Keyword

Set thumbnail size of gallery

• Kim Briggs
  • Kim Briggs's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #179594 by Kim Briggs
Set thumbnail size of gallery was created by Kim Briggs
Hello,

I am just starting to explore gallery possibilities after the end of the Joomlashine gallery I had been using.  I never used many features except I always likef to have the same thumbnail size in a simple grid format for all my galleries.  Is this possible with the free version?

I have searched the forum for things like "set thumbnail size" and did not find an answer.
I have looked through the folders on the server in the CSS and tried to change the "100%" value for the thumbnails but obviously this didn't work.  When searching the PHP page it seems to be calling a fixed PHP function to resize the image to make thumbnails and I don't understand that?

Is anyone willing to share some knowledge on how I can make my thumbnails a fixed size (like 200px x 200px, not a percentage)?

Ref.  I'd love the gallery to behave like this:  kimbriggs.com/photo/california-pacific-coastal-highway/san-francisco
Thank you,
Kim
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Kim Briggs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #179613 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic Set thumbnail size of gallery
Yes, of course it's possible to configure basic width and height for your thumbnails. But depending on how you want to lay out your responsive pages, you might need to add some CSS code in your template to configure how thumbnails align in mobile views.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Kim Briggs
  • Kim Briggs's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 6 months ago #179621 by Kim Briggs
Replied by Kim Briggs on topic Set thumbnail size of gallery
Thank you for your reply. Are you one of the developers? Does the above answer infer that there is are no options to have thumbnails be fixed width and height using the admin plugin interface? It sounds like to make this change you must edit the text files on the server, is that correct? Thank you.