Strange Tab Problem

• GreenDome
  • GreenDome's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #72674 by GreenDome
Strange Tab Problem was created by GreenDome
I'm using Joomla 1.5.14 with K2 2.1 and AllVideos 3.1

When adding or editing an article (item) i can not see any tabs. This is happening both in the front and back ends. Not sure if its a bug or not.

Please see attached images.

Does anyone know whats happened - i'm pretty sure it was working fine after the update from K2 2.0 to 2.1 but now its not :(

Thanks
GD
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #72675 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Strange Tab Problem
It seems that css files are not loading. Check that the css files exist on your server and that the K2 System plugin is enabled.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• GreenDome
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #72676 by GreenDome
Replied by GreenDome on topic Strange Tab Problem
Thank you for the reply, Lefteris

The K2 system plugin is definitely enabled and style.css files exit in the css folders but how can i ensure that they load correctly.

Also i have noticed that the tabs on the dashboard are not loading correctly, please see the attached file.

Thank you again.
GD

• GreenDome
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #72677 by GreenDome
Hi Lefteris,

Any idea what i can do to resolve this issue.

Many Thanks
GD

GreenDome said:Thank you for the reply, Lefteris
The K2 system plugin is definitely enabled and style.css files exit in the css folders but how can i ensure that they load correctly.

Also i have noticed that the tabs on the dashboard are not loading correctly, please see the attached file.

Thank you again.
GD

More
14 years 8 months ago #72678 by Valdis
Replied by Valdis on topic Strange Tab Problem
Check with some browser side tool if those css are really accessible. On Firefox with Web Developer look at CSS info and full url-s; and try those url-s manually if they are loadable. Might be plain permissions issue (like webserver/site engine can't really read those css files).

Regards,
Valdis

GreenDome said:Hi Lefteris,
Any idea what i can do to resolve this issue.

Many Thanks
GD

GreenDome said:Thank you for the reply, Lefteris The K2 system plugin is definitely enabled and style.css files exit in the css folders but how can i ensure that they load correctly.

Thank you again.
GD

• GreenDome
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #72679 by GreenDome
Using Web Developer --> CSS --> View CSS, i can see all the css files. Does that mean the web server/ site engine can read the css files properly or do i need run further checks? Also what permission should the css files be on the server?

Please advise as i'm really stuck and have been trouble shooting the issue for 3 days now.

Thank you in advance
GD

• GreenDome
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #72680 by GreenDome
Please help!!

Thanks

More
14 years 8 months ago #72681 by Valdis
If You see all css files and their content as well in the browser for pages with problems then IMHO it's not the permissions issue.

GreenDome said:Using Web Developer --> CSS --> View CSS, i can see all the css files. Does that mean the web server/ site engine can read the css files properly or do i need run further checks? Also what permission should the css files be on the server?
Please advise as i'm really stuck and have been trouble shooting the issue for 3 days now.

Thank you in advance
GD

• GreenDome
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #72682 by GreenDome
Valdis,

That's what i was thinking too, but the strange thing is that it happened after i did the upgrade to 2.1 from 2.0. I'm not quite sure what to do as i can't find a fix - would you recommend uninstalling the whole component etc and re-installing or not?

Valdis said:If You see all css files and their content as well in the browser for pages with problems then IMHO it's not the permissions issue. GreenDome said:Using Web Developer --> CSS --> View CSS, i can see all the css files. Does that mean the web server/ site engine can read the css files properly or do i need run further checks? Also what permission should the css files be on the server? Please advise as i'm really stuck and have been trouble shooting the issue for 3 days now.
Thank you in advance
GD

More
14 years 8 months ago #72683 by Valdis
If there are no data then re-installation is natural choice. If there are data ... then it's complicated; I can't really suggest anything on this as haven't done such attempt myself.

GreenDome said:Valdis,
That's what i was thinking too, but the strange thing is that it happened after i did the upgrade to 2.1 from 2.0. I'm not quite sure what to do as i can't find a fix - would you recommend uninstalling the whole component etc and re-installing or not?

Valdis said:If You see all css files and their content as well in the browser for pages with problems then IMHO it's not the permissions issue. GreenDome said:Using Web Developer --> CSS --> View CSS, i can see all the css files. Does that mean the web server/ site engine can read the css files properly or do i need run further checks? Also what permission should the css files be on the server? Please advise as i'm really stuck and have been trouble shooting the issue for 3 days now. Thank you in advance
GD