 month ago #695 by Matthew Barker
Replied by Matthew Barker on topic Re: Server load?

However, this week we're launching 2 versions of SIG, the free v1.3 (update) which includes caching and v1.0 of the "professional" (commercial) version which has some more goodies on (individual captions, multiple popup generators, launch slideshow from single thumbnail feature, image ordering, different thumbnail creation mechanism etc.) and will sell for just 12 Euros.

Any idea of exact date?  This sounds too good to believe.  I will definitely be forking over the 12 euro for this!

More
17 years 4 weeks ago #696 by stonelotus
Replied by stonelotus on topic Re: Server load?

very very nice.

More
17 years 4 weeks ago #697 by LJS
Replied by LJS on topic Re: Server load?

... which has some more goodies on ( individual captions ...

For me, this is the most important feature at the moment. I own a small web site about naval history and wreck preservation ([url=http://http: //www.gravitazero.org]http: //www.gravitazero.org[/url]) and photo caption is very important.

Is it possibile knowing as caption will be managed? a property file into the gallery directory?

Really a good joob indeed!

--
Davide

More
17 years 4 weeks ago #698 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Re: Server load?
To insert captions you'll need to add a text file to the image folder. This file simply contains lines like these:

filename.jpg|description of caption
otherimage.gif|cool feature
etc.

You get the point, it's the fastest and easiest way ever to get captions.

The SIG Pro is ready and we will officially launch it next week. If you can't wait until next week for it, mail me now and I'll send it to you.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)