Keyword

RSS Feed Reader not displaying the entire feed

• hearts
  • hearts's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 10 months ago #55534 by hearts
On our production site www.hearts-at-home.org/ , we are using JoomlaWorks 'Simple RSS Feed Reader' Module v2.3

On our development site dev.heartsathome.org/ , we recently upgraded to JoomlaWorks 'Simple RSS Feed Reader' Module v3.0

However, on the development site, the feed we want to display on the home page is only displaying a few lines of the data and then lists "continue reading". We want the entire feed to display like it did in the previous version (and is currently doing on the production site).

I am sure this is a simple fix, but I need help figuring it out. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #55536 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic RSS Feed Reader not displaying the entire feed
Hi. Go to the module settings and look out for the option named "Word limit for feed item description (strips HTML tags)" . You can set this to 0 to disable the word limit. You will find there other options also for hiding the read more link etc.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• hearts
More
9 years 10 months ago #55544 by hearts
Thank you for your quick reply. I do have 0 to disable the word limit set. I have everything set in v3.0 to match v2.3. However v3.0 doesn't display the entire feed like v2.3 does. What do I need to do to get the entire feed to display on my home page? Here are screen shots:

Admin panel: imgur.com/CwNtK9j
Production (v2.3): imgur.com/shAzpPz
Development (v3.0)imgur.com/Xq9V1vw

Production site www.hearts-at-home.org/ , we are using JoomlaWorks 'Simple RSS Feed Reader' Module v2.3
Development site dev.heartsathome.org/ , we recently upgraded to JoomlaWorks 'Simple RSS Feed Reader' Module v3.0

Thanks!

More
9 years 10 months ago #55550 by Lefteris
You have set the image to be resized at 0 pixels... Probably this is hiding the image.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• hearts
More
9 years 10 months ago #55558 by hearts
In version 2.3, I have:

Word limit for feed item description: 0
Image handling: extract first image only, hide others
Image resize width: 0
Image resample quality: 0

In version 3.0, I have:

Image handling: extract first image only, resize it using HTML, hide others

Why doesn't version 3.0 here: dev.heartsathome.org/
work like version 2.3 here: www.hearts-at-home.org/

Thanks!

More
9 years 10 months ago #55563 by Lefteris
I really don't get your answer. Is it so hard to change the parameter? If you don't want the image set it to hide images. If you do want the image set it to show and enter a number for the width. Not zero.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• hearts
More
9 years 10 months ago #55570 by hearts
Hi. Yes. I have changed the parameter many times. 0, 1, 2, 5, 10, 100, 250, etc. Nothing works!

If you re-read through our conversation thread below, you will see that I have successfully used v2.3 and after upgrading to v3.0, I am having problems. The question is: In v3.0, how do I get the first image to display and the entire feed to display without stripping HTML? Everything I have tried to change in the parameters does not work.

Thanks!

However, on the development site, the feed we want to display on the home page is only displaying a few lines of the data and then lists "continue reading". We want the entire feed to display like it did in the previous version (and is currently doing on the production site).
I am sure this is a simple fix, but I need help figuring it out. Thanks!
Hi. Go to the module settings and look out for the option named "Word limit for feed item description (strips HTML tags)" . You can set this to 0 to disable the word limit. You will find there other options also for hiding the read more link etc.
Thank you for your quick reply. I do have 0 to disable the word limit set. I have everything set in v3.0 to match v2.3. However v3.0 doesn't display the entire feed like v2.3 does. What do I need to do to get the entire feed to display on my home page? Here are screen shots:

Admin panel: imgur.com/CwNtK9j
Production (v2.3): imgur.com/shAzpPz
Development (v3.0)imgur.com/Xq9V1vw

Production site www.hearts-at-home.org/ , we are using JoomlaWorks 'Simple RSS Feed Reader' Module v2.3
Development site dev.heartsathome.org/ , we recently upgraded to JoomlaWorks 'Simple RSS Feed Reader' Module v3.0

Thanks!
Image handling: extract first image only, hide others
Image resample quality: 0

In version 3.0, I have:
Image handling: extract first image only, resize it using HTML, hide others

Why doesn't version 3.0 here: dev.heartsathome.org/
work like version 2.3 here: www.hearts-at-home.org/

Thanks!
I really don't get your answer. Is it so hard to change the parameter? If you don't want the image set it to hide images. If you do want the image set it to show and enter a number for the width. Not zero.

More
9 years 10 months ago #55575 by Lefteris
You have not changed the setting. I still see in the development site that word limit is being applied. So once again, if you want the image to be displayed set the "Image Handling" to "Extract first image only, resize it using HTML, hide others" . Then set the "Image resize width" to something logical ( 200 for example )and not to 0. Finally set the "Word limit for feed item description (strips HTML tags)" to 0. I just tested and everything works fine for me.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• hearts
More
9 years 10 months ago #55586 by hearts
Hi. I have tried many settings and it appears when you viewed it, I had changed them. So, right now, my settings are as you requested:

"Image Handling" to "Extract first image only, resize it using HTML, hide others"
"Image resize width" to 200 and not to 0
"Word limit for feed item description (strips HTML tags)" to 0

I have included a screenshot of the backend with these settings.

The rss feed still does not display the entire feed or the image with these settings.

Thanks!

imgur.com/fZIYZcf

More
9 years 10 months ago #55592 by Lefteris
I don't know what you are changing. All i know is that i still see the word limit being applied at dev.heartsathome.org/ . So probably you are changing the wrong module settings. Also, i would like to know what's the URL of the feed.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---