Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: How do I check K2 version)

• Jakc
12 Feb 2013 19:28
Replied by Jakc on topic How to add other data to Database

How to add other data to Database

Category: English K2 Community

Actually, it is not a problem. I just want to add 1 useful function.

Look, I'm working on a website for Joomla lessons and I would like to add Checkboxes which will be displayed in the artcile editor:
Joomla 1,5 ; Joomla 2,5 ; Joomla 3,0

When I check Joomla 1;5 (lesson for Joomla 1,5) this information have to be written to the database (value=0 if not checked, value=1 if checked)

Then in the K2 template I will connect to Database and get this information. If value=1 (Checked) there will be displayed icon of Joomla 1.5, if value=0 (default) nothing will be displayed.

So the reason is that my visitors will be able to see - For what version of Joomla the lesson is.

Ofcourse I can do it on Html for every lesson (just make pictures), but it is not easy, then there are 1000 lessons. That why i need to create these checkboxes inside the K2 Content editor, which will save these information in MYSQL.

Hope somebody will help me!
Thank you!
  • Ewoud Vreugdenhil
10 Feb 2013 08:54
Replied by Ewoud Vreugdenhil on topic Same item, different URL

Same item, different URL

I'm not sure what you exactly mean by creating a bug report here and go back to blog item. How can I create a bug report and where do I go back to 'blog item'.

I just upgraded to version 2.6.5. So the item.php is active again in websiteroot/components/com_k2/templates/default. So also the problem is back. You can check any item in my website, they now all have the wrong layout. I have used the Extreme template from themexpert. You can check demo.themexpert.com. On top select the Extreme templaten. Then just open the item Fast and Lightweight and you will see how the layout should look like in item view.

Please let me know if you need more or other info.
  • Peter Grube
07 Feb 2013 03:50
Replied by Peter Grube on topic How do I check K2 version?

How do I check K2 version?

In joomla admin go to Extensions - Extension Manager then click on then click the Manage Tab , find K2 in the list the version number is in the 5th column.
  • Jim McInyre
07 Feb 2013 03:26
How do I check K2 version? was created by Jim McInyre

How do I check K2 version?

How can I find out what version of K2 I have? I am considering the "User Extended Fields for K2" extension which requires ver 2.5.2. Also - when I click on the "DEMO" button for that extenstion it goes to "404 Item Not Found" page - I'm new to K2 would very much like to see the Demo.
  • william white
01 Feb 2013 17:46
Replied by william white on topic How to call different php file for k2 categories

How to call different php file for k2 categories

i want it to come in a different way.

Please be more specific in what you mean by come in.
If you are trying to have the display of a single k2 cateogry look different, consider using a k2 override, also called k2 template. Check the documentation links above for paths, and also the videos from ostraining, and you may find the answer your looking for. If not, please elaborate on what you mean by come in and also state the versions of k2 and joomla you are using
  • FlyingScot
11 Jan 2013 16:12 - 11 Jan 2013 17:17
Replied by FlyingScot on topic www.totalhealthmagazine.com

www.totalhealthmagazine.com

Made what I hope is a good SEO change. I wanted to change my item/article titles from H2 to H1. I checked with Google tech support and having a couple of H1 tags on the page is okay as long as they make sense. I am hoping the change will give my health articles a little more relevance. I'm using a Joomlart template (JA_Anion) Joomla v2.5.8 and K2 v2.5.7. I tried updating my K2 to 2.6.2 but it broke the Advanced Module Manager plugin/display which I really need so I am hoping they can fix that so I can upgrade to the latest version.

So here is how you do it:

Download the "your-template/html/com_k2/default/item.php" file and change the following bit of code. You can see the H2 tags. Just replace them with the H1 and upload...yer good to go.

<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemTitle')): ?>
<!-- Item title -->
<h2 class="itemTitle">
<?php if(isset($this->item->editLink)): ?>
<!-- Item edit link -->
<span class="itemEditLink">
<a class="modal" rel="{handler:'iframe',size:{x:990,y:550}}" href="<?php echo $this->item->editLink; ?>">
<?php echo JText::_('K2_EDIT_ITEM'); ?>
</a>
</span>
<?php endif; ?>

<?php echo $this->item->title; ?>

<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemFeaturedNotice') && $this->item->featured): ?>
<!-- Featured flag -->
<span>
<sup>
<?php echo JText::_('K2_FEATURED'); ?>
</sup>
</span>
<?php endif; ?>

</h2>

and don't forget to make regular Akeeba backups...I spent several hours trying to figure out how to do this, changing many files both css and php and just as I figured it out I broke my site. Luckily I had made a backup last week and was able to restore the site and only had to add a few articles that had been added since the backup.
  • Michael
26 Dec 2012 17:21 - 26 Dec 2012 17:23

K2 image; blank page error - solutions not working

Hi guys, I am well aware that there are thousands of posts like this but believe me...I have browsed through a thousand of them, tried their advices and still have no idea how to solve my problem:

In K2 Item page, I can create new items and everything works jsut fine. Problem starts when I try to add an image in the K2/Item/Image tab. Uploading directly and saving brings me to a blank page. If I upload the image previously in the K2/Item/Media tab (which works without problems) and then select and save it in the image tab, I will still be directed to a blank page without the image working in the item.

Like I mentioned I tried most of the solutions provided in other forums:

1) Changed all permissions on the K2 media / cache folders to 777

2) Changed the K2 component upload.php to MIME test false:
BEFORE:

$this-&gt;mime_fileinfo = true; // MIME detection with Fileinfo PECL extension
$this-&gt;mime_file = true; // MIME detection with UNIX file() command
$this-&gt;mime_magic = true; // MIME detection with mime_magic (mime_content_type())

AFTER:

$this-&gt;mime_fileinfo = false; // MIME detection with Fileinfo PECL extension
$this-&gt;mime_file = false; // MIME detection with UNIX file() command
$this-&gt;mime_magic = false; // MIME detection with mime_magic (mime_content_type())

3) Deactivated potential problematic plugins/extensions

4) Checked image filesize. Upload limit is set to 2MB by my provider, but the image is actually just 800kb

5) Tried a clean reinstall of K2 without success

And I don't really know what else I should try. I am about to contact my provider but to be honest I have no idea what I could ask him to do for me. Any advices on what I am missing or what i should do?

Best wishes, Michael

PS: Sorry, I forgot. I am using the newest versions of both K2 (2.6.2) as well as Joomla (2.5.8)
  • Peter Grube
19 Dec 2012 12:04
Replied by Peter Grube on topic User choose K2 User Group during registration

User choose K2 User Group during registration

Hi Antonios,

The only way I could achieve this functionality was by using Community Builder to handle both the Registration & Profile but although the CB is free you need to purchase either their Conditionals plugin or alternately get the third party Community Builder Profile Pro which is able to create different profile types & Registration forms.

The only drawback is that although you can select different user types during registration, & K2 adds them to your list of users, it doesn't automatically add them to your K2 User Groups. So they cannot add items until you add them manually. Which in my case is ok, because I need to approve the users anyway.

While I am at it I thought I would ask for some feedback from the Admins here, this link mentions the same problem about syncing CB & K2 but it's over 2 yrs old, I am hoping I am missing something.

One last thing in the CB Forum has suggested work around for this but my PHP skills are limited & I am getting the dreaded white screen of death.

It says around line 957 begins the function "function saveRegistration( $option )", at the end of this function, before the "}" sign insert this code (it must be a part of the function) ...
Could someone point out where exactly is the end of this function.

• Alberto Castillo
19 Nov 2012 12:30
Download portal with K2 was created by Alberto Castillo

Download portal with K2

Hello

I am trying to make a download portal with Joomla and K2. However I have a few doubts about how to do it.

I already set up an item that contains the application info and then a group of extra fields that contain certain info about the application like it's operative system, version, type of license, and the download and buy now links.

I am unsure on how to do this part. Is there a way for K2 to count how many times the download link has been clicked and display it on one of the extra fields?

I have thought of making a download.php script that would check the item ID of the item being displayed, check against a database and retrieve the download link.

How do you think it would be the best way to do this?
Is it possible to retrieve the item ID and add it to the download now extra field and pass it to download.php?

Thanks.
  • paxcou
13 Nov 2012 14:32
Problem after update was created by paxcou

Problem after update

I have updated K2 to the latest version (2.6.1) and since every time i click on an article it shows error 403. I check the categories and the articles but the permission is Public so i don't understand what happen.

thanks for your help.
  • Lefteris
12 Nov 2012 13:55
Replied by Lefteris on topic K2 Slideshow

K2 Slideshow

Any of you facing issues, you first need to specify what's the issue. If you do not see the module or the items at all, then probably you need to update your slideshow to it's latest version to be compatible with K2 2.6.1. Otherwise you can go back to K2 2.5.7. If however the module is displayed but it just doesn't play, then you probably need to check your page for JavaScript errors. Changing jQuery handling settings at K2 parameters may help.
  • jo
12 Nov 2012 09:07
Replied by jo on topic Login to Read More

Login to Read More

Hi Greg

Hum, i;llcheck out the extension you used. However, couple of things;

1. I understand that this function is available when using Joomla as the core content management by selecting the "show unauthorised link" option. However, I like K2! I find it much more flexible for displaying and organising content.

2. I thought about the idea of having 2 items: 1 intro - opento all and 2. the full article with permissions set to "Registered". The probelm with this is that I am building a community site that allows members to submit articles and I don't want to confuse the issue for them by asking them to take the 2 steps, rather than just the one.

3. I came across another extension, but it required putting different tags around the open part and the registered part - again, I didn't want to confuse thecontributors by requiring additional steps.

4. I also came across a hack for changing some code in k2, but it was for an earlier version and the directories were labeled differently and i'm just not experienced enough to risk it! Having said that of course, I'll never get expereinced until I risk it!

I just thought this would be a basic feature for K2, haven't needed it on previous sites and didn't expect it to be a problem now that I do.

Looks like I may have to just roll my sleaves up and dive in with the hack.

Will check out the extension you mentioned, and post anything else I find. I am sure there must be plenty of other folk looking for the same functionality.

Thanks again

Jo
  • claude
03 Nov 2012 23:39

K2 & AllVideos message not allowed to view this..

Thank you William White for your reply!

Did check information tab on the k2 dashboard, It does report that allvideos is installed

"Third-party Extensions
Check Result

AllVideos (plugin) Installed
Simple Image Gallery Pro (plugin) Not Installed"

Attached three picture files of screen shots
k2 edit item in media tab (all seem right) Created and show video at bottom

Attachment not found

k2 module -Latest items from (one or more) users or categories (display result)

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

k2 Image gallery2
:( You are not allowed to view this record

SIte peopleism.org - check "test list"

Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.7 Stable [ Ember ] 13-September-2012 14:00 GMT
AllVideos (plugin)(Last update: February 8th, 2012 - Version 4.4)

thank you what a great product K2 is
claude
  • claude
03 Nov 2012 23:05
Replied by claude on topic AllVideos(plugin) bug with K2

AllVideos(plugin) bug with K2

Thank you William White for your reply!

Did check information tab on the k2 dashboard, It does report that allvideos is installed

"Third-party Extensions
Check Result

AllVideos (plugin) Installed
Simple Image Gallery Pro (plugin) Not Installed"

Attached three picture files of screen shots
k2 edit item in media tab (all seem right) Created and show video at bottom

Attachment not found

k2 module -Latest items from (one or more) users or categories (display result)

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

k2 Image gallery2
:( You are not allowed to view this record

SIte peopleism.org - check "test list"

Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.7 Stable [ Ember ] 13-September-2012 14:00 GMT
AllVideos (plugin)(Last update: February 8th, 2012 - Version 4.4)

thank you what a great product K2 is
claude
  • Margaret
14 Oct 2012 10:05
Contents doesn't show up was created by Margaret

Contents doesn't show up

I installed K2 and set up some contents on localhost to learn how to work on it and it worked fine. The only issue was the tag cloud.

So, I decided to do the same job online and it didn't show the contents. The module tools were ok but not the contents.

Because I installed the latest version online and previous version (k2_v2.6.0 ) in the localhost I thought it could be an issue. I uninstalled everything and installed the same version as localhost but nothing change.

I have worked many hours and didn't find any mistake, any reason for the missing contents.

I checked all parameters to the localhost website and everything is ok. The website are identical. The only difference on both is the users, nothing else.

What could be the reason? and what can I do?

Thanks
  • Stewart Kingsley
13 Oct 2012 17:23
Replied by Stewart Kingsley on topic Sub-templating issue

Sub-templating issue

Actually the code does not work the way you describe, the template overrides should NOT be in a Templates subfolder.... each template should be a subfolder of YourSiteRoot/Templates/YourTemplateName/html/com_k2. The code will retrieve the component templates and also the template sub-templates and put them into the same list, however it is his list that is not functioning correctly, Although the sub-templating works correctly now that I can set the theme name in the admin screen.

With the latest version of Joomla and K2, can you confirm that you are able to set the theme name in any of the K2 categories, menus etc?

If you can then I will check if there is a conflict with another component that is causing the problem.
  • Francisco Caivano
03 Oct 2012 03:28
Replied by Francisco Caivano on topic Adding editor to TextArea field on plugin?

Adding editor to TextArea field on plugin?

Let's say i change all "JElements" class to "JFormFields", that should somehow work?

Shouldn't it detect im using Joomla 2.5, and use JFormFields instead of JElements automatically?

- - - -

Checking:
docs.joomla.org/Creating_a_custom_form_field_type

I can use this:
jimport('joomla.form.helper');
JFormHelper::loadFieldClass('editor');

To load the "editor" form type, right?

But i don't know where....

- -- -

Shouldn't K2 load by default this form fields from Joomla 2.5, instead of 1.5 if im in that version?

I see the:
if(K2_JVERSION=='16'){
jimport('joomla.form.formfield');
class JFormFieldItem extends JFormField {

Help on this is very appreciated.
  • bob
06 Sep 2012 16:38
Replied by bob on topic Problem Upload Image

Problem Upload Image

I've actually just checked the info page of k2 and it does not show any warning.

Could it be cause i'm running it on php 5.44?
here is my dev server spec. It's on my laptop running MAMP:

Web Server Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.22 OpenSSL/0.9.8r DAV/2 PHP/5.4.4
PHP version 5.4.4
MySQL version 5.5.25
GD image library bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
Multibyte string support Enabled
Upload limit 32M
Memory limit 32M
Open remote files (allow url fopen) Yes

All the directory are writable, and all plugins are installed and enabled.
  • dreamm
24 Aug 2012 04:17 - 24 Aug 2012 04:20
Studio-obscura.ca with K2 was created by dreamm

Studio-obscura.ca with K2

• URL: www.studio-obscura.ca
  • K2 Version: 1.x
  • Joomla! Version: 1.7
  • Notes: Built with K2, JSN ImageShow, JSN Tendo

Attachment not found

Obscura is a studio, includes nice portfolio, which has been built with K2 and JSN Tendo. Check out the nice showcase: www.studio-obscura.ca. One more great example to show how JSN Tendo work well with k2 component.

Check out JSN Tendo Demo
  • Jacqueline Kirkpatrick-Keller
15 Aug 2012 14:06
Removing Social Sharing icons was created by Jacqueline Kirkpatrick-Keller

Removing Social Sharing icons

Hi, I need to hide the Social Sharing icons (Google Buzz, Facebook, Digg, Delicious, etc.) that show up on my items because I don't need them at this time. In the various parameters, I cannot find where to hide them! I check in all of the category and item parameters, and there are various social icon controls, but none of these turn off the row of Social sharing icons I'm talking about.

Will installing this template override help me? I am running K2 version 2.5.7. Should I install the latest template override (getk2.org/assets/files/K2_v2.5.1_override_package.zip)?

Please let me know.
Displaying 121 - 140 out of 270 results.