Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

add google font family

• Nikos Papanikolaou
  • Nikos Papanikolaou's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #136680 by Nikos Papanikolaou
add google font family was created by Nikos Papanikolaou
i need to replace the roboto font family with open+sans but i haven't been able so far to spot where the roboto is inserted in ordr to replace it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #136681 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic add google font family
The location of the definition of font-family is in includes/helper.php in line 39 and 40. You can replace them there, but keep in mind that after a template upgrade your changes will be lost since the only files that the upgrade package won't overwrite are index.php and custom.css.

Then, after defining the new font-family, browse template.css and k2.css files, get the elements that have the Roboto font family defined and copy them to the custom.css file. Define only the font-family of these copied elements, i.e.
body {font-family:'Open sans', sans-serif;}

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Nikos Papanikolaou
More
10 years 9 months ago #136682 by Nikos Papanikolaou
Replied by Nikos Papanikolaou on topic add google font family
what about inserting the code into the custom.css

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #136683 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic add google font family
Hello Nikos,

You can do this, but in older browsers Roboto will still be loaded. If you have no concern for older IE you can use this method.
You have to make sure that every Roboto instance is overridden.

If on the other hand you still wish to actively support older IE's (support IE8 by default) you might need to alter helper.php a bit.
PS. All methods methods work fine but IE8- will load 100kb more if you use the @import method.

Finally I personally recommend using the rel="stylesheet" method of embedding Google fonts because you will eliminate the FOUC effect.
In the upgrade package index.php will not be included so you can safely use this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Nikos Papanikolaou
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #136684 by Nikos Papanikolaou
that's great, i ll embed the style rel code then in the index.php so there will be no worries..
regarding the responsiveness since it is something that i currently don't need, is there any bullet proof way to deactivate or just comment all the @media lines in templates css and remember to do so again in future upgrade? (i need 960fixed width)

i was used in tweeking the actual files but i guess you strongly suggest to do so on the custom.css to be on the safe side..

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #136685 by Krikor Boghossian
If you need to edit/remove/modify core parts of the template, roughly speaking you want your template to be a starting point, I would suggest editing directly template.css. You can safely adjust the upgrade package to your needs afterwards.

For this particular template (nuMuzik) which is completely responsive if you comment out the media lines the template will still be adaptive between the 1280px and 768 viewports. Personally I would advise you to keep this layout since it is more versatile but if you need to change it you need to override some CSS code.

If you wish it to have a fixed width you need to edit the grid itself

In your template.css (line 86) locate
.row, .absWrap { width: 100%; max-width: 1200px; min-width: 800px ..

and change it to
.row, .absWrap { width: 960px;

If you wish to add it to your custom.css just add
.row, .absWrap { width: 960px; max-width: 960px; min-width: 960px ..

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Nikos Papanikolaou
More
10 years 9 months ago #136686 by Nikos Papanikolaou
i had already done that, but i noticed, that it still would adjust to screen size, so i guess i had to comment all @media screen lines (at least for now, unless it is requested to be back as responsive)

• Nikos Papanikolaou
More
10 years 9 months ago #136687 by Nikos Papanikolaou
also i need an advise, on an isssue which have two aspects..

the first one is that i need the site to support two loanguages, and since (i m not mistaken joomfish isn't available on j2.5)

the second one is that i need the choice to be inserted on top position between seatch position and social media link position..am i supposed to add on index.php a new pposition at that part?

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #136688 by Krikor Boghossian
JoomFish is indeed not available.

In out templates we don;t hardcode any language strings so translating won't be an issue.
Since K2 is compatible with both Falang and Josetta you can see the features of each product and choose which is best for your content.

As for for module positions you can safely edit index.php.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Nikos Papanikolaou
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #136689 by Nikos Papanikolaou
goodmorning

after having commented all media queries i noticed that on mobile devices the site doesn't fit to screen as i would normally expect..
i found a suggestion over here stackoverflow.com/questions/14228389/website-not-shrinking-to-fit-mobile-devices about adding a meta tag.. is this the correct way to go ? or what exactly needs to be done in order to fit screen and zoom in?out?

edit: i just changed user-scalable from 0 to yes and it seem to do the trick, although on android thre is sth wrong with the menu display, while on ios it is fine..