Keyword

center my gallery

More
6 years 3 months ago #166325 by skate
center my gallery was created by skate
how do I center my gallery in a joomla 3 article?
do I have to act on template.css?

imgur.com/C7lSiit
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 months ago #166365 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic center my gallery
Hello,

Since this is a visual issue (a bit of back and forth if there are conflicts with the template's stylesheet) can you send a link where the issue is present?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #167057 by Pieter
Replied by Pieter on topic center my gallery
Hi Krikor,

I do have the same issue on a site I am currently building (therefore not public yet) but I did discover this.
Usually when you create an article in J!, the <p></p> tags are wrapped around the content (till you enter, then you get new <p></p> wrapper for the next paragraph.

When adding a {gallery}image_folder{/gallery} in an article, this is not wrapped but taken out of the existing <p></p> wrapping. That doesn't allow the gallery to be styled using the editor (center text button) creating a warpping like <p style="text-align: center;">{gallery}image_folder{/gallery}</p> even though it is stored correctly in the database. It also looks ok when I check source, though the closing </p> shows in red.
odd thing, when I count opening and closing <p> tags they match. When I take out the {gallery}image_folder{/gallery} and leave just the <p> tags in the source of the article it shows ok again... </p> is black.

When I check the console (F12) the browser interprets as <p style="text-align: center;"></p><ul.......the lot..../ul><p></p>

Something is going wrong with the paragraph...
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Pieter.