Keyword

Help making K2 Default

• Gameinatrix
  • Gameinatrix's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #79451 by Gameinatrix
Help making K2 Default was created by Gameinatrix
I'm using K2 and I really like it, however, when I install other components and such and want it to use articles from K2 it won't show them. It defaults to the core Joomla articles (in other words, articles I added before switching to K2).  How do get my K2 articles to be the default ones?Thanks in advance!Cori

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #79452 by FeSys
Replied by FeSys on topic Help making K2 Default
Hello " Gameinatrix".
You mean; not to put any things inside core joomla contents area, Just on K2?
Or, you mean; Hide Any things related to Core Joomla content management "i.e; front_page/Articles/Categories/Sections", that not to be available any more.. Just Using K2 as master System?
Thanks.

• Gameinatrix
More
14 years 2 months ago #79453 by Gameinatrix
Replied by Gameinatrix on topic Help making K2 Default
Hi there!

Thanks for your reply. Sorry I'm on cold meds so I may not be making the most sense, so I'll try to explain again.
Originally when I set up the site, I put articles into catagories I created with the core system. Upon finding K2 I switched to using it instead.

However, now since I've added plugins, (and if you'll take a look at my site. www.gameinatrix.com) such as the ticker at the top of the page, it allows you to pick catagories or articles to display. The only ones that are showing to be selected are the ones I originally added to the joomla core. They do not recognize the K2 content at all. When I go to control panel in my admin area, it shows both the original joomla core panel AND my k2 panel. I'd like to have the system default to k2, instead of the core. Hope that makes better sense. Thanks again in advance.

Cori Roberts

Followeyes said:Hello " Gameinatrix". You mean; not to put any things inside core joomla contents area, Just on K2? Or, you mean; Hide Any things related to Core Joomla content management "i.e; front_page/Articles/Categories/Sections", that not to be available any more.. Just Using K2 as master System?
Thanks.

More
14 years 2 months ago #79454 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Help making K2 Default
Hi Cori,

Basically, Joomla Articles and K2 Items are called from the database using different code.
Unless a componet, module or plugin has been modified to be able to access the K2 Items, then it wont, all it will see is Joomla Articles.

There are a number of addons that are being created to be able to read the new K2 Items, but it will take a little time.
If there is something that is really useful to consider, then it can be added to the feature request forum.

If it is really useful to a lot of people, then you will easily find developers that will come on board to make a plugin to allow this.

K2 comes with some modules that allows it to display either K2 or Joomla content.
There are also some developers that are starting to produce their own, such as JoomlaBamboo.com. They recently released a Joomla template called Avanti, we use it at K2Joom.com, and it was designed to support K2, in addition they updated their modules to read the K2 content as well.

If you want to, you can remove the Joomla icons you mentioned, via the Module Manager > Administrator.
this will not disable Joomla content altogether, but remove just the admin icons and leave just k2 in place.

Hope that helps.

Speak soon.

Simon K2Joom.com

• Gameinatrix
More
14 years 2 months ago #79455 by Gameinatrix
Yeah,

I see those aren't free so I suppose I'll keep looking around. This doesn't leave much options for displaying content with other plugins or Mods, sad.

K2Joom said:Hi Cori,
Basically, Joomla Articles and K2 Items are called from the database using different code.
Unless a componet, module or plugin has been modified to be able to access the K2 Items, then it wont, all it will see is Joomla Articles.

There are a number of addons that are being created to be able to read the new K2 Items, but it will take a little time.
If there is something that is really useful to consider, then it can be added to the feature request forum.

If it is really useful to a lot of people, then you will easily find developers that will come on board to make a plugin to allow this.

K2 comes with some modules that allows it to display either K2 or Joomla content.
There are also some developers that are starting to produce their own, such as JoomlaBamboo.com. They recently released a Joomla template called Avanti, we use it at K2Joom.com, and it was designed to support K2, in addition they updated their modules to read the K2 content as well.

If you want to, you can remove the Joomla icons you mentioned, via the Module Manager > Administrator.
this will not disable Joomla content altogether, but remove just the admin icons and leave just k2 in place.

Hope that helps.

Speak soon.

Simon K2Joom.com

More
14 years 2 months ago #79456 by Mickey Perre
Replied by Mickey Perre on topic Help making K2 Default
Have you tried the import articles section??

Where Are My Sports

Gameinatrix said:Yeah,
I see those aren't free so I suppose I'll keep looking around. This doesn't leave much options for displaying content with other plugins or Mods, sad.

K2Joom said:Hi Cori, Basically, Joomla Articles and K2 Items are called from the database using different code.

Hope that helps.

Speak soon.

Simon K2Joom.com

More
14 years 2 months ago #79457 by Sr. Interior
Replied by Sr. Interior on topic Help making K2 Default
try this

in your joomla Menu Editor go to MainMenu and create an new item-link point to (in.example) your K2 Featured Items in all Categories, call it anything like Home
then select this menu item and make it the default item, ...
now joomla take this menu item as your home page

(excuse my english)

Mickey Perre said:Have you tried the import articles section??
Where Are My Sports

Gameinatrix said:Yeah, I see those aren't free so I suppose I'll keep looking around. This doesn't leave much options for displaying content with other plugins or Mods, sad.

K2Joom said:Hi Cori, Basically, Joomla Articles and K2 Items are called from the database using different code. Unless a componet, module or plugin has been modified to be able to access the K2 Items, then it wont, all it will see is Joomla Articles.

Hope that helps.

Speak soon.

Simon K2Joom.com

More
14 years 2 months ago #79458 by piperchick
Replied by piperchick on topic Help making K2 Default
Rocket theme has a lot of free extensions with K2 support.

www.rockettheme.com/blog/extensions/361-extensions-with-k2-support

• Gameinatrix
More
14 years 2 months ago #79459 by Gameinatrix
Yes I've imported the articles. Getting them to show at ALL is not the problem. Getting them to display in anything other than the k2 format is the problem. For instance, I wanted to use certain K2 catagories in Tabs, but since the extension/mod/plugins don't recognize k2, I can't select the K2 content to display there.

Sr. Interior said:try this
in your joomla Menu Editor go to MainMenu and create an new item-link point to (in.example) your K2 Featured Items in all Categories, call it anything like Home
then select this menu item and make it the default item, ...
now joomla take this menu item as your home page

(excuse my english)

Mickey Perre said:Have you tried the import articles section?? Where Are My Sports

Gameinatrix said:Yeah, I see those aren't free so I suppose I'll keep looking around. This doesn't leave much options for displaying content with other plugins or Mods, sad.
K2Joom said:Hi Cori, Basically, Joomla Articles and K2 Items are called from the database using different code. Unless a componet, module or plugin has been modified to be able to access the K2 Items, then it wont, all it will see is Joomla Articles.

Hope that helps.

Speak soon.

Simon K2Joom.com

• Gameinatrix
More
14 years 2 months ago #79460 by Gameinatrix
Piper!! You're my hero! THIS is what I needed. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!

Ahhhh, now I can take a nap, lol!!! Been up for days racking my brain trying to find something to make this work. Now if I could only find a free extention that changes a sites background based on the time of day like Dimensions (dinx.us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=39) I'd be in a heavenly like state. Thanks all, off to play with these and see what I can effect with them.

Cori

piperchick said:Rocket theme has a lot of free extensions with K2 support.
www.rockettheme.com/blog/extensions/361-extensions-with-k2-s...