Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

Site malfunction after Quickstart installation

• Tommy Pettersen
  • Tommy Pettersen's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #136735 by Tommy Pettersen
Site malfunction after Quickstart installation was created by Tommy Pettersen
Hi!
I have tried two installations with the quickstart but I get the same error. I am sure I have put all the right passwords etc. The front end displays without CSS, and the links don't work. Every link also comes up with the domain name repeated three times, when I manually remove the repetitions of the name, it just displays nothing.
Site name www.metatag.no

Regards
Tommy Pettersen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #136736 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Site malfunction after Quickstart installation
Hello Tommy,

From what I can see you entered www.metatag.no/ instead of metatag.no (with no trailing slash).
Without the http:// in front of your Live site URL Joomla! will look for a folder in your root path instead of a top level domain, that is why your files are not loading.

You can try with leaving the Live site URL blank (will work in most cases) or simply setting metatag.no as the URL.

Let me know if that did the trick.

Regards.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Tommy Pettersen
More
10 years 9 months ago #136737 by Tommy Pettersen
Replied by Tommy Pettersen on topic Site malfunction after Quickstart installation
Hello!
I entered www.metatag.no in configuration.php, that did the trick:-)

Cheers
Tommy

• Tommy Pettersen
More
10 years 9 months ago #136738 by Tommy Pettersen
Replied by Tommy Pettersen on topic Site malfunction after Quickstart installation
But now I can't log in to the backend with the user/passwords I created. I also tried to reset the password, but didn't work. Any idea?

Regards
Tommy

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #136739 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Site malfunction after Quickstart installation
There is an issue with your configuration, I tried with dummy user/pass and it keeps redirecting me to the index.

I suggest that you try a fresh install without adding anything to the Live site URL field.

UPDATE: I installed both J! 2.5 and 3.1.1 versions using the quickstart packages without a hassle. Both on a live server and localhost. If you are still having issues even after the fresh install you should contact your hosting provider for any possible server issues or misconfiguration.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Tommy Pettersen
More
10 years 9 months ago #136740 by Tommy Pettersen
Template works now, but is messed up front side when in offline mode.

Tommy

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #136741 by Krikor Boghossian
Hello, Tommy an updated will be posted very soon.
Possibly later this evening.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Tommy Pettersen
More
10 years 9 months ago #136742 by Tommy Pettersen
There is some strange behavior going on with the template. First of all, it appears to be in offline mode, but it is set to be online. Second, I have the technology template chosen as the Standard template, but the Construction shows.

Regards
Tommy

• Tommy Pettersen
More
10 years 9 months ago #136743 by Tommy Pettersen
Hello
I installed the update, but did not change anything.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 9 months ago #136744 by Krikor Boghossian

Second, I have the technology template chosen as the Standard template, but the Construction shows.

Have you also to change your default menu item. The current menu item now has assigned modules and the construction template assigned to it as well.

Go to your main menu and remove all the items that you do not need (for example all the items that belong to the construction and medical templates), then make the technology menu item the default one.

As for the update I posted that half an hour ago it is not yet "later this evening". I will notify you in this thread when the update is ready and uploaded.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---