Keyword

The page loads very slow with Simple Image Gallery

• Sanjaya Pattiyage
  • Sanjaya Pattiyage's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #168091 by Sanjaya Pattiyage
The page loads very slow with Simple Image Gallery was created by Sanjaya Pattiyage
Hi Team,

I am using K2 Simple Image Gallery for my K2 pages. These pages with Simple Image Gallery loads very slow. Once I unpublished the simple image plugins the pages loads fast. I know galleries are little heavy. But 25 seconds load time is really bad. Is there any solution?

Example : www.kumarareisen.de/index.php/component/k2/item/134-outrigger-konotta-maldives-resort

www.kumarareisen.de/index.php/component/k2/item/131-five-palm-jumeirah

Any help would be really appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 10 months ago #168144 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic The page loads very slow with Simple Image Gallery
Hello,

I have already answered your post in the helpdesk.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
5 years 5 months ago #169975 by Jordi Sorts
Replied by Jordi Sorts on topic The page loads very slow with Simple Image Gallery
Hello,

I have the same problem... When I have the plugin enabled the page load very slow ... When I clear the cache, after the first load the page loads more quickly ...

More
5 years 5 months ago #169989 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic The page loads very slow with Simple Image Gallery
The first time the plugin "runs" it creates the thumbnails on-the-fly and caches them. Depending on your server specs and how many (and how large) images you have, this process may be slow. But it all boils down to the ease of use as regenerating the thumbnails can be as simple as clearing your Joomla's site cache.

If you want thumbnails to remain a longer time in the cache (as they expire after a couple hours), adjust the related interval in the plugin settings (under Advanced). Set the time to a week or month.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Jordi Sorts Quintana
More
5 years 5 months ago #170237 by Jordi Sorts Quintana
Replied by Jordi Sorts Quintana on topic The page loads very slow with Simple Image Gallery
But the problem is this happens only in a blog view, and in this view I don't show the plugin ...

I use the plugin to show a gallery inside the article but in a custom field, this custom field is print in a override.

More
5 years 5 months ago #170255 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic The page loads very slow with Simple Image Gallery
This is normal as the related plugin event is fired there too.

What I can do is add an option to only enforce rendering in the article view. In the meantime, edit the file /plugins/content/jw_sig/jw_sig.php and add this after line 59:
if (JRequest::getCmd('view')!= 'article') return; // Execute only in the "article" view

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---