Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: How do I check K2 version)

• Quincy
23 Jun 2010 23:19
Replied by Quincy on topic K2 Not seeing Simple Image Gallery Plugin

K2 Not seeing Simple Image Gallery Plugin

Category: English K2 Community

And by the way, I uploaded the Gallery in the admin, it does not even show up in the Admin talk less of the in the articles in the front page using K2...nothing in that forum addressed this behaviour

Quincy said:sorry Followeyes, I cant seem to understand your direction, dont make sense to me what is "Don't (remember) - When you zip the folder itself the pathway is wrong."

Followeyes said:Hi.. " Quincy " Try my suggestion please, read about it somewhere in this community. (( highlight all the images in the folder and zip them! Don't (remember) - When you zip the folder itself the pathway is wrong. ))..

Hope success.

Quincy said:Hi Will, I did purchase the Pro version and now it sees it but still have a problem. I load up the gallery but for some reason its not publishing it. checked all my settings, made sure the cache server is writable etc but still not comign up..Help! William White said:Do you have pro version community.getk2.org/forum/topics/simple-gallery-slimbox-prob... it solves many problems
  • carol Manoogian
23 Jun 2010 16:03
Replied by carol Manoogian on topic Errors after upgrade

Errors after upgrade

Hi William. I have checked the parameters, and K2 CSS is enabled. I haven't changed anything to the core before I upgraded ( or since) and to be honest, I wouldn't know how to do this anyway. I simply downloaded the newest version of K2 and installed it through the components option on Joomla! and that was it. Since that time it has looked "weird" I really like K2 and hope this can be resolved because I'm not enjoying the wordpress component for Joomla at all!! Thanks
  • camila18
22 Jun 2010 04:42
Problem with Locally Hosted Videos was created by camila18

Problem with Locally Hosted Videos

Category: AllVideos

Hi,

I have been using AllVideos with K2 for almost a year and never had an issue. Recently however, my locally hosted videos are not showing up at all. YouTube videos do play. I have not made any significant changes to the Web site so I am not sure what is going on. I upgraded to the latest version of AllVideos and checked my code. Here is an example:

cafemeetingplace.com/cafevision/beverage-videos/item/34-martini-shaken.html

I have: {mov}robert_martini_shaken{/mov}

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
  • Mark Banks
11 Jun 2010 15:40
Replied by Mark Banks on topic Problem using Google maps in K2

Problem using Google maps in K2

Hi Nick, friend request sent - certainly interested in the updated plugin.
Simon (K2Joom) replied on both issues - the second is known about and is being looked into.
Rgds, Mark

Nick Texidor said:Hi Mark,
The first problem you mentioned were included in the fixes I sent back to Simon. If you want me to send you an updated version of Simon's module, then send me a private message with your email address and I'll email it over to you. (I'm assuming we can do that on here? I'm new, so I haven't checked yet).

As for the K2 Content Module, I haven't actually used that module to list out any K2 Items, so I haven't come across it, but I can give it a try and see if I can add a fix in for it. But that's a very good point, as I think the Map comes in as part of the content, so I can see why it may be a problem. I'll give it a try this morning.

N

Mark Banks said:Hi Lorne and Nick, thanks for the replies and info regarding the plugins. I'm going to try out the first option Nick describes, as I've hit two snags recently with the K2Joom plugin - I've detailed the snags to Simon in another post, however, in summary they are: 1. I'm having to swap the Google generated Long and Lat codes into the opposite fields (Long entered into latitude field and Lat entered into longitude field) on the item content form to get the correct location to display in the browser. If I don't do this, the map displays somewhere else on the globe.
2. I've also found that using the K2 Content Module to list Articles (i.e list articles from category) in a module with all other available options set to off/hide has resulted in the k2 list being displayed with the article title AND the google map beneath it.

I've set up a demo of the highlighting both problems here: www.mb-workshop.com/properties/projects
The two articles are K2 map test and K2 map test 2.

Are these problems that either of you have come across?
Regards
mark
  • Nick Texidor
11 Jun 2010 01:08
Replied by Nick Texidor on topic Problem using Google maps in K2

Problem using Google maps in K2

Hi Mark,

The first problem you mentioned were included in the fixes I sent back to Simon. If you want me to send you an updated version of Simon's module, then send me a private message with your email address and I'll email it over to you. (I'm assuming we can do that on here? I'm new, so I haven't checked yet).

As for the K2 Content Module, I haven't actually used that module to list out any K2 Items, so I haven't come across it, but I can give it a try and see if I can add a fix in for it. But that's a very good point, as I think the Map comes in as part of the content, so I can see why it may be a problem. I'll give it a try this morning.

N

Mark Banks said:Hi Lorne and Nick, thanks for the replies and info regarding the plugins. I'm going to try out the first option Nick describes, as I've hit two snags recently with the K2Joom plugin - I've detailed the snags to Simon in another post, however, in summary they are:
1. I'm having to swap the Google generated Long and Lat codes into the opposite fields (Long entered into latitude field and Lat entered into longitude field) on the item content form to get the correct location to display in the browser. If I don't do this, the map displays somewhere else on the globe.
2. I've also found that using the K2 Content Module to list Articles (i.e list articles from category) in a module with all other available options set to off/hide has resulted in the k2 list being displayed with the article title AND the google map beneath it.

I've set up a demo of the highlighting both problems here: www.mb-workshop.com/properties/projects
The two articles are K2 map test and K2 map test 2.

Are these problems that either of you have come across?
Regards
mark
  • Chris Yates
17 May 2010 14:41
Replied by Chris Yates on topic CURRENT SVN - GOOGLE SEARCH

CURRENT SVN - GOOGLE SEARCH

Simon,

To clarify (slow on uptake today) this uses the Google API to return items only from the Site and NOT from Google itself?

CHRIS

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:Hi Chris,
Yes, that is correct.
K2 is using the Google API to search your site only, it will not return results from other domains.

Simon

Chris Yates said:Simon, Your google search on K2Joom Docs isn't working either!

Tried it using several simple terms like "bbc"and "cnn" and so forth and it's returning nothing other than two articles on your site!!

Be Well,
CHRIS

Chris Yates said:Simon, Thanks the advice and will check that out when I get time out from the busy day today.
While you're there at the other end let me ask you another quick question.

Can the K2 plugin be used to insert Google Adsense code and if so how the blazes is it done since haev looked at the code and can't get my head around it (that maybe something to do with only having had 8 hours sleep in the last 48 hours though)?

Don't want to use the loadposition method since this is is a messy solution.

Thanks in advance any advice on this score.

Be Well,

CHRIS

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:Hi Chris, I have run some further tests after discussing and can confirm that this function is working. Here is an update on what to do.

In the K2 Parameters, there is a field called Container ID to render the Google search, which as default is filled with k2Container.
I changed this to mainContent and I was then able to see results displayed.

You can test this at k2joom.com/docs
There your will see two search forms, the top is the K2 version which will return results using Google Search.

There are two main reasons why results might not be displayed.
1) The template used might not have div k2container setup for the K2 search page.
2) A newly developed site may not have been indexed.
3) If you are running on a local system.

Try testing using a joomla and K2 search module on the same page.
Search for a known word in the Joomla search and then use firebug to check which container the results are displayed in.
Enter that information in to the K2 parameters as mentioned above, save, then refresh your page and test the K2 version.

Let us know how you get on.

Simon
K2 Support
  • Simon Wells
17 May 2010 14:19
Replied by Simon Wells on topic CURRENT SVN - GOOGLE SEARCH

Hi Chris,

Yes, that is correct.
K2 is using the Google API to search your site only, it will not return results from other domains.

Simon

Chris Yates said:Simon,
Your google search on K2Joom Docs isn't working either!

Tried it using several simple terms like "bbc"and "cnn" and so forth and it's returning nothing other than two articles on your site!!

Be Well,
CHRIS

Chris Yates said:Simon, Thanks the advice and will check that out when I get time out from the busy day today.

Can the K2 plugin be used to insert Google Adsense code and if so how the blazes is it done since haev looked at the code and can't get my head around it (that maybe something to do with only having had 8 hours sleep in the last 48 hours though)?

Be Well,

CHRIS

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:Hi Chris, I have run some further tests after discussing and can confirm that this function is working.
Here is an update on what to do.

In the K2 Parameters, there is a field called Container ID to render the Google search, which as default is filled with k2Container.

There your will see two search forms, the top is the K2 version which will return results using Google Search.

1) The template used might not have div k2container setup for the K2 search page.

Search for a known word in the Joomla search and then use firebug to check which container the results are displayed in.
Enter that information in to the K2 parameters as mentioned above, save, then refresh your page and test the K2 version.

Simon
K2 Support
  • Chris Yates
17 May 2010 14:08

Simon,

Your google search on K2Joom Docs isn't working either!

Be Well,
CHRIS

Chris Yates said:Simon,
Thanks the advice and will check that out when I get time out from the busy day today.

Be Well,

CHRIS

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:Hi Chris, I have run some further tests after discussing and can confirm that this function is working.

Simon
K2 Support
  • Chris Yates
17 May 2010 13:08

Simon,

Thanks the advice and will check that out when I get time out from the busy day today.

Be Well,

CHRIS

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:Hi Chris,
I have run some further tests after discussing and can confirm that this function is working.

Simon
K2 Support
  • Simon Wells
17 May 2010 12:53
Replied by Simon Wells on topic CURRENT SVN - GOOGLE SEARCH

Hi Chris,

I have run some further tests after discussing and can confirm that this function is working.

Simon
K2 Support
  • Ramesh Elamathi
29 Apr 2010 19:20
Replied by Ramesh Elamathi on topic K2Store - A Simple Shopping cart extension for K2

K2Store - A Simple Shopping cart extension for K2

Hi

Just saw the site. I think u r using the older version of the plugin.

Pl download the latest from and install it.

This time, it does not depend on the extra fields anymore. while creating the item, under the content tab, you can enter the price. If u leave it blank, it will not show.

try to install the latest version. It will fix bugs... or if you could wait for one or two days, i will be releasing updated version, which has more features and a lot of bug fixes.

Thanks

Thambi Yousuf said:hi ramesh
pls check this, and request a helping hand

k2 store plugin is working fine, but the currency $ not showing, even though i configured $ as well as SGD in currency code in plug in at the admin console

check the screen shot pls

www.samratbazaar.com.sg

scroll to the bottom of homepage and select category opt ion in the left margin
tks
thambi
singapore
  • Simon Wells
27 Apr 2010 10:53
Replied by Simon Wells on topic SIG Pro Problem

SIG Pro Problem

Try clearing your site cache from the admin area, then clear browser cache.

If that does not work, then we need to start looking at js conflicts which could be preventing it from working.
Which browser are you using?
Which version of SIG Pro?
Which K2 Version?
Try a mootools type.

Check your page source and se what other js is being loaded.

A little something to start off, let us know how you get on.

Simon
K2 Support
  • Simon Wells
22 Apr 2010 12:07

Tab are not working after uploading the images in items

Hi Tarun,

OK, just tested.
This Page was created by the frontside editor.
A zip of images was uploaded and the item saved.
Navigation to the page showed the image gallery, so upload and SIG Pro is working.

Then logged in to back end and checked the k2 Item Editor.
Screenshot:

This was done with J! 15.15, K2 v2.3svn, SIG Pro v2.0.5 (SlimBox2 jQuery)

Next, I did the same thing but in K2 V2.2
This Page was created using the fronts side editor, exactly the same way as above.
Then checked the backend editor.

For me, this is working on 2.2 and 2.3svn.
Can you please confirm J! version, K2 version, SIG Pro version please.
Is this a clean install or you have any new extensions that use js that might be conflicting
Which SIG Pro gallery type are you using?

Thanks.

Simon
K2 Support
Screenshot:
  • Sarah cnr
13 Apr 2010 21:03
Extra fields was created by Sarah cnr

Extra fields

Hello,please anyone be so kind to help me... i have a really bad day because of this error message:/Im using joomla 1.5.15 and k2 v2.2after i add any extra field to any category i receive such a message (see attached)..please, any suggestions?p.s. im using rockettheme affinity template (everything else works fine).please please please...DB function failed with error number 1064You have
an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your
MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND published=1
AND trash=0 AND access<=1' at line 1 SQL=SELECT * FROM
jos_k2_categories WHERE id= AND published=1 AND trash=0 AND access<=1

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/a3930998/public_html/components/com_k2/sef_ext/com_k2.php on line 98this one allso don't workhttp://www.joomvision.com/Blog/How-to-solve-the-K2-Database-error-DB-function-failed-with-error-number-1064.htmlim getting a new "warning on line"
  • Sarah cnr
09 Apr 2010 14:53
1064 was created by Sarah cnr

Hello,im using k2v2 joomla 1.5.15 and i have some problems with extra fields...when i try to assign any of them to some category i get an error:DB function failed with error number 1064You have
an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your
MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND published=1
AND trash=0 AND access<=1' at line 1 SQL=SELECT * FROM
jos_k2_categories WHERE id= AND published=1 AND trash=0 AND access<=1
PHP Error Message

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/a3930998/public_html/components/com_k2/sef_ext/com_k2.php
on line 98
but anyway extra fields adds sucessfully. Where could be the problem?this one doesn't work:http://www.joomvision.com/Blog/How-to-solve-the-K2-Database-error-DB-function-failed-with-error-number-1064.htmlplz help someone... maybe there are some additional settings i need to change in extra fields?
  • GreenDome
01 Apr 2010 17:31
Replied by GreenDome on topic K2 v2.3

K2 v2.3

Thanks Simon, That's excellent! - ill love to see the backend. Do i need to send you anything?

K2Joom said:Patience Grasshopper ;)
1.5 is stable, so best to stick with that.
1.6 Alpha 2 is out now, use only on non-live sites and keep away from 1.5 versions, do not consider upgrading.
Many new features but a lot is not currently working just yet.

Certainly can see how K2 will fit in very nice with 1.6 though.

If you want to check out the backend, let me know, I will hook you up with access.
  • Simon Wells
01 Apr 2010 17:25
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 v2.3

K2 v2.3

Patience Grasshopper ;)

1.5 is stable, so best to stick with that.
1.6 Alpha 2 is out now, use only on non-live sites and keep away from 1.5 versions, do not consider upgrading.
Many new features but a lot is not currently working just yet.

Certainly can see how K2 will fit in very nice with 1.6 though.

If you want to check out the backend, let me know, I will hook you up with access.
  • Simon Wells
28 Mar 2010 21:54
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Adding more images to gallery - how?

Adding more images to gallery - how?

Hi Shukla,

Please remember, in SIG Pro, we dont need to manually add {gallery}image folder{/gallery}, it does this for us, one feature of of Pro version. You only need to do this in the Free version.

Jeanette, check the jw_sigpro.php in the plugins directory of the server.
Although I have not tried this, it does contain the setup for the link to media/k2/galleries.
Make a backup of the file and then try pointing it to the images folder if you wish.

Piperchick is correct, and I forgot, you can just load new images into the gallery as she says, so no need to enter the item to edit, just replace the image files. Also, if you are using captions, then you can replace the captions file too.

Give me a shout on MSN and we can walk through this to try and change the link to the gallery image store.

Simon

d.k.shukla said:Hi you are right but you will require to upload zip file having gallery images. Then you don't need to add {gallery} {/gallery} in your item html code.
If you want to add images in your gallery without re uploading zip file again then you will require to add {gallery}name of gallery folder{/gallery} in your html code.

piperchick said:Actually, it does work on mine without the {gallery} {/gallery} if you are using the K2 image gallery tab. Just upload the images into the directory media/k2/galleries/[your article ID number here] d.k.shukla said:Hi It will not work until you insert following in your item html code. {gallery}gallery image folder{/gallery} D.K.Shukla
piperchick said:You can go into the following directory and simply upload images. SIG will find them without having to re-upload the zip file: media/k2/galleries/[your gallery number here] The number of your gallery is the ID number of your article.
I hope this helps.
  • Simon Wells
23 Mar 2010 14:58
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Frontend editor showing white screen

Frontend editor showing white screen

Anika,

I notice you say "a white screen comes up, and sometimes a plain text version of the intro text from the page underneath comes" does this vary between user?
Can you check which editor is set per user, in case they are set to different editors.
In fact, which editor are you using as default?

Wait for your reply.

Simon,

K2Joom.com
  • d.k.shukla
16 Mar 2010 15:11
Replied by d.k.shukla on topic I stop using K2 because....

I stop using K2 because....

Hi Mike
Please refer other thread to get information. Please herewith find a old version (K2 ver 2.1) of search plug in file.
Please replace this file in your plugins/plg_k2_search directory and remove current k2.php file.
Please do the plug in settings as usual.
To enable google search please enable it in k2 global parameter settings. I will hope it will work for you.

Mike Johnson said:I like that site, fermaxindia.com. Looks good. I'm using K2 v2.2. How would I get that integrated google search working. Right now, I'll take whatever search that I can get to work and is most functional. A couple of the replies mention using different file versions. I'm not familiar w/ how that is done. Could someone explain?

d.k.shukla said:Hi K2 Ver 2.2 search plug in is not working in full text search but using ver 2.1 file with ver 2.2 is working fine without any problem. In ver 2.2 there is google search integration built in, If you want to check working website with k2 search , please visit fermaxindia.com and disvu.net
I will hope that developer will find better search solution in next release.
With best wishes
D.K.Shukla

kiril Hristov Yovev said:I think that the k2 developers should improve the search plugin.
Displaying 221 - 240 out of 270 results.