Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: How do I check K2 version)

• HankBrown
25 Nov 2010 19:38
Replied by HankBrown on topic Article with Multi-Category

Article with Multi-Category

Category: English K2 Community

Hello everyone ... I am currently keeping myself busy with K2 too and just as all the other here (in several threads of the forum) I am looking for multi-category publishing of a single item! However, during my research for a solution I came across a thread in people.joomla.org ... check it out: people.joomla.org/groups/viewdiscussion/112-Multiple+Categor...

Apparently this guy, named Jason Hart, did some work on an own MultiCat-solution for K2 already. Sure, it is only an Aplha-Version and only in combination with K2 v.2.2 but it might be a good start for a complete solution to our all problem ... don't you think so too? I am unfortunately not a professional progammer myself but maybe you guys or the people of the K2-development team can give this guy Jason Hart a hand in what he already has started ...

Here is his website with the current Alpha-Version of K2 MultiCat as download: www.developmii.com/downloads/k2-multicat.html
  • HankBrown
25 Nov 2010 19:34
Replied by HankBrown on topic Categories multi-mapping

Categories multi-mapping

Hello everyone ... I am currently keeping myself busy with K2 too and just as all the other here (in several threads of the forum) I am looking for multi-category publishing of a single item! However, during my research for a solution I came across a thread in people.joomla.org ... check it out: people.joomla.org/groups/viewdiscussion/112-Multiple+Categor...

Apparently this guy, named Jason Hart, did some work on an own MultiCat-solution for K2 already. Sure, it is only an Aplha-Version and only in combination with K2 v.2.2 but it might be a good start for a complete solution to our all problem ... don't you think so too? I am unfortunately not a professional progammer myself but maybe you guys or the people of the K2-development team can give this guy Jason Hart a hand in what he already has started ...

Here is his website with the current Alpha-Version of K2 MultiCat as download: www.developmii.com/downloads/k2-multicat.html
  • HankBrown
25 Nov 2010 19:31
Replied by HankBrown on topic Item Under multiple category

Item Under multiple category

• HankBrown
25 Nov 2010 19:27
Replied by HankBrown on topic Subcatogeries /items in multiple categories??

Subcatogeries /items in multiple categories??

• HankBrown
25 Nov 2010 19:27
Replied by HankBrown on topic K2 Item In Different Categories

K2 Item In Different Categories

• HankBrown
25 Nov 2010 19:25
Replied by HankBrown on topic Articles in multiple Categories...how?

Articles in multiple Categories...how?

• HankBrown
25 Nov 2010 19:17
Replied by HankBrown on topic Items in Multiple Categories

Items in Multiple Categories

Hello everyone ... I am currently keeping myself busy with K2 too and just as all the other here I am looking for multi-category publishing of a single item! However, during my research for a solution I came across a thread in people.joomla.org ... check it out: people.joomla.org/groups/viewdiscussion/112-Multiple+Categories+for+Items.html?groupid=47

• HankBrown
25 Nov 2010 19:17
Replied by HankBrown on topic K2 item in Multiple Categories

K2 item in Multiple Categories

Hello everyone ... I am currently keeping myself busy with K2 too and just as all the other here I am looking for multi-category publishing of a single item! However, during my research for a solution I came across a thread in people.joomla.org ... check it out: people.joomla.org/groups/viewdiscussion/112-Multiple+Categories+for+Items.html?groupid=47

• Sebastián Zanzot
31 Oct 2010 20:20
mod_k2_content doesn't shows avatars was created by Sebastián Zanzot

mod_k2_content doesn't shows avatars

I'm currently testing the K2 framework and cannot get avatars to show while using mod_k2_content. Information about comment writer does indeed show in the comments list, but no avatar whatsoever. I've tried enabling extended author information in both category and item display options, but still nothing.I've also tried disabling k2 plug-ins and CSS styles, leaving the component inhereting styles from the website's main template, but still nothing.I've checked and the version of mod_kd_content I'm using is 2.3.Any ideas?...Thanks in advance!
  • william white
30 Oct 2010 04:18
Replied by william white on topic Users aceess per item

Users aceess per item

Set k2 user group registared to not be able to publish.
If you elevate a k2 registared user to author in joomla they will show up in the author list when in the backend logged in as administrator while editing that item.
Set the author to the user you elevated to author status
edit the item
save, close, and refresh
the item will disappear from front end
check from backend as admin and you will find that the item is now unpublished.
you are correct, there are no versions, just the last change, but it did unpublish it when saved from a user/owner who is a member of a k2 group who does not have right to publish.
Some way to know that the item needs publishing would be helpfull here
  • alfons scholing
19 Oct 2010 14:20
Replied by alfons scholing on topic Simple Image Gallery PRO

Simple Image Gallery PRO

The free version has the same problem thats why...

And i solved that the same way....

its just the (dedicated??) path that joomla uses... is different then the path of SIG.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. I didn't make any changes. Just checked your link and i saw everything works fine. The free version of SIG is not currently supported by K2. However there are some workarounds for using the free version in this forum. Please take a look on them.

alfons scholing said:solution!?!? Prob if you change folder in plugin settings it will change to right folder...
pls reply... i dont have pro... other ppl might... they would want to know too...

d.k.shukla said:Plug in SIG free version is also working with k2 V-2.2 after doing following changes. There is path issue in plug in, you will require to change in file showthumb.php , you will find file in /plugins/content/plugin_jw_sig/ Please modify line no 15 by replacing following code $_image_ = '../../../media/k2/galleries/'.$_GET;

You will also require to change plugins/content/jwsig.php at line no.50 by following code
$rootfolder = '/media/k2/galleries/';

It will help people to use gallery feature of K2
  • Lefteris
18 Oct 2010 12:11
Replied by Lefteris on topic Simple Image Gallery PRO

Simple Image Gallery PRO

Hi. I didn't make any changes. Just checked your link and i saw everything works fine. The free version of SIG is not currently supported by K2. However there are some workarounds for using the free version in this forum. Please take a look on them.

alfons scholing said:solution!?!? Prob if you change folder in plugin settings it will change to right folder...

pls reply... i dont have pro... other ppl might... they would want to know too...

d.k.shukla said:Plug in SIG free version is also working with k2 V-2.2 after doing following changes. There is path issue in plug in, you will require to change in file showthumb.php , you will find file in /plugins/content/plugin_jw_sig/ Please modify line no 15 by replacing following code
$_image_ = '../../../media/k2/galleries/'.$_GET;

You will also require to change plugins/content/jwsig.php at line no.50 by following code
$rootfolder = '/media/k2/galleries/';

It will help people to use gallery feature of K2
  • Nick Texidor
13 Oct 2010 02:24
Replied by Nick Texidor on topic Unable to upload images using the "Image" tab

Unable to upload images using the "Image" tab

Hi Pieter, did you make any progress? I sent you an email last night, let me know if you didn't receive it.

Pieter Willemsen said:jes :) all sub folders are on 777
I can give you the login codes if you have time?

Nick Texidor said:Hmmm, that seems to show that the upload is going through ok.  I know it's a silly question, but when you gave the /media/k2 folder 777 permissions, did you also choose to give all folders IN that folder the same 777 permissions? :)Pieter Willemsen said:This is the log I got when uploading an image. system information
- class version : 0.29
- operating system : Linux
- PHP version : 5.2.12
- GD version : 2.0.34
- supported image types : png jpg gif bmp
- open_basedir : no restriction
- language : en_GB
source is an uploaded file
- upload OK
- file name OK
determining MIME type
- Fileinfo PECL extension deactivated
- UNIX file() command is deactivated
- mime.magic file (mime_content_type()) is deactivated
- Checking MIME type with getimagesize()
MIME type detected as image/jpeg by PHP getimagesize() function
- MIME validated as image/jpeg
source variables
- You can use all these before calling process()
file_src_name : robinenpieter.jpg
file_src_name_body : robinenpieter
file_src_name_ext : jpg
file_src_pathname : /tmp/phpMjFQ5v
file_src_mime : image/jpeg
file_src_size : 138294 (max= 0)
file_src_error : 0
- source file is an image
image_src_x : 400
image_src_y : 400
image_src_pixels : 160000
image_src_type : jpg
image_src_bits : 8

my email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. thanks again for your help

Nick Texidor said:Actually, there is one further thing you could do... in the /administrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php file, search for //image, and then find the line that says: $handle = new upload($image); add a line under this as follows:
echo $handle->log; exit;

Now go and try to add an image to a K2 page. You should see the output of the log file that class.upload.php creates. Hopefully this might give you another clue.

Remember to remove that line once you've seen the log and whether it contains any errors.
  • Pieter Willemsen
12 Oct 2010 16:37
Replied by Pieter Willemsen on topic Unable to upload images using the "Image" tab

jes :) all sub folders are on 777

I can give you the login codes if you have time?

Nick Texidor said:Hmmm, that seems to show that the upload is going through ok.  I know it's a silly question, but when you gave the /media/k2 folder 777 permissions, did you also choose to give all folders IN that folder the same 777 permissions? :)Pieter Willemsen said:This is the log I got when uploading an image.
system information
- upload OK
- file name OK
determining MIME type
source variables

my email is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. thanks again for your help

Nick Texidor said:Actually, there is one further thing you could do... in the /administrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php file, search for //image, and then find the line that says: $handle = new upload($image); add a line under this as follows:

echo $handle->log; exit;

Now go and try to add an image to a K2 page. You should see the output of the log file that class.upload.php creates. Hopefully this might give you another clue.

Remember to remove that line once you've seen the log and whether it contains any errors.
  • Nick Texidor
12 Oct 2010 16:30
Replied by Nick Texidor on topic Unable to upload images using the "Image" tab

Hmmm, that seems to show that the upload is going through ok. 
I know it's a silly question, but when you gave the /media/k2 folder 777 permissions, did you also choose to give all folders IN that folder the same 777 permissions? :)Pieter Willemsen said:This is the log I got when uploading an image.

system information
- upload OK
- file name OK
determining MIME type
source variables

Nick Texidor said:Actually, there is one further thing you could do... in the /administrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php file, search for //image, and then find the line that says: $handle = new upload($image);

add a line under this as follows:

echo $handle->log; exit;

• libaizhuo
05 Oct 2010 05:15

K2 2.4.1 upgrade problem - Read more link disappeared

Site URL:http://www.aab.co.uk/In the left column above "Client Login" it is a K2 content module. I've set in the module that "Read more... link" to be "Show", however the "Read more..." link are not showing up! (I've checked that the other parameters are working fine, but I really need the "Read More..."link to show up)Is it a bug of the latest version?Also I've set the module's "Item ordering" to be "Order", but it's not displaying news by the order we've set in K2. Instead it displays item 1, 3, and 4..Please would you have a look at this?If this is a bug of the latest version, how do I switch it back to the K2 2.3 version? Can I just install the old package through extension installer?Many thanks for your help!!!L
  • Christian Matthieas
04 Oct 2010 20:05
Replied by Christian Matthieas on topic K2 Add new item window resize

K2 Add new item window resize

It is not the auto resizer but it seems like a good fix. And the lady wonderfully lists the same files we found without anyone bitching about hacking "CORE" files.

Let me know if you like the method of a new window better. Seems like a good idea.. I don't know though.

Jasper Newton said:MarvelousThanking you very much, Ill give it a go this week some-when.So the bug that's not a bug, and the problem that's not a problem just "an annoyance" has been "fixed" by K2 3 timesin 3 different versions, while not actually fixing it, denying its a problem or a bug, and actually being resolved, albeit temporarily by users?smart work.It'd be a far push to suggest that the person then who clearly wont accept its an issue, now a year on and users STILL finding it an issue, was the same person...............oh it is?........oh.Thanks tho.Christian Matthieas said:LMAO Jasper...Check out this post from 2009 and check out how they said they were fixing it and check out what they fixed... LMAOhttp://community.getk2.org/forum/topics/frontend-ajax-editor-issue?...talk about hard headed
  • Jasper Newton
04 Oct 2010 19:50
Replied by Jasper Newton on topic K2 Add new item window resize

K2 Add new item window resize

Marvelous

Thanking you very much, Ill give it a go this week some-when.
So the bug that's not a bug, and the problem that's not a problem just "an annoyance" has been "fixed" by K2 3 times
in 3 different versions, while not actually fixing it, denying its a problem or a bug, and actually being resolved, albeit temporarily by users?
smart work.
It'd be a far push to suggest that the person then who clearly wont accept its an issue, now a year on and users STILL finding it an issue, was the same person...............oh it is?........oh.

Thanks tho.

Christian Matthieas said:LMAO Jasper...
Check out this post from 2009 and check out how they said they were fixing it and check out what they fixed... LMAO

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/frontend-ajax-editor-issue?...

talk about hard headed
  • Christine
24 Sep 2010 18:30

Suddenly, when adding new K2 items, the item text doesn't appear on the page. Please help.

We have had no trouble up until yesterday adding items to our new K2 powered site.  Suddenly, the item title and image are showing up, but none of the text.

Running v 2.3 at www.movewithmeactionadventures.com.

Here's the front end view:  www.movewithmeactionadventures.com/team/item/63-lisa-detamore-bs

The content tab in the item pane on the back end contains this text, but it is not being rendered in the front end.  
Lisa Detamore B.S. Speech Pathology Audiology - West Virginia University.<br /><br />Lisa began her Yoga training at Yoga on High in Columbus, Ohio and was a member of the first Yoga Ed graduating class. One of her first assignments was teaching children and she never looked back. For the past 7 years she has taught Yoga to children at the Samuel Goldwyn Day Care Center and at the St. James Daycare Center as well as teaching at UCLA preschool and at West Hollywood Tiny Tots. Lisa released her first DVD "Pizza Party" last year and it has been a success worldwide. She holds certification from National Yoga Alliance, Yoga Ed., and Itsy Bitsy Yoga. Lisa is the mother of 3 boys and lives in Santa Monica, CA.

I have searched the threads but don't see any reports of this bug.   All the directories are writable per installation instructions.

Check
Result

Web Server
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)

PHP version

MySQL version

GD image library
bundled (2.0.34 compatible)

Multibyte string support
Enabled

Upload limit
50M

Memory limit
500M

Open remote files (allow url fopen)
Yes
  • kabeza
23 Sep 2010 21:03
Replied by kabeza on topic How to know if upgrading process was ok

How to know if upgrading process was ok

mmmmmmm
I see this:

* @version $Id: k2.php 478 2010-06-16 16:11:42Z joomlaworks $

so now this confirms the upgrading wasn't really done, right?

William White said:check your k2.php in components/com_k2 * @version $Id: k2.php 566 2010-09-23 11:50:06Z joomlaworks $
it should say the above or something very similar...this was from svn
Displaying 181 - 200 out of 270 results.