Keyword

After 9 articles published, the settings seem to getting ignored?

More
4 years 2 months ago #174390 by Gavin
I've gone over and over the settings for categories and it's set out the way i want it, but it seems when there is more than 9 articles published, the 10th article screws up the layout of 3 columns. Does anyone know why this might be? I can't publish any more articles because the layout gets messed up :(

Trying to work it out for myself but I'm at a loss what else to try.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #174393 by JoomlaWorks
Add a 10th item and post the URL to your site.

If you have your own K2 template overrides, there's a big chance something is breaking in the HTML output.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
4 years 2 months ago #174417 by Gavin
Hi there, I'm not sure what you mean by creating a 10th item and posting the URL to my site? I dont have any K2 over rides I have a 10th and 11th article but still getting the same issue.

More
4 years 2 months ago #174421 by JoomlaWorks
I need a URL to the page where the layout is broken. I can't diagnose the issue any other way.

---

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #174425 by Gavin
Oh I see what you mean! Here you go: scottishselfbuild.com/latest-news-and-blogs

The layout on the homepage is also reflective of the layout on this page too. Should just be three articles / three columns on the home page (most recent first), and on the Latest News and Blogs, there should be three columns, and then rows of the three articles.
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Gavin.

More
4 years 2 months ago #174426 by Gavin
I've unpublished again until you let me know when you might be able to have a look at it. Not keen on having it look like it does for a day or so :) Thanks again for your support.

More
4 years 2 months ago #174441 by JoomlaWorks
Copy the menu item to a menu that is not visible on the site. Change the settings in the menu item to have more items. Then send me the URL to the new alias. This way it won't be visible to the site's users.

My guess is that something in your template overrides breaks the document's HTML.

---

More
4 years 2 months ago #174456 by Gavin
Hi there, thanks again for your support. I did what you suggested, and changed the number of articles showing on the additional menu item, but this seems to change the settings on the main menu item. Problem seems to persist when I publish the last three articles that I have created, which I have unpublished again for now, as it messes up the layout.

If I were to uninstall K2, does this also delete the articles and the categories, or will these default back to joomla? I can't see a way to import the articles back into joomla.

Sorry to be a pest.

Regards, Gavin

More
4 years 2 months ago #174457 by JoomlaWorks
If you remove K2, your items will be deleted. Switching to Joomla won't allow you to have such flexibility in grid placement or option selection. It's a nightmare and it's the reason K2 was born way back in 2009.

Additionally, modifying one menu item should not affect another (as you implied). It's technically not possible.

In any case, it's hard to provide support without actually seeing the content presented.

---

More
4 years 2 months ago #174459 by Gavin
Hi Fotis,

Not sure then. It seems any time I publish more than 9 articles, it messes up the homepage, the main URL at scottishselfbuild.com/latest-news-and-blogs and also the hidden one.

I've published more than 9 articles now so you can see on the website what it is doing( set the homepage articles to show just featured so that this layout isn't messed up :)

Thanks, Gavin