Keyword

K2 and it's image handling

• Iosif Chatzimichail
More
5 years 4 months ago #170653 by Iosif Chatzimichail
Replied by Iosif Chatzimichail on topic K2 and it's image handling
Hello,

If you are a developer, check out this plugin I made: github.com/afonic/rimage-k2

It offers much better image handling, multiple image sets, and it splits the generated images in folders for each item so it's nice and tidy.

Plus, you can now reorder galleries!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steven Trooster
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #172269 by Steven Trooster
Replied by Steven Trooster on topic K2 and it's image handling
I'm not so much worried about the cache folder, more about the src folder which keeps a copy of all the original files uploaded. Since our authors don't really care about file size of the files they upload, with the knowledge K2 resizes all images in smaller sizes, they tend to upload huge files. Thus the src folder keeps growing in megabytes and takes a huge amount of my server storage. I need to clear this folder regularly via FTP, if I don't want to be billed by my hosting company for extra storage.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Steven Trooster.

More
4 years 10 months ago #172277 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic K2 and it's image handling
There is a reason why we maintain the source image at the "src" folder in /media/k2/items/. When a redesign occurs, these images can be used to regenerate all K2 item images at new dimensions, with the help of this script: github.com/getk2/rebuildK2imageCache

If you already have a large size for your XL images, then you can safely delete the "src" folder.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)