Keyword

Feed caching issues

• Andrew
  • Andrew's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #135083 by Andrew
Feed caching issues was created by Andrew
This topic began with a Twitter conversation: Invalid consumer key/secret in configuration

I'm using Simple RSS Feed Reader v3.3 on Joomla 2.5 and am having an issue with the feeds being cached and not updating. The site is www.ncll.org and I'm using the feed reader module in three locations on the home page: imgur.com/XgO1NI9

The feeds are updated once a day Monday–Friday; here is a screenshot of the caching settings in the modules: imgur.com/1vIMfOj

If I change module settings and save, it updates that module. Clearing the site cache makes no difference.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 4 months ago #135108 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Feed caching issues
Hi. There is an extra caching option named "Cache time (in minutes) for feed content and remote images" . What's it's value? Also what's the caching handler under Joomla! global configuration?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Andrew
  • Andrew's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 4 months ago #135327 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Feed caching issues
The “Cache time (in minutes) for feed content and remote images” is set to 360. Under Joomla! global configuration, the cache handler is set to “File” (the only option available) and the cache is set to “OFF - Caching disabled”

More
9 years 4 months ago #135342 by Lefteris
When the module is saved, the cache is cleared. I don't get why it does not work when you clear the cache manually. Are you on the latest version of Joomla! 2.5? It should be 2.5.28.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 2 months ago #140407 by Cauê de Mattos
Replied by Cauê de Mattos on topic Feed caching issues
One fast question about caching: is it possible to override system's Global settings? For example, leaving progressive caching for the whole site but the news feed module uncached or with another cache time?

Thanks

Cauê

More
9 years 2 months ago #140418 by Lefteris
@Cauê de Mattos

The module has two caching layers. The first one is the core Joomla! moduke caching which stores all the output of the module into cache. This can be enabled/disabled on the "Advanced" tab of the module. The second layer is a custom caching mechanism to store the feed contents that the module is fetching. This has just a timeout option.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 2 months ago #140432 by Cauê de Mattos
Lefteris,

Thank you very much, man! I'll run some tests, but it seems that it worked!

Thanks

Cauê

More
9 years 2 months ago #140757 by Cauê de Mattos
Lefteris,

I've tried leaving the module uncached but the the feeds are still being cached. Please take a look at the screenshots:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

File Attachment:

I'm using Joomla 3.3, with progressive caching and system cache plug-in enabled. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Cauê

More
9 years 2 months ago #140799 by Lefteris
The file will always get created. Bit actually this has no effect. Since you have set it to expire, it will get refreshed everytime the module is loaded.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
9 years 2 months ago #140815 by Cauê de Mattos
Lefteris,

But this way, the feeds are only going to be refreshed only after clearing the cache, right? Because I'd like the module to be always uncached, so the feeds would always be updated.

I'll explain the reason I'd like it to be like this: my website isn't so big, but it has many photo galleries, without caching enabled the site takes too long to load, around 20 secs. With cache enabled the site takes less than 1 sec. I'd like to leave the site cached "forever", because the only dynamic module is Feed RSS and one Facebook likebox (which isn't cached, it is always updated). So, the only module that doesn't allow me leaving it cached for long is Feed RSS.

Thanks

Cauê