Keyword

Showthumb.php writeable 755/777

• Steven Vesely
  • Steven Vesely's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 10 months ago #3820 by Steven Vesely
Showthumb.php writeable 755/777 was created by Steven Vesely
I have successfully downloaded the Simple Image Gallery Slimbox mambot plugin from JoolaWorks and installed it to my site which is using a Trooper template. I can add a gallery sucessfully but when I load the page I get red x's in my thumbnails.

Troubleshoot notes to mambot indicate this is a possible problem and says the following:

Thumbnails do not show up (user sees red X's - in IE). If this is the case, the problem is due to wrongly enforced file permissions from your server (the file showthumb.php should be writable - 755 or 777). Or your server is missing the GD Image Library. Either way, ask your hosting company to fix this.

I have full rights access to my server and am looking for more information on what I need to fix. Server is running IIS and my user account and the guest account both have rights to the image folder location all the way back down to the root. What does this showthumb.php 755 or 777 mean? And what is this GD image library?

Gallery does launch the pages. (See www.steveonline.ca/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1) It just does not show the thumbnials.

All suggestions welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Platinum Member
More
16 years 10 months ago - 16 years 10 months ago #3821 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Re: Showthumb.php writeable 755/777
Hi there!!!

Well, as you say, you use IIS server to run your site.
This mambot need the GD library to make the thumbnails of the original images.

If i'm remember right, there are a "server module" for IIS that is installed and used from the IIS server to make use of this library.

As you can see, if you go to the link
http://www.steveonline.ca/mambots/content/plugin_jw_sig/showthumb.php?img=family/LifeJacket/dscn0935.gif&width=100&height=100&quality=50
will see that browser respond
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Call to undefined function ImageCreate() in
<b>D:\InetPub\SteveOnline\mambots\content\plugin_jw_sig\showthumb.php</b> on line <b>45</b>
that means there are no installed the "GD library" module to your IIS server.

Better contact your server adminstrator to tell him to install this IIS server module!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.