Keyword

Order of Items in Itemlist does not follow Category Settings

More
14 years 8 months ago #72797 by Lars
Hello,
I'm trying to order items (articles) in the category listing descending by creation date.
But no matter what selection I choose in the Category (e.g. Most recent first), all items are ordered by Id.
Is there another place, that can override the category setting for article ordering?

Thanks for any help on that.

Lars

Moved the discussion from 'Getting started' to here, as nobody seems to have a solution on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #72798 by ric alien
Did you get this sorted/having the same problem

More
14 years 7 months ago #72799 by Lars
Hi,
I don't have a solution to this, except to delete and recreate the articles so that the index order is in the order the articles should show up.

Lars

Ric Alien said:Did you get this sorted/having the same problem

More
14 years 7 months ago #72800 by Lefteris
Hi. If the page you are viewing comes from a menu link then you should set the ordering on the menu item edit page.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #72801 by Lars
Hi Lefteris,
thanks for your hint.
This works fine, when I choose two or more categories in the menu. But it has no effect, when just one category is chosen.
But as a workaround I just made an empty dummy category, which I choose in addition to the relevant category. Then I can choose 'Most recent first' in the menu parameters.

Thanks again for your help!

Lars

More
14 years 7 months ago #72802 by Alien
There is an option in K2 which is;

"Inherit parameter options from category"

if you ascociated any category with the category, you are trying to change the features, you can not succeed.

I suggest you control this. There must be no category selected, to change the properties of a category.

More
14 years 7 months ago #72803 by Lars
Hi Aytac,
thanks for yor suggestion. You are right. But I have three categories and no one inherits from any other.
Is it possible to order articles from one category 'Most recent first' on your system?

Lars

More
14 years 7 months ago #72804 by gianpiero sfameni
Replied by gianpiero sfameni on topic Order of Items in Itemlist does not follow Category Settings
Hi Lars, I'm trying to find a solution to the same problem in this post:
k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/subcategory-ordering-1

Seems that nobody have a solution for what we are talking about!

Lars said:Hi Aytac, thanks for yor suggestion. You are right. But I have three categories and no one inherits from any other. Is it possible to order articles from one category 'Most recent first' on your system?

Lars

More
14 years 7 months ago #72805 by Alien
I understand your problem. I have the latest release of K2. I have no problem with ordering. But I think you got cofused with the instruction, located in dropdown box, that is (order by ID). Actually this options does not oder by id. They order by creation date.I tested this by changing the creation date and it worked.

More
14 years 7 months ago #72806 by Lars
Hi Aytac,
the option I choose to 'order by Id' is called 'Standard' on my system. My articles are not ordered by creation date, when choosing that option. An option 'order by id' is not shown in my drop down box.

But thanks for the feedback.

Aytac ZEREN said:I understand your problem. I have the latest release of K2. I have no problem with ordering. But I think you got cofused with the instruction, located in dropdown box, that is (order by ID). Actually this options does not oder by id. They order by creation date.I tested this by changing the creation date and it worked.