Keyword

[Solved] Comments and Reactions count displaying twice

• angelsguitar
  • angelsguitar's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #52490 by angelsguitar
Hi.

Comments and reactions count are displaying twice on the home page of my sites (see attached images, or for a live example take a look at angelsguitar.com ).

Is there a way to fix this?
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 11 months ago #52491 by Webfor
I have seen this issue a couple times now. It happened once upgrading from Joomla 2.5.9 to 2.5.10 or 2.5.11 (forget if it happens on both or not).

Anyways, any help from the developer or community is greatly appreciated. If we troubleshoot it and figure it out we'll post the solution. Here is a site that is having this issue as well - www.nwspeechtherapy.com/blog/.

Thanks!
More
10 years 11 months ago #52492 by DaveOzric
Yes, I just noticed this after updating half a dozen sites. Argh. Had to restore all back to 2.5.9

I was having issues with Disqus and Val Addthis and had to arrange the plugins to get both to display. Updating to 2.5.10 or .11 also breaks the Val Addthis from displaying in my category blogs.

Help
More
10 years 11 months ago #52493 by GodDon
Same issue here. Need help.
More
10 years 11 months ago #52494 by alex3493
I have a solution. Attached the patched version of the content plugin file. Just replace jw_discus.php in plugins/content/ folder in the package.
This will work in Joomla 2.5.11 but should NOT in 1.6-1.7
Regards.
Attachments:
  • angelsguitar
  • angelsguitar's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 11 months ago #52495 by angelsguitar
Replied by angelsguitar on topic Re: Comments and Reactions count displaying twice

I have a solution. Attached the patched version of the content plugin file. Just replace jw_discus.php in plugins/content/ folder in the package.
Regards.

Thanks for the fix.  It worked perfectly.
More
10 years 10 months ago #52496 by isherwood
Thank you very much, alex3493. You saved me some time today.
More
10 years 10 months ago #52497 by hitech2012
Replied by hitech2012 on topic Re: Comments and Reactions count displaying twice

Regards.

Thank you very much it works 100% .
More
10 years 10 months ago #52498 by wsf_01
Thanks Alex - great job!
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #52499 by isherwood
Another thumbs-up for Alex. This bug was breaking Podcast Manager in teasers on another of my sites. The attached patch did the trick. Many thanks. I'm disappointed that JW hasn't picked it up with an update yet.