Keyword

Upgrade to free simple gallery for Joomla 3

More
9 years 10 months ago #55676 by Tony
Hi All, Have upgraded the simple image gallery on my MAMP local site Joomla! version, 3.3.1.
My front page logo is missing and I am getting some strange errors where galleries are missing

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/mintdecor/plugins/content/jw_simpleImageGallery/jw_simpleImageGallery.php on line 31

Thanks for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #55689 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Upgrade to free simple gallery for Joomla 3
Hi. Which version of Simple Image Gallery are you using? The file referenced on the error message is not part of Simple Image Gallery. It should be /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/mintdecor/plugins/content/jw_sig/jw_sig.php not jw_simpleImageGallery.php .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
9 years 10 months ago #55702 by Tony
Ok I upgraded the plugin and reset to the correct template and now things look OK. The upgrade from 2.5 to 3.3 is not always straightforward!
Thanks for your patience

More
9 years 10 months ago #55708 by Lefteris
You are welcome. You should always read the documentation or search information regarding upgrades. In case of Simple Image Gallery, it does not have a database table, so the upgrade is a really easy process.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 2 months ago #140790 by RHM
Can you some point me the direction of SIG upgrading from 2.5 to 3. document - The support document only talks about 2.5

Will it is work with Joomla 3.3.6 - I have had issues with php 5.3.10..

if I migrate to joomla 3 do you just wait till I get to Joomla3 and install over the top of 2.5?

- if I uninstall how can I keep the settings?

Thanks

More
9 years 2 months ago #140797 by Lefteris
@RHM

The only thing you need to do is ensure that you are using the latest version of the plugin. The latest version ( 3.0.1 ) is compatible both with Joomla! 2.5 and 3.3 series. You can get the latest version from www.joomlaworks.net/extensions/free/simple-image-gallery .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---