Keyword

SIG not loading

• acornett
  • acornett's Avatar Topic Author
More
17 years 1 week ago #2223 by acornett
SIG not loading was created by acornett
I am using joomla 1.5 on my development site, and I can't seem to get SIG to work.  It installs just fine, I published it and then created an article with the following content:
{gallery}ajc-pics/random{/gallery}
where ajc-pics/random is a folder located in /images/stories/ with 5 jpegs.  All I get when I view the article is "{gallery}ajc-pics/random{/gallery}"  I have the legacy module installed and running to support v1.0 stuff.  Is this an incompatibility w/ version 1.5, or did I miss something with the SIG setup?
The article I'm testing is here: dev.adamcornett.com/index.php?view=article&catid=35%3Arnadom&id=47%3Afirst&Itemid=52&option=com_content

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago - 16 years 11 months ago #2224 by New Local Media
Replied by New Local Media on topic Re: SIG not loading
Same problem here with Mambo 4.5.5 on SiteGround. The UNUSUAL thing is SIG used to work on this site. It worked for several days, and then the flash slideshow part quit working. The thumbnails were still there, but now they are gone too.

-I tried changing permissions to 777--no good.
-I am not sure what is meant by the XML declaration, but I tried removing the DOCTYPE line and tried transitional and strict xhtml setting.
-The server has GD image library

Here is the page in question:
www.riverwestneighborhood.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=714&Itemid=70&lang=

Note:

-The gallery is within a {slide}--which has not been a problem in the past.

-I have AJAX Header Rotator running on this site, and on this page it quit rotating, so I have it assigned only to my home page now.

-All other extensions active on this page were active (I am pretty sure) when SIG was working.
SIG works fine with Mambo 4.6.1 on another SiteGround server I use.

More
16 years 11 months ago #2225 by New Local Media
Replied by New Local Media on topic Re: SIG not loading
Solution to my problem was to deactivate a mambot (AJAX Instant Search) which evidently conflicted with the lightbox.

Simple idiot solution to weed out javascript conflicts:

-look at the page html source where there is a problem
-find all calls to a .js file and note which extensions they belong to
-deactivate them one by one until SIG (or whatever) starts working, process of elimination
-but take note that some mambots and modules appear to insert some code into your template even if they are NOT published! (This usually seems to be just a matter of extra stylesheets being called by a module or bot....)