Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: How do I check K2 version)

• lee Wilson
23 Sep 2010 18:52
Replied by lee Wilson on topic Columns in IE vs FF

Columns in IE vs FF

Category: English K2 Community

Tow easy solutions

1) use yootheme zoo

or dependant upon your requirements

2) I can highly recommend jreviews

I use both.... no problems. The creator of jreviews is also extremenly good on support.

Goodluck

:-)

krmr trzv said:so, no solution for the miscalculated display of the 2 columns in k2!?
meanwhile I just checked the demo site of k2: it has the same problem in IE6 - the 2 columns are rendered as 1, leaving the 2nd column under the first, which looks weird for sure...

any suggestions in the direction Bill Garrett made?

krmr trzv said:Hi there! I have been fighting this issue with no luck. I did what was suggested as a change in the code of category.php Unfortunately, while it works for IE all versions, it does not work for FF, Safari... seems this change of code breaks the first % string somehow.

Any suggestions how to handle this?
10x in advance

Bill Garrett said:Hi Everyone, Well here is the answer;
This is an IE6 and IE7 issue.

In the components/com_k2/templates/default/category.php (be aware that some templates particularly those from rocketthemes may over-ride this file, if they do apply this fix in the template file not the com_k2 file) there are a number of lines that look like this:

params->get('num_leading_columns'), 1); ?>%;"> This produces a link rather like this in the rendered html: This statement divides the available space by the number of columns required by K2. IE6 and IE7 both have a problem with this and essentially miss the width specification in the html and resort to a single column. If you change the lines in category.php to read like this:

params->get('num_leading_columns'), 1); ?>%:#width:%:_width:%;"> You get a line in the rendered html that reads:
FF. IE8 etc will read the first width definition, IE7 will read the second and IE6 will read the third. This solves the problem for me.
Bill
  • krmr
23 Sep 2010 18:46
Replied by krmr on topic Columns in IE vs FF

Columns in IE vs FF

so, no solution for the miscalculated display of the 2 columns in k2!?

meanwhile I just checked the demo site of k2: it has the same problem in IE6 - the 2 columns are rendered as 1, leaving the 2nd column under the first, which looks weird for sure...

any suggestions in the direction Bill Garrett made?

krmr trzv said:Hi there! I have been fighting this issue with no luck. I did what was suggested as a change in the code of category.php
Unfortunately, while it works for IE all versions, it does not work for FF, Safari... seems this change of code breaks the first % string somehow.

Any suggestions how to handle this?
10x in advance

Bill Garrett said:Hi Everyone, Well here is the answer;

This is an IE6 and IE7 issue.

In the components/com_k2/templates/default/category.php (be aware that some templates particularly those from rocketthemes may over-ride this file, if they do apply this fix in the template file not the com_k2 file) there are a number of lines that look like this:

params->get('num_leading_columns'), 1); ?>%;"> This produces a link rather like this in the rendered html:
This statement divides the available space by the number of columns required by K2. IE6 and IE7 both have a problem with this and essentially miss the width specification in the html and resort to a single column.
If you change the lines in category.php to read like this:

params->get('num_leading_columns'), 1); ?>%:#width:%:_width:%;"> You get a line in the rendered html that reads:

FF. IE8 etc will read the first width definition, IE7 will read the second and IE6 will read the third. This solves the problem for me.

Bill
  • Esben Gudbrandsen
14 Sep 2010 12:29
Replied by Esben Gudbrandsen on topic Latest items view: content restricted to one column

Latest items view: content restricted to one column

I cant belive that this problem still exists as this thread started in january.

My website look like shit with only one column, so can u please provide us with a fix ASAP?

Does the creator of this component realize that this bug is extremly frustrating?

Eclat said:Hi I am using version 2.3. I don't believe I am overriding the default K2 template view as there is no option to do so in the parameters and I have not changed any of the core files.
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Which version of K2 are you using? Please upgrade to the latest stable version of K2. Also make sure that you are not overriding the bundled K2 template file for this view. If so check your code. Eclat said:HI I am having the exact same problem and this is proving to be most frustrating. All of the latest items display vertically in one column and I looked at latest.php and there does not seem to be any setting to take the width/column from the parameters set for the menu item. I am not good enough in php to hack the code, any help would be really appreciated please! Mauricio González said:WORKAROUND!!! For the problem of the two categories published, but only one needed> Create a 2nd dummy category, and set its permissions to special and dont it.

In the menu item that points to the latest items, configure it to show the dummy category and the one that you DO want to show.

It should show only the items of the PUBLIC category. Only special users will see the title of the dummy category show up.

MY QUESTION IS,

The primary, secondary and links configuration makes no changes in the "latest items" view, only in category view.

Taking a look at the file in the template folder, the "latest.php" file is lacking the php code that tells it to identify the primary, secondary and links configuration.

HOW CAN THIS BE SOLVED?
Thank you in advance.
  • Eclat
13 Sep 2010 21:47

Hi I am using version 2.3. I don't believe I am overriding the default K2 template view as there is no option to do so in the parameters and I have not changed any of the core files.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Which version of K2 are you using? Please upgrade to the latest stable version of K2. Also make sure that you are not overriding the bundled K2 template file for this view. If so check your code.
Eclat said:HI I am having the exact same problem and this is proving to be most frustrating. All of the latest items display vertically in one column and I looked at latest.php and there does not seem to be any setting to take the width/column from the parameters set for the menu item. I am not good enough in php to hack the code, any help would be really appreciated please! Mauricio González said:WORKAROUND!!! For the problem of the two categories published, but only one needed>
Create a 2nd dummy category, and set its permissions to special and dont it.

In the menu item that points to the latest items, configure it to show the dummy category and the one that you DO want to show.

It should show only the items of the PUBLIC category. Only special users will see the title of the dummy category show up.

MY QUESTION IS,

The primary, secondary and links configuration makes no changes in the "latest items" view, only in category view.

Taking a look at the file in the template folder, the "latest.php" file is lacking the php code that tells it to identify the primary, secondary and links configuration.

HOW CAN THIS BE SOLVED?
Thank you in advance.
  • Lefteris
13 Sep 2010 17:37

Hi. Which version of K2 are you using? Please upgrade to the latest stable version of K2. Also make sure that you are not overriding the bundled K2 template file for this view. If so check your code.

Eclat said:HI I am having the exact same problem and this is proving to be most frustrating. All of the latest items display vertically in one column and I looked at latest.php and there does not seem to be any setting to take the width/column from the parameters set for the menu item. I am not good enough in php to hack the code, any help would be really appreciated please!
Mauricio González said:WORKAROUND!!! For the problem of the two categories published, but only one needed>

Create a 2nd dummy category, and set its permissions to special and dont it.

MY QUESTION IS,

HOW CAN THIS BE SOLVED?
Thank you in advance.
  • Albert Elvingsson
29 Aug 2010 13:27
Replied by Albert Elvingsson on topic K2 Multi Blogging: FREE version

K2 Multi Blogging: FREE version

You have seriosly problem whit the registration... I cant regester my email it says that it allready exist allso my username ...

And what about some documentation, maby some screenshoots. I have been browsing your site and find nothing maby im dumb ore you have a hard navi page :D..

The info on thes site is only seo rubbish not a good info about how to use ure plugin.
jooblogs.com/jooblogs/how-to-use-joomla-as-micro-multiblog-system.joo

Pleas anser how do i use ure plugin.
Maby some tips about setings.
An easy howto guide, from you the creator would be nice.

Regards
/Albert

JOOBLOGs.COM said:Hi JOO back :D
I have re-launched my website with new layout on new server .
For simply demo about JOOmultiblog you can go to our site , register and enjoy play with JOOmultiblog as a JOOusers :)
Beside that we also have installed our next plugin JOOk2streaming that allow update K2 save new / update existed item to JomSocial stream.
Check JOOcommunity to get a view :)
Thank you

PS: If you like our JOOmultiblog is make vote on JED
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/k2-exten...

Thank you
  • Antonio Laguna
26 Aug 2010 15:16
There is some errors in articles regarding K2 was created by Antonio Laguna

There is some errors in articles regarding K2

Hi there!I have some errors in articles that show SQL querys regarding K2 tables. I don't know what's the issue and it seems to work properly but how can I do to fix that or, at least, hide that?You can see this here: greensf.es/es/noticias-eventos/item/17-lanzamiento-de-tauro-printing-intelligence%C2%AE-la-tecnolog%C3%ADa-al-servicio-de-un-ahorro-eficiente-y-ecol%C3%B3gicoNo valid database connection You have an error in your SQL syntax.
Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the
right syntax to use near 'SELECT tagID FROM jos_k2_tags_xref WHERE
itemID=17)' at line 1 SQL=SELECT * FROM jos_k2_tags as tags WHERE
tags.published=1 AND tags.id IN (SELECT tagID FROM jos_k2_tags_xref
WHERE itemID=17)
  • Arush
14 Aug 2010 09:21
Replied by Arush on topic Urgent-K2 items showing error

Urgent-K2 items showing error

Arush said:Arush said:Hi Simon I tried doing the column settings and colums are set to one and this is problem with all the categories and each category has almost 10-20 items in them all are behaving same way. I am using K2 2.2 version . pls help me out
otherwise i will lose all my content as i dont have backup for everything and i really dont want to swith from k2 as it provides me ease and display is splending. I am sending you screen shot of category panel and item panel .pls see if you can help me out and atleast recover my content and instal a fresh copy of k2

Regards
Arush

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:Arush, Please go to your K2 dashboard. Click on Categories
Open/Edit the category that is being used when you see he error.
On the right hand sidebar in the editor, check you column and qty and try setting to 1.

If have columns set to 0, you could see this issue.
Also, do have any items to be displayed?
Which version of K2?

Simon
K2 Support
  • Arush
14 Aug 2010 09:18

Arush said:Hi Simon
I tried doing the column settings and colums are set to one and this is problem with all the categories and each category has almost 10-20 items in them all are behaving same way. I am using K2 2.2 version . pls help me out
otherwise i will lose all my content as i dont have backup for everything and i really dont want to swith from k2 as it provides me ease and display is splending. I am sending you screen shot of category panel and item panel .pls see if you can help me out and atleast recover my content and instal a fresh copy of k2

Regards
Arush

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:Arush, Please go to your K2 dashboard.
Click on Categories
On the right hand sidebar in the editor, check you column and qty and try setting to 1.

Which version of K2?

Simon
K2 Support
  • Arush
14 Aug 2010 09:11

Hi Simon
I tried doing the column settings and colums are set to one and this is problem with all the categories and each category has almost 10-20 items in them all are behaving same way. I am using K2 2.2 version . pls help me out
otherwise i will lose all my content as i dont have backup for everything and i really dont want to swith from k2 as it provides me ease and display is splending.

Regards
Arush

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:Arush,
Please go to your K2 dashboard.
Click on Categories

Which version of K2?

Simon
K2 Support
  • Simon Wells
14 Aug 2010 01:22
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Urgent-K2 items showing error

Arush,

Please go to your K2 dashboard.
Click on Categories

Which version of K2?

Simon
K2 Support
  • JOOBLOGs.COM
21 Jul 2010 19:06
JOOmultiblog : Another explain was created by JOOBLOGs.COM

JOOmultiblog : Another explain

If you are still confusing about this plugin. How do it make K2 as Multi Blogging system. Just read below text :)

jooblogs: wat can i help you ?
jooblogs: i think you have little confuse about our products
customer: yes I am
jooblogs: oki what are you purpose ?
customer: multiblog k2 jomsocial
jooblogs: so that's JOOmultiblog
customer: yes
customer: i downloaded 2.2
jooblogs: jooblogs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=33:joomultiblog-222-free-version
customer: I downloaded and installed
jooblogs: demo.jooblogs.com/
jooblogs: pls check this out
jooblogs: just register
customer: I did
jooblogs: than you can see you have your own space for posting
jooblogs: that's multi blog
jooblogs: is that you are looking ?
customer: yes I saw that
customer: question
customer: do I have to overwrite files for k2?
jooblogs: no
jooblogs: absolute no
jooblogs: if you wanna get some more info please just read this: jooblogs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=32:understand-joomultiblog-k2-integrate-jomsocial-solution&Itemid=16
customer: so you are saying I simply need to install the plugin?
jooblogs: it could be easy for understand
jooblogs: pls install and do some basic config
customer: I am missing the configuration parts obviously
jooblogs: oki pls check this link
jooblogs: jooblogs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=32:understand-joomultiblog-k2-integrate-jomsocial-solution&Itemid=16
jooblogs: than you can see backend params
jooblogs: i can expland each by each
jooblogs: are you still there ?
customer: May I send you a picture....if a user logs in...where does the option to blog appear?
jooblogs: ah ah understand your question
jooblogs: oki would you mind allow me 5min for expalnd ?
customer: sure
jooblogs: 1. K2 have categories / user group rite. With user group will allow setup permission to action on each category. And user who assigned into this user group will have that permission.
jooblogs: oki ?
jooblogs: just logic. yes. ok. 2. And by default K2 don't have multi blog feature. but with above feature we can do it
jooblogs: when user login, will create a category for him / her
jooblogs: and create user group for her / him
jooblogs: in user group we will setup permission for him / her to do on his / her category
jooblogs: so it's mean user have their own space for posting . we called it's multiblog
customer: understood
jooblogs: ok in plg
jooblogs: we need some init config
jooblogs: If you don't need use multiblog ( mb . i'll this for short type ) just turn off this option
customer: wait
customer: confused
customer: I need multi blog
jooblogs: may i know which confuse you ?
customer: so I do not know what you said that
jooblogs: im talking about how to config JOOmultiblog plugin at backend
jooblogs: in plugin edit page
jooblogs: jooblogs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=32:understand-joomultiblog-k2-integrate-jomsocial-solution&Itemid=16
jooblogs: check this item and screenshot
jooblogs: you can see backend option param, rite ?
jooblogs: for simply, you can download JOOmultiblog v2.2 as latest version at jooblogs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=33:joomultiblog-222-free-version&Itemid=16. And install it to check for live
customer: I did that
customer: one sec
You have received 1 file from customer.
send.png
Open (Alt+Shift+O)
customer: question
customer: parameter...update users in groupd
customer: groups
jooblogs: oki. i saw , just small question. are you sure master group ID = 1 is correct at your site ?
customer: can have several groups..or just one?
customer: I created a group in k2 called bands
customer: it is master group 1
jooblogs: ooki. please allow me again 5min for explan configuring ?
customer: sure
jooblogs: 1. Enable MB: If you dont need MB function and just want to sync data between K2 & JS . Just turn off this option.
jooblogs: for basic understand. K2 have: Avatar/ Gender / Description / URL for each user
customer: wait
jooblogs: this plg will sync this from JS to K2
customer: OIC
customer: but will that allow them to blog?
customer: and isnt that multiblogging?
jooblogs: please allow moment, im trying to expalnd step by step
customer: ok
customer: sorry
jooblogs: when you turn off this option
jooblogs: it will allow JOOmultiblog plugin only sync data K2-JS
jooblogs: without Multiblog feature
jooblogs: it's each user don't have their own cat / user group
jooblogs: just sync data of him / her from JS to K2
jooblogs: this way you dont need to hack K2 template / modules jooblogs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=24:how-to-overwrite-k2-template-integration-with-jomsocial&Itemid=16
jooblogs: to make integrate K2 - JS
jooblogs: ok. next. Because we are using JOOmb for mb funtion
jooblogs: so please enable it
jooblogs: Default User group: Just in case above option turn off
jooblogs: MB is not use. this will allow create new user into K2 user table with data sync with JS
jooblogs: If you dont need , just pass it.
jooblogs: OK most important step
jooblogs: Master Category
jooblogs: This category will use as parent Category. it's mean all user category will create under this category
jooblogs: Choose one
jooblogs: Master User Group. As prev , i said that
jooblogs: each user willhave his / her user group that have config for permission
jooblogs: this master user group is "master" user group that configured with all needed permission
jooblogs: so when plg create new user group for new user
jooblogs: it will clone this master user group
jooblogs: with all permission configured
jooblogs: so this new user will have permission
jooblogs: is it oki for these step . can i go ahead ?
jooblogs: format sub category / username is nothing special
jooblogs: when plg create new cat / user group
jooblogs: it need name
jooblogs: you can design how it nam
jooblogs: name
jooblogs: like JOOblogs_{usernam}
jooblogs: so when new cat create for user abc with username "abc"
jooblogs: it will make new cat name: JOOblogs_abc
jooblogs: same for user group
jooblogs: you can also preset description for all sub category ( when we say sub cat, it's mean cat ofeach user )
jooblogs: is it oki , can i go a head
jooblogs: pbulish new sub
jooblogs: when user have new their own cat
jooblogs: do it need auto published / this option for this
jooblogs: so in case you need moderate all new cat
jooblogs: just yes no
jooblogs: Update exsityed user in group
jooblogs: for example . your site have 1.000 user
jooblogs: and 300 user already assiged into user group 10
jooblogs: and another 100 users into user group 14
jooblogs: 10 and 14 is your user group but can't use as multiblog
jooblogs: because it do not assigned for each user
jooblogs: in this case if you want to update 300 + 100 these users into MB
jooblogs: just end 10,14 in this option
jooblogs: is it okay ?
jooblogs: User config . i think its easy for understand , rite
jooblogs: just option for sync
jooblogs: that's it
jooblogs: but pls note
jooblogs: as free version
jooblogs: you can't sync description
jooblogs: of each user and also for user link
jooblogs: for got
jooblogs: delete user cat / and group
jooblogs: this option will action when user have deleted
jooblogs: by any reason ( in joomla not by action direct into db )
jooblogs: it 'll help you clean up his/ her category / usergroup
jooblogs: so dont massup your cat / usergroup
jooblogs: that's all
jooblogs: user configs area , do it have any confuse you ?
customer: what should the value be
customer: for update users in group
jooblogs: as prev said. if you want to update all user already assigned into k2 user group
jooblogs: you will use this
jooblogs: if im not wrong
customer: awesome
jooblogs: k2 default have plg for this
jooblogs: and default assgin user into user grouo: Registered ( id = 1 )
jooblogs: but that's default
jooblogs: for live site depend on you
customer: by turn on and off multblog
jooblogs: by turn off MB
customer: you mean turn the plug in on and off
jooblogs: ah .. so nothing to do
jooblogs: no i mean turn of MB
jooblogs: is set NO in Enable multiblog option
customer: I do not see that option in the plugin interface
customer: one second
jooblogs: this option just added in version 2.2.2
jooblogs: pls make sure you have installed that version
customer: ahhhh
customer: I have 2.1
customer: installed
customer: a question
jooblogs: pls update
customer: so the users can multiblog
customer: where in the interafce would a user see that?
jooblogs: yes nice question
jooblogs: this is verrrry simply
jooblogs: K2 have module K2 Login rite ?
customer: smile
jooblogs: and when user logged
customer: I was just looking for it
jooblogs: it'll become control panel of user
jooblogs: if user have permission for posting
jooblogs: it'll have Add new item
jooblogs: ....that's it
jooblogs: so you can put K2 Login module any where you want and display for logged user only
customer: I need to download that module
customer: I thought I had it
jooblogs: dont need
jooblogs: that is default included whenyou install K2
jooblogs: if you have delete it in module management
jooblogs: dont need do anything
customer: no I have not
jooblogs: just click New
customer: its there
jooblogs: and you can see this module
customer: is there anyway to add to jomsocial menu?
jooblogs: in prev time with JOOk2items i have tried but faced little trouble.
customer: they have a mod...I will try it
customer: listen
customer: may I make a suggestion?
jooblogs: note: JOOk2items is another plg for JomSocial. it 'll allow display K2 Items in JomSocial User profile page.
jooblogs: yes for sure
  • Terese Heydenrych
21 Jul 2010 06:31
Replied by Terese Heydenrych on topic Someone please help....THIS IS FRUSTRATING....

Someone please help....THIS IS FRUSTRATING....

Hi William.
Plugin for sigpro - mootools yes and have also disabled it to test. no change
Jpegs used and zipped 100%. can unzip on local too.
Default directory ? would that be media/k2 - all set to 7777 - opened permissions.
Jce - have disabled. no affect (also noticed yesterday when I was looking at some video tut's that my jce doesnt have a file upload button i.e. on my jce i cant install an attachment. checked for latest and i have the latest.
My php is PHP version 5.2.6.

anything else? Thanks for your help . Terese

William White said:A quick look at the forum shows the following from different sources Use sigPro
In the plugin settings be sure to use motools
Use JPG's and make sure they are zipped correctly
If using the default directory make sure the directory gallery is on your server and permissions are open
some comfilcts with jce have been reported, try disabeling it to test
also, some reports of wrong php version - to low, i think 5.xxx is good
  • JOOBLOGs.COM
19 Jul 2010 18:23
Replied by JOOBLOGs.COM on topic K2 Multi Blogging: FREE version

If you still not yet understand how about JOOmultiblog ?
Check out demo.jooblogs.com and do yourself on live site.
Thank you
  • Sushant Buttan
17 Jul 2010 10:51
Replied by Sushant Buttan on topic Problems with assigning TAGS

Problems with assigning TAGS

I am a new user, but I saw this video of the Joomla Day - Germany where the product was being demonstrated. I fyou see the section where they discuss Tags, you can clearly see the List of Tags on the right side of the editor. This is the link or you can see it in the videos section on this site itself.
community.getk2.org/video/k2-presentation-and-more-at

Justin Herrin said:Hmmm, I'm not seeing any Tag list on the right hand side of my editor either. I'm looking in the backend when adding a new item. I checked some of my sites that run versions 2.2 and 2.3 and I don't see a Tag list. Using JCE editor if that matters.
Could you provide a screenshot and point out where it used to show for you?
  • JOOBLOGs.COM
16 Jul 2010 17:08
Replied by JOOBLOGs.COM on topic K2 & JomSocial full integration done :D

K2 & JomSocial full integration done :D

Just provide FIELD_CODE of JomSocial that containt user desc / gender / and link in backend
It will use it to sync to K2.
Note: v2.2.1 action as MultiBlog. Next version will have option for sync and multi blog seperate :)
(some way just dont need create cat )
Thank you

Sven Schnabel said:Ok...thank you. How do I sync the user profiles with JomSocial?
JOOBLOGs.COM said:Full integration with have some way: 1. Keep K2 but sync user profile with JomSocial. Everything else keep as it. This's as JOOmultiblog work. It not only about Multi Blog but also for Integration !
2. Template / Modules modify to make K2 link to JomSocial. This issue you can check this link for tut:
jooblogs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&l...

Thank you.

Sven Schnabel said:I am looking for the full integration of k2 and jomsocial...not multiblog. JOOBLOGs.COM said:JOOmultiblog is solution so K2 integrate JS with any hacking !. You can get free version at jooblogs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=31... This's PRO [FREE] version with all work as PRO just except linking to JOOblogs. Thank you

Sven Schnabel said:Does it mean you will not provide this plugin for free any longer?
  • Sven Schnabel
16 Jul 2010 16:17
Replied by Sven Schnabel on topic K2 & JomSocial full integration done :D

K2 & JomSocial full integration done :D

Ok...thank you. How do I sync the user profiles with JomSocial?

JOOBLOGs.COM said:Full integration with have some way: 1. Keep K2 but sync user profile with JomSocial. Everything else keep as it.
This's as JOOmultiblog work. It not only about Multi Blog but also for Integration !
2. Template / Modules modify to make K2 link to JomSocial. This issue you can check this link for tut:
jooblogs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&l...

Thank you.

Sven Schnabel said:I am looking for the full integration of k2 and jomsocial...not multiblog. JOOBLOGs.COM said:JOOmultiblog is solution so K2 integrate JS with any hacking !. You can get free version at jooblogs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=31... This's PRO [FREE] version with all work as PRO just except linking to JOOblogs.
Thank you

Sven Schnabel said:Does it mean you will not provide this plugin for free any longer?
  • JOOBLOGs.COM
14 Jul 2010 13:34
Replied by JOOBLOGs.COM on topic K2 Multi Blogging: FREE version

JOOmultiblog is new naming for this plugin since i ' m going focus to work for JOOblogs

JOOmultiblog version 2.1 was released with some extra features:

^: Allow select Master Category by list. So you don't need remember ID.
^: Allow update user already have User Group by provide which group you want for update
^: Allow turn on / off message for each process.
+ Allow clean up User Group / User Category when user was deleted
+ Logging system to file

To understand how do JOOmultiblog take Joomla / K2 become micro Multi Blog.
jooblogs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=29:how-to-use-joomla-as-micro-multiblog-system&Itemid=15

If you like it please check this out to get it
jooblogs.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=8&Itemid=14

News: JOOblogs.com also installed JomSocial 1.8.5 for Community.

Another thing: If you are Joomla developer and want to get high end shared hosting. Check this thing:
jooblogs.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=4&func=view&catid=2&id=9
  • Simon Wells
10 Jul 2010 22:15

How do I move the K2 "item tools" from side to bottom of article?

Hey Carolyn,

Most common reasons for missing images are either the wrong link, or the image folder has not been transferred from one Joomla template to another in the correct position, so it would be good to check those first.

You are seeing the GK have done a good job to provide information on the styling for their version of the K2 template, so you will not see that in your default k2 or from another provider.

The beauty of K2 is that it is a big bunch of blocks of code, so you can take elements from the "item tools" and move them where you want.

Further example of K2 templates, can also be seen on k2joom.com.

As William has said, get Firebug for FireFox, this will allow you to right click a part of your site, this will then show you the html code and the css rules used on the element. You can then make live changes to the html and css live and it will update just your view. It will help you identify which css file and part to modify.

Let us know how you get on.

Simon
K2 Support
  • Mats Arvendal
01 Jul 2010 09:57
A minor thing in version 2.3 was created by Mats Arvendal

A minor thing in version 2.3

Although installed the version info on K2 v2.3 still shows v2.2 in the K2 control panel and on other pages. A bit confusing if you have K2 on different websites where all are not updated. You have to go to install/components and check to be sure what version the website contains.

Likewise, the link tip on download link at getk2.org stills says the version date is jan 15. A bit confusing as well.

Just minor things.

Rgds
Displaying 201 - 220 out of 270 results.