Keyword

Subcategory Ordering

• gianpiero sfameni
  • gianpiero sfameni's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #72940 by gianpiero sfameni
Subcategory Ordering was created by gianpiero sfameni
Hi All, many thanks for this great component.

I don't know if this is a bug or my mystake, i cannot order items in a subcategory (without child category). Whatever options i chose for ordering items are displayed with the same order.

Everything work fine adding an empty category under the subcategory.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #72941 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Subcategory Ordering
Hi. If you choose to show featured items then the ordering defaults to "featured ordering".

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• gianpiero sfameni
More
14 years 7 months ago #72942 by gianpiero sfameni
Replied by gianpiero sfameni on topic Subcategory Ordering
thanks for your reply. no items marked as featured, featured option set to hide and the problem persists. My list show always items ordered by most hits.
Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. If you choose to show featured items then the ordering defaults to "featured ordering".

More
14 years 7 months ago #72943 by Lefteris
Hi. Try to clean the Joomla! cache and delete and recreate the menu item.

Gianpiero said:thanks for your reply. no items marked as featured, featured option set to hide and the problem persists. My list show always items ordered by most hits. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. If you choose to show featured items then the ordering defaults to "featured ordering".

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 7 months ago #72944 by Justin Gonzalez
Replied by Justin Gonzalez on topic Subcategory Ordering
Hi there!

First off, I also thank you very much for this awesome component! I have run into this same bug - no item sorting control within a sub-category. I tried Lefteris Kavadas suggestion but to no avail have I been able to get this to work.

Now the only thing I haven't tried yet is actually clearing the Joomla! cache, deleting all of my items and then re-adding them. I am going to give that a try in the morning but if anyone has any other suggestions, or knows exactly what the problem is and how to fix it, that would be greatly appreciate!!

Much thanks again and keep up the awesome work!

j.

More
14 years 7 months ago #72945 by Lefteris
Hi. If you are viewing items from multiple categories ( through a menu item ) then you have to set the ordering on the menu item settings. If you are viewing items from one category then you have to set this on the category edit page.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• gianpiero sfameni
More
14 years 7 months ago #72946 by gianpiero sfameni
Replied by gianpiero sfameni on topic Subcategory Ordering
Thanks for your suggestions, I followed your instructions but unfortunately the bug is still on!
I'm accessing a single category from a menu pointing to a single category (Options for Ordering Etc.. are disabled!).

This is my actual configuration:

Category:
News
- Events

Menu:
News --> Point to News Category
- Event --> Point to Events Category

Going to Events, from menu or from the subcategory box (displayed in the upper of my page viewing News main category) items are displayed without ordering control.

The only work around i've found is to put an empty subcategory under those containing items.

In my case this work:

Category:
News
- Events
- Dummy Events

More
14 years 7 months ago #72947 by Justin Gonzalez
Hello again,

So I checked what you said about the sorting options directly under the menu item linking to this sub-category with the sorting problems. >>>

Projects (K2 » Item / Item)
- Blah (K2 » Item / Item)
- Blah 2 (K2 » Item / Item)
- Blah 3 (K2 » Item / Item)
- Blah 4 (K2 » Item / Item)
- Blah 5 (K2 » Itemlist / Category) ****** PROBLEM SUB-CATEGORY ******

Now, I go into the menu item - Blah 5 (K2 » Itemlist / Category) - and look at the sorting options but they are deactivated (grayed out), so I can't modify them. I do see an option there that I think will fix this issue but it does not allow me to modify it.

Parameters inside this menu option (Blah 5 (K2 » Itemlist / Category)) -

Parameters (Basic) >

Projects
- Web Design (Selected Catagory)

Layout options for multiple category selection
*** ALL OPTIONS ARE GRAYED OUT, CANNOT EDIT ***

One other thing - if I go to my K2 Items, I can re-order them (with green arrows and then save button) but it doesn't actually change the order of the items on the front-end display.

Ideas??

Gianpiero said:Thanks for your suggestions, I followed your instructions but unfortunately the bug is still on! I'm accessing a single category from a menu pointing to a single category (Options for Ordering Etc.. are disabled!).
This is my actual configuration:

Category:
News
- Events

Menu:

Going to Events, from menu or from the subcategory box (displayed in the upper of my page viewing News main category) items are displayed without ordering control.

The only work around i've found is to put an empty subcategory under those containing items.

In my case this work:

Category:
News
- Events
- Dummy Events

More
14 years 6 months ago #72948 by Lefteris
Hi. The parameters on the menu item page are grayed out because you have select only one category. In this case K2 reads the parameters from the category edit page. If you choose more than one category on the menu item then the parameters are available there.

J Gonz said:Hello again,
So I checked what you said about the sorting options directly under the menu item linking to this sub-category with the sorting problems. >>>

Now, I go into the menu item - Blah 5 (K2 » Itemlist / Category) - and look at the sorting options but they are deactivated (grayed out), so I can't modify them. I do see an option there that I think will fix this issue but it does not allow me to modify it.

Parameters (Basic) >

Projects

One other thing - if I go to my K2 Items, I can re-order them (with green arrows and then save button) but it doesn't actually change the order of the items on the front-end display.

Ideas??

Gianpiero said:Thanks for your suggestions, I followed your instructions but unfortunately the bug is still on! I'm accessing a single category from a menu pointing to a single category (Options for Ordering Etc.. are disabled!). This is my actual configuration:

Category:
News
- Events

Menu:

In my case this work:

Category:
News
- Events
- Dummy Events

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 6 months ago #72949 by Justin Gonzalez
Gotcha.

I checked out the parameters in the category, which has settings for item ordering, but even after playing with those settings nothing has changed.

Any other ideas?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. The parameters on the menu item page are grayed out because you have select only one category. In this case K2 reads the parameters from the category edit page. If you choose more than one category on the menu item then the parameters are available there.
J Gonz said:Hello again, So I checked what you said about the sorting options directly under the menu item linking to this sub-category with the sorting problems. >>>

Parameters (Basic) >

Projects

Ideas??

Gianpiero said:Thanks for your suggestions, I followed your instructions but unfortunately the bug is still on! I'm accessing a single category from a menu pointing to a single category (Options for Ordering Etc.. are disabled!). This is my actual configuration:
Category:
News
- Events

Menu:

In my case this work:

Category:
News
- Events
- Dummy Events