Keyword

[SOLVED] Can't get feed to display

• katybird
  • katybird's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 days ago #153634 by katybird
Can't get feed to display was created by katybird
Hi, i can't get this feed to display using Simple RSS Feed Reader. newsroom.cisco.com/data/syndication/rss2/headlinesAndNewsReleases_20.xml. It does display using the native Joomla RSS reader. I am able to show other feeds in Simple RSS, both http and https feeds but this particular one doesn't show in Simple RSS, just in native Joomla. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing that would let it handle that rss2 feed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JoomlaWorks Support Team
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 5 days ago #153637 by JoomlaWorks Support Team
Replied by JoomlaWorks Support Team on topic Can't get feed to display
Hello,
I tried to fetch the rss feed you provided, with Simple RSS Feed Reader, and I had the following error triggered

Failed loading XML... error parsing attribute name attributes construct error Couldn't find end of Start Tag rssversion line 1 Extra content at the end of the document

By inspecting the code of the rss I noticed that indeed there is an extra whitespace between the rss and the version

<rss version="2.0">

and that is why this feed cannot be parsed.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• katybird
More
8 years 5 days ago #153649 by katybird
Replied by katybird on topic Can't get feed to display
I understand that the correct syntax is <rss version="2.0"> and we do end with a </rss>. I could not find any references for an <rssversion="2.0"> without whitespace. Are you sure that the existing whitespace is not being removed by the application somehow and thus causing the error because the space is missing?

• katybird
More
8 years 5 days ago #153651 by katybird
Replied by katybird on topic Can't get feed to display
oh, well, i submitted the feed to several online feed validators and they all said valid and Joomla native rss works but i did remove the extra space in the actual file, i couldn't see that there were actually two spaces there instead of one until i downloaded the file, but after removing that space, ie., changing from <rss version="2.0"> to <rss version="2.0"> Simple RSS is now reading the file. Thank you for your help!!