Keyword

Hits counter when using Jotcache

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
8 years 7 months ago #146470 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Hits counter when using Jotcache
Is the original code working for normal Joomla! articles? The original code can be found on the start of the thread?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HamidReza Sayyad Daryabakhsh
More
8 years 4 months ago #149224 by HamidReza Sayyad Daryabakhsh
Replied by HamidReza Sayyad Daryabakhsh on topic Hits counter when using Jotcache
Hi guys,

SAME Problem!

More
8 years 4 months ago #149229 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Hits counter when using Jotcache
@HamidReza Sayyad Daryabakhsh

Hi,

Have you read the whole thread? Have you tried the code provided in the previous messages? I also suggest to ask the developers of JotCache for this.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Alexandros Androutsos
More
8 years 4 months ago #149232 by Alexandros Androutsos
Replied by Alexandros Androutsos on topic Hits counter when using Jotcache
Guys there are people who face this issue WITHOUT Jotcache installed. It's a K2 issue and not a jotcache issue.

The articles counter of Joomla CM work fine. K2 does not count unless the cache is cleared or expired.

We better face the problem from a stand point of status. K2 hits counter does not work with caching on. Is there a way to make it work?

More
8 years 4 months ago #149234 by Lefteris
@Alexandros Androutsos

I don't get your criticism. The guy posted a question in the thread named "Hits counter when using Jotcache" that's why i answered about JotCache.

Regarding your question, K2 hits are not counted when cache is enabled. It's exactly the same behavior with Joomla! articles. When cache is enabled hits are not counted there either.

Finally, K2 is an open source project. If you have a solution for counting hits when caching is enabled you can always create a pull request at the K2 repository at github.com/joomlaworks/k2 .

Hits are there to provide an indicator not exact statistics. If you want exact statistics Google analytics is the way to go.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Alexandros Androutsos
More
8 years 4 months ago #149240 by Alexandros Androutsos

Lefteris wrote: @Alexandros Androutsos

I don't get your criticism. The guy posted a question in the thread named "Hits counter when using Jotcache" that's why i answered about JotCache.

Λευτέρη,
Please don't get me wrong. I was not trying to be critical. I simply pointed out that although the topic seems to take for granted that the counter issue is connected to Jotcache, I say that the issue is there even without jotcache. So trying to troubleshoot jotcache is probably not a direct way to solve the problem.

Lefteris wrote: Regarding your question, K2 hits are not counted when cache is enabled. It's exactly the same behavior with Joomla! articles. When cache is enabled hits are not counted there either.

That is not correct. I have cache enabled on all my joomla sites and k2 hits are not counted despite the fact that article hits are. Joomla's articles hit counter works with cache turned on. Now on one of my sites, the one I need the hits counter to work for k2 articles too, I have jreviews installed. Jreviews listing view counter is very important and it counts the hits of each listing perfectly. That is just a reflection of the joomla article hits counter (as jreviews listings are saved as Joomla! articles). I've been testing and using that counter for 3 years and it works despite the fact that I have cache on.

All in all, The joomla hits counter works with cache turned on.

Now, I realise that in some cases, using Jotcache to manage the joomla's cache might make the article hit counter to freeze as well. That means that it's a combination of joomla+jotcache that needs troubleshooting when it comes to joomla article hit counter.

However K2 seems to be facing the same issue, with or without Jotcache so I'd suggest solving the issue without the addon first. (that's just a suggestion though - it might turn out that using jotcache might actually provide an indirect solution to the problem)

Lefteris wrote: Finally, K2 is an open source project. If you have a solution for counting hits when caching is enabled you can always create a pull request at the K2 repository at github.com/joomlaworks/k2 .

I don't have a solution yet. I actually hoped that the solutions suggested in this thread might help me.

Lefteris wrote: Hits are there to provide an indicator not exact statistics. If you want exact statistics Google analytics is the way to go.

It's not a matter of accuracy, it's only a matter of convenience. It's much easier to follow the trending and popular articles using the backend interface as far as I'm concerned. As far as accuracy goes though, Google analytics is also not very accurate since it uses javascript. Besides, there is no real "accurate" way to count traffic as far as I know. So item hit counter might not be so inaccurate as you suggest.

That brings me to the final question. How does the hit counter work? Is it Javascript? Cause if it is, we might be able to use jch optimize and instruct it to not cache the code of the counter. Just a thought.

Thank you.

More
8 years 4 months ago #149271 by Lefteris
Joomla! articles hits is also not working when caching is on. Just tried under Joomla! 3.4.5 . Caching set to "progressive" and hits are not counting.

Extensions that do count correctly hits when caching is on are probably using AJAX requests to bypass the Joomla! caching and other possible caching layers like CDNs etc.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• Alexandros Androutsos
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #149280 by Alexandros Androutsos
Don't know if it's the extension's fault that the articles of my website count the hits they receive. I will make an inquiry to jreviews and maybe they have an ajax thingie that bypasses the problem. However out of all the websites I manage, only on one I need to be able to get a counter that works for articles and k2. On www.CoffeeSpots.gr however k2 articles for the blog don't count a hit unless the cache expires (every so many hours) and articles created with the joomla core system work just fine.

I guess to truly troubleshoot I should setup a site with the bare joomla and k2 and test stuff.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Alexandros Androutsos. Reason: typo

More
8 years 1 month ago #151493 by carlostegs
Replied by carlostegs on topic Hits counter when using Jotcache
Hello!
HITS OF k2 ARE static
Use system k2 in Joomla 3.4 in the NEWS of Gavick templante
I'm Hits problems, which are frozen and would like to know if they can help me?
Has a solution to solve the problem and Hits of the articles, to start working?
I notice that when I unplug the JOTCACHE the HITS back to work
I tried to use the K2 code that teach this Forum topic
creating a module and placing the code, but in my case it did not work or something went wrong
Can detail me better as I
Looking forward to a possible aid
Thank you so much
Success
Jose Carlos

More
8 years 1 month ago #151599 by carlostegs
Replied by carlostegs on topic Re: Hits counter when using Jotcache
Lefteris
Hello!
Help!
I tried using this code that indicates in a K2 module and it does not funiconou
In my case the continued stopped HITS, as this only occurs with the connected cache.
I read a lot this forum and could not run yet.
Its put me closer so I can make it work and solve the problem of standing HITS.
Can you help me
thank you
Success