Keyword

Issue with attaching ZIP file

• Ivo Apostolov
  • Ivo Apostolov's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #72595 by Ivo Apostolov
Issue with attaching ZIP file was created by Ivo Apostolov
I have a very strange issue with the newest K2 2.1. If I am using the built in attachments feature and try to upload a ZIP file it is simply not uploaded. Tried with other file types and all seem to be fine.
Any issues, hints what could be the reason?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ivo Apostolov
More
14 years 7 months ago #72596 by Ivo Apostolov
Replied by Ivo Apostolov on topic Issue with attaching ZIP file
The problem is there is no error message or something to help me identify the source of the problem.

More
14 years 7 months ago #72597 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Issue with attaching ZIP file
Hi. Just looked at this and it seems that firefox 3 is detecting zip files as application/x-zip instead of application/x-zip-compressed. So application/x-zip will be added on the allowed mimes on the next release. For now you can try to use an other browser and your zip will be uploaded without any problem. Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Ivo Apostolov
More
14 years 7 months ago #72598 by Ivo Apostolov
Just to note that the problem appears also in Chrome.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Just looked at this and it seems that firefox 3 is detecting zip files as application/x-zip instead of application/x-zip-compressed. So application/x-zip will be added on the allowed mimes on the next release. For now you can try to use an other browser and your zip will be uploaded without any problem. Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

• Ivo Apostolov
More
14 years 7 months ago #72599 by Ivo Apostolov
The bug is browser independent tested it with IE as well, in which file are listed the mime types?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Just looked at this and it seems that firefox 3 is detecting zip files as application/x-zip instead of application/x-zip-compressed. So application/x-zip will be added on the allowed mimes on the next release. For now you can try to use an other browser and your zip will be uploaded without any problem. Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

More
14 years 7 months ago #72600 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Issue with attaching ZIP file
Hi again. Just tested on explorer 8 and it worked for me but i assume this has to do with the specific zip file headers. the mimes are on the administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php. It is the class.upload.php by Colin Verot that is bundled with K2. An other way is to modify the function that saves the attachments and add there the mime instead of adding it in class.upload.php.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Ivo Apostolov
More
14 years 7 months ago #72601 by Ivo Apostolov
Thanks!

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi again. Just tested on explorer 8 and it worked for me but i assume this has to do with the specific zip file headers. the mimes are on the administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php. It is the class.upload.php by Colin Verot that is bundled with K2. An other way is to modify the function that saves the attachments and add there the mime instead of adding it in class.upload.php.

More
14 years 6 months ago #72602 by Jason Clow
Replied by Jason Clow on topic Issue with attaching ZIP file
I cannot get it to work? What do I have to do to able to upload zip files to my articles?
Thanks
Jay

More
14 years 6 months ago #72603 by Kormann
Replied by Kormann on topic Issue with attaching ZIP file
Thank you Daniel Rodriguez! It worked also in Image Gallery (SIG PRO).

Daniel Rodriguez said:This is what I did. In the joomla k2 files go to administrator>components>com_k2>lib and open the file class.upload.php. On line 2079, just before "application/x-zip-compressed" add "application/x-zip", Jay Clow said:I cannot get it to work? What do I have to do to able to upload zip files to my articles? Thanks Jay

More
14 years 6 months ago #72604 by Jason Clow
Replied by Jason Clow on topic Issue with attaching ZIP file
Beautiful, I wish everyone on joomla forums answer questions as well as you do. It worked like a champ. Why don't they have the support natively? That doesn't make much sense to me.
High five man
Jay
Daniel Rodriguez said:This is what I did. In the joomla k2 files go to administrator>components>com_k2>lib and open the file class.upload.php. On line 2079, just before "application/x-zip-compressed" add "application/x-zip",
Jay Clow said:I cannot get it to work? What do I have to do to able to upload zip files to my articles? Thanks Jay