Keyword

Interaction with 3rd party components, modules and plugins

• Oceanwatcher
  • Oceanwatcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 10 months ago #68083 by Oceanwatcher
Already downloaded and updated RokStories. Testing it out on

www.datahverdag.com/joomla/ (developing site - you might get errors and strange things happening :-) )

Everything seems to be working totally smooth!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #68084 by Théo
Well, you still can install the zakauthor plugin that links the name to the community builder profile (works in K2).
Yet, you won't be able to see members' blogs anylonger cause this name links to their blog.

If you do it manually, you can both keep the member's blogs and link each K2 profile to CB profile:
- use the K2 profile url field and fill it with the CB profile link for each user in backend
- use your CB profile description and paste it in your K2 profile description for each member in backend
- delete the link in the K2 login module so that the users can't edit their profiles in frontend

...or you can hack the code...

...or you can wait for K2 next versions to come ;-)

More
14 years 7 months ago #68085 by John Comeskey
As I understand it, the zakauthor plugin stopped working in Joomla 1.5.13.

Théo said:Well, you still can install the zakauthor plugin that links the name to the community builder profile (works in K2).

More
14 years 7 months ago #68086 by John Farouk
Still nothing about language, is there a solution other than joomfish i can't use that component :( please help

More
14 years 7 months ago #68087 by Chris Yates
Hi Guys,

Noticed the comment hereabouts regarding third party extensions so some comment to add and hopefully help you out since am just in the midst today of converting my site to K2.

1) The vast majority of ROK modules (latest versions only) including ROKStories function with K2 and have the option in module settings to choose between Joomla Core Content and K2 Content.

2) K2 Content module can be set to provide multiple module capability (Latest News, Popular etc etc) through the module settings.

3) K2 Tools can be used to add a range of other functionality.

The issue for many is lack of documentation and my strong advice is to set up on a local server first and spend some time playing around with the software to learn it.

That's precisely what I have done and discovered that I can actually dispense with 85% of the third party modules I needed previously.

As I said earlier in this post, I'm in the midst of converting my entire site today, so I'd best press on.

Just wanted to add this to the discussion here since there's an apparent lack of understanding.

Be Well,

CHRIS

• Oceanwatcher
  • Oceanwatcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 6 months ago #68088 by Oceanwatcher
Sara Amir said:Still nothing about language, is there a solution other than joomfish i can't use that component :( please help

Sara,

Sorry that it took so long to come back to this topic! The most interesting thing regarding multiple languages is a component for Joomla that is not yet released. Do a search for Nooku Framework and you should find some interesting things. There is a video on Vimeo that shows a little bit about it.

I am hoping they will release it as soon as possible, because this is exactly what I need. Also, I hope they get in touch with Joomlaworks so it will work with K2 from the beginning.

More
14 years 6 months ago #68089 by Ole Vagnkjær
Yes I look forward to be able to integrate CB with K2 and until then, how do I disable the login/logout bottom in the K2 module ?
Regarding language. I have made an Danish translating not included what I don't want to see =blank.

Paul Dupuis said:I second a vote for K2 Cb integration!Allan Kilic said:I think an integration with Community Builder would be great.

More
14 years 6 months ago #68090 by alivebyscience
Chris Yates said:3) K2 Tools can be used to add a range of other functionality.

The issue for many is lack of documentation

what I have discovered is that I can actually dispense with 85% of the third party modules I needed previously

Chris, I'm not up on all the resources available on this K2 community site. I like what you're saying:
- k2 tools can do stuff
- lack of documentation
- you said you can dispense with 85% of other extensions

So provide us some examples with specifics... K2 can function as a directory. OK. Show us how. Or show us what you have made K2 do. If you would. :)

Jim

More
14 years 5 months ago #68091 by Matthieu Brunet
Does the fact the plugin is located in the /plugin/content directory mean it's restricted to com_content ?
I would like to use Mavik Thumbnail, or any other automatic thumbnail/popup generator for image.
Looking in the Mavik Thumbnail code, I can't see anything which would restrict to com content.
The class extends JPlugin, and in the class, there is the function :
function onBeforeDisplayContent( &$article, &$params, $limitstart ){
$this->article =& $article;
$this->articleParams =& $params;
$this->decorator->addHeader();
$regex = '##';
$article->text = preg_replace_callback($regex, array($this, "imageReplacer"), $article->text);
return '';
}
but, it doesn't in k2. Any idea ?
JoomlaWorks said:This means that the plugin is probably not published or that the plugin's code is restricted to com_content only.