Keyword

Comment Recaptcha still breaking pages in IE in V2 final

More
14 years 8 months ago #70918 by Royce
Several posts were made here previously regarding the comment recaptcha option breaking pages in several versions of IE and the dev response was that this problem was fixed in V2 final.

Unfortunately the issue still remains but is even buggier than before!

Enabling the comment recaptcha option still causes IE to incorrectly load pages (or refuse to load completely) it now also causes the recaptcha device to disappear in Chrome and Firefox making it impossible for people to comment if enabled.

Unfortunately I cannot link to a working example of this problem as this severely breaks pages on my live site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70919 by Royce
anyone else noticed this issue or am I alone?

More
14 years 8 months ago #70920 by Mike C
For me, the pages appears correctly, just that the captcha is missing from it, typical IE......

More
14 years 8 months ago #70921 by Lefteris
Hi. In order to use reCaptcha you have to get api keys from recaptcha.net/. If you have not api keys set reCaptcha to off. I hope this helps.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #70922 by Mike C
I already have the api keys, and it works fine in Firefox. I was testing in IE and noticed that the recaptcha does not show. It's an IE issue, not a recaptcha api key issue. I should have been more clear. It works for you in IE?

More
14 years 8 months ago #70923 by Lefteris
Yes it should work on explorer ( version 6 or newer ). I just tested it again and works fine on explorer 6 and 8. Are you using the latest version of K2? Please make sure you don't get any JavaScript errors from other scripts.

Mike C said:I already have the api keys, and it works fine in Firefox. I was testing in IE and noticed that the recaptcha does not show. It's an IE issue, not a recaptcha api key issue. I should have been more clear. It works for you in IE?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 8 months ago #70924 by Mike C
I'm using the latest K2.. That' weird, I was about to give you the link to my site and now the recaptcha is showing up in IE. I guess it's ok; not sure what was happening yesterday though.

More
14 years 8 months ago #70925 by Royce
This is still a problem and it doesn't seem anyone else is experiencing it for some reason... Going to debug my current template to see if a stray tag is maybe causing the issue. Just to clarify:

I am using K2 stable - problem has persisted since K2 prerelease
I have a valid user and private Recaptcha ID and both have been verified
In Mozilla/Chrome Recaptcha appears briefly while page loads then disappears from page when fully loaded.
In IE8 pages using comment Recaptcha stop loading at seemingly random points resulting in very messy/broken layouts

The issue has, if anything, got more involved since prerelease as the Mozilla/Chrome disappearing issue did not exist then, only the IE8 page breaking.

Will update after debugging

More
14 years 8 months ago #70926 by Lefteris
Hi. From what you posted i assume that there is a javascript error on your page. Please ensure that your page has no javascript errors ( produced from K2 or any other extension you are using ).

greg said:Captcha is showing in my template and look normal, but when you make a comment and click on "send your comment "; A new page load with this text Comment added! Refreshing page... and no more !!! That stop on this page! You never go on previous page, any idea?
When you go in admin part, comments are present and publish, as I configure K2 for comment!

I try on IE8!
Thanks for your help!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 8 months ago #70927 by CleanKids
ive had same error - with suckerfish menu
suckerfish gone - error gone ;-)