Keyword

Feed not populating, module is published and showing on site

• Traci Lovelace
  • Traci Lovelace's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #168056 by Traci Lovelace
Hi, I've had this feed running on mgpw.org for several years without fail. I was advised by the blog owner that it is not showing up, and despite my efforts, I can't see what the problem is. I verified that the feed URL is correct. I checked the module settings and don't see the problem. The module is published and the title shows up where it's placed on the website. The feed in question is teachinggardenpwc.wordpress.com/feed/

I deleted the module, uninstalled the extension, reinstalled the extension and then recreated the module all to no avail. I am at a loss as to what to do next.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Traci Lovelace
More
5 years 10 months ago #168057 by Traci Lovelace
When attempting to access the feed from a direct link I get the error message "Failure loading XML". Looking for a solution it seems like its a parsing error. Sigh. Well outside my comfort zone.

• Traci Lovelace
More
5 years 10 months ago #168058 by Traci Lovelace
Declaration of JWElement::render() should be compatible with JFormField::render($layoutId, $data = Array) in /home/mgpw3024/public_html/modules/mod_jw_srfr/includes/elements/base.php on line 17

This is the error message. Line 17 of this file is {

What do I need to do to fix this?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 10 months ago #168076 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Feed not populating, module is published and showing on site
Can you send me a URL which has a published instance of the module?
Also can you try deleting the module's and Joomla!'s cache?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Traci Lovelace
More
5 years 10 months ago #168089 by Traci Lovelace
mgpw.org is where the module is published. The title of the module is "The Teaching Garden Blog-JW", and it is visible on the right side of the page. I have already tried clearing the system cache, how do I clear the module's cache? I don't see any option on the module set up for that.... only for "Cache time (in minutes) for feed content and remote images" Thank you for your help.

• Traci Lovelace
More
5 years 10 months ago #168108 by Traci Lovelace
Hello, have you had an opportunity to look at this? Thank you

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 10 months ago #168137 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Feed not populating, module is published and showing on site
By setting a 0 value (not recommended in production) in the Cache time (in minutes) for feed content and remote images" setting you disable the module's cache.
Also can you try the DEV version? github.com/joomlaworks/simple-rss-feed-reader

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Traci Lovelace
More
5 years 10 months ago #168140 by Traci Lovelace
I deleted the earlier version and installed the DEV version. I published it and it does not show up. I've verified it is published. I changed the cache time to 0, it still does not show up. Other than changing the title of the module and the cache time, I left the settings as default. The title of the module is not showing up now.

This error message shows at the top of the screen when I open the module Strict Standards: Declaration of JWElement::render() should be compatible with JFormField::render($layoutId, $data = Array) in /home/mgpw3024/public_html/modules/mod_jw_srfr/includes/elements/base.php on line 17

Again, when I look at line 17 in the file base.php, it is an open curly brackets only. ({)

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
5 years 10 months ago #168155 by Krikor Boghossian
Same version, latest Joomla! version, no template overrides and the same feed works ->jmp.sh/xI8MNzV
Can you ask your hosting provider if they are using any extra security measures?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Traci Lovelace
More
5 years 10 months ago #168191 by Traci Lovelace
From the support folks over at the web host (who also stated there is no extra security on the site)

I have checked the module settings and everything seems to be fine there, I also made a cURL request to the teachinggardenpwc.wordpress.com/feed/ link from your account and it is accessible:

Code:

mgpw3024@siteground247 [~]# curl -IX GET teachinggardenpwc.wordpress.com/feed/
HTTP/2 200
server: nginx
date: Wed, 06 Jun 2018 05:06:28 GMT

I would recommend checking with the module developers for further debugging, if there is anyting they require from us, we will be happy to assist further.