Keyword

cache problem with 2.10.3

More
3 years 8 months ago #176577 by Bob Whitlock
Replied by Bob Whitlock on topic cache problem with 2.10.3
That worked! Thank you so much. So I think I understand why that fixed it but please let me know if I'm right (who knows, maybe some day I'll understand the code enough to contribute). The recent update had some code to set the last_modified header based on article dates, so that updates are still picked up with caching on. However, if caching is turned OFF, it actually hinders in some cases because Joomla by default sets last_modified to current date and time - which makes the page _always_ look new.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #176588 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic cache problem with 2.10.3
The current feature assumed the page to always be cached, as an automated performance feature (so to speak).

But I understand there are obvious cases that this might cause issues, so it's best to make it optional.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
3 years 7 months ago #176764 by Jack Hughes
Replied by Jack Hughes on topic cache problem with 2.10.3
Hey I just wanted to report about this caching issue. I was having issues with Roksprocket module not showing new k2 items if the k2 items were created from the frontend. To get Roksprocket to display a new k2 item either things had to be done 1) the k2 item had to be saved from the backend OR 2) the browser cache had to be cleared.

Fotis, I commented out the two lines of code you referenced in your reply. That worked.

Thanks

More
3 years 7 months ago #176777 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic cache problem with 2.10.3
The issue is probably related to where the module is showing content. If the module is loaded on an item page in which the item's content has not changed, then yes, it would be cached by the browser due to the headers the item itself would emit to the browser. In any case, if the caching is low, e.g. a few mins, then after that time the new content in the module would of course show up. If you're testing things though and wish to instantly see the changes but don't mind if the content loads later to actual users, then you can always hit Ctrl+R or Ctrl+Shift+R to force the browser to re-fetch the page and ignore caching headers.

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
2 years 4 months ago #179684 by Josh Wilkinson
Replied by Josh Wilkinson on topic cache problem with 2.10.3
Hi, I have had this same issue with K2 version 2.10.3 and I commented out the 2 lines you suggested and this does fix it. However, you said you add an option in the next version of k2 to address. I have not seen an update to address this in over 1 year. Any idea when this will be fixed?

However, you said the following:

"Comment out these 2 lines  github.com/getk2/k2/blob/master/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php#L465-L468  for now and I'll make sure this is optional in the next update of K2 via a switch in the K2 Settings."

More
1 year 8 months ago #180226 by Josh Wilkinson
Replied by Josh Wilkinson on topic cache problem with 2.10.3
Again, any update on this? It has been 8 months and I haven't heard anything back. You said it would be addressed in the next update. However, there hasn't been an update to k2 in forever so when is this going to be addressed?

Thanks,
Josh