Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: extra field order)

• Tom
06 Mar 2014 18:43
Paid Development was created by Tom

Paid Development

Category: English K2 Community

Hi there - hope this is the appropriate forum - please point me elsewhere if needed!

I have a few custom requests that despite searching forums, am having no luck with. Would be willing to pay (within reason!) to get one or all of these solved.

1. Smart Search integration.

I want to be able to include the K2 Author and Tags in the Joomla Smart Search results layout.

2. Smart Search results ordering

I would like users to be able to sort their results based on; relevance, created date, popularity.

3. Extra field search

I have one set of extra fields that ideally, I would like included in the general Smart Search keyword search - but could live with a separate search field. Would need to be within Smart Search though (i.e. not something like K2 Filter & Search module).

4. One-off item paid access

The big one! I would like non-registered users to have the option to purchase (credit card/ paypal) access to an individual K2 item and that item only.

As always, any advice/ pointers greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.
  • Krikor Boghossian
06 Mar 2014 15:35
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic How to get a header into the Yellow block

How to get a header into the Yellow block

Category: Commercial Joomla Templates

You 're welcome.

No need to open a new topic.
You need images 960px and above (in width) in order to be aligned with each other.

I will give you a CSS snippet to manually align them all but this will force ALL images in that extra field to stretch to full width.
So.. use it with caution. My suggestion is to use pictures above 960px.
.mediaArea img { min-width: 100%; }

PS. Remember to use your custom.css file and do not modify core files.
  • Nikos
06 Mar 2014 14:53 - 06 Mar 2014 14:54
Replied by Nikos on topic Limiting Extra FieldsDisplay

Limiting Extra FieldsDisplay

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: @Nikos

Please take first a read regarding K2 templating at getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates

Hello Lefteri,
I have read this documentation already and it didn't work for me that way. I had to create another folder named template into templates/mytemplate/html/com_k2/TEMPLATE/default or blog in order to select it as a template of my category in k2 back-end. So I did that and still if I make any changes into category_item.php for instance it does not affect anything. I tried to delete this file and still nothing happened.
Let's try something else. If I wanted to make some changes in the category view, the file that I should change is the category_item.php which is in the path components/com_k2/template/default provided that I have selected default template in k2 back-end for the category template. Right?
  • Nikos
06 Mar 2014 01:06
Replied by Nikos on topic Limiting Extra FieldsDisplay

Limiting Extra FieldsDisplay

hardkiffeur wrote: Hi Cuppa,

You could rewrite how the extrafields's list is publish in the itemExtraFields bloc (on the category_item.php) , just after
<div class="itemExtraFields">
<ul>

Exemple : First extrafield's alias is EXTRA1 and a second EXTRA2 (alias could be read on the K2 item's list)

<li class="odd"><span class="itemExtraFieldsLabel"><?php echo $this->item->extraFields->EXTRA1->name; ?></span><span class="itemExtraFieldsValue"><?php echo $this->item->extraFields->EXTRA1->value; ?></span></li>
<li class="even"><span class="itemExtraFieldsLabel"><?php echo $this->item->extraFields->EXTRA2->name; ?></span><span class="itemExtraFieldsValue"><?php echo $this->item->extraFields->EXTRA2->value; ?></span></li>

and so on with the Extrafields, Alias you want to show ;)

I assume you already do an override template and assigne it t the categorie you want to work with ;)

Let me know

Hello and hope to get this work,
So I would be pleased if you could tell me where exactly should I make the copy of category_item.php in order to get this override to work. What if I needed those specific extra fields to be shown in every item in the category view? I inserted the code that you suggested and nothing happened. I checked which template I'm using for the category that I want to implement this and it's the default. So I have to change the file which is into /components/com_k2/templates/default/category_item.php . Could you please explain it in more details? Sorry for asking something like that but I am new to K2 but I have a bit of knowledge in php.
Thank you in advanced.
  • eastkilla
05 Mar 2014 14:08 - 05 Mar 2014 14:10
Replied by eastkilla on topic Display extrafield value in module

Display extrafield value in module

This is my problem :

I want to display YouTube Subscribe Widget in module on my pages like explain here

No problem to do that, i paste this code in Joomla Custom Module :

• Lefteris
04 Mar 2014 15:02

Extra Fields Before <hr id="system-readmore" />

Hi. To change the display order of item text and extra fields you need to make a template override. Details regarding K2 templates can be found at getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates. To hide the read more link in latest view you need to edit the menu link and set the "'Read more...' link" to "hide".
  • Lefteris
27 Feb 2014 16:01

How to show unpublished items to publisher/admin

Yes i think you can do this using the native permissions system. You need to set the permissions under K2 parameters. The permissions you see there apply to items. For the rest sections tags, extra fields etc. user must have the " Configure " permission in order to access them. Not quite sure though. You need to try first.
  • jameslam
18 Feb 2014 14:29
deploy to domain mysql failure was created by jameslam

deploy to domain mysql failure

installed and built a Joomla site with K2 in my local pc.
using K2 created 2 K2 items. Frontend display them okay.

But when moving this pc site localhost db DUMP to host domain, encountered below error:
Error

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE `tp1_k2_items` ( `id` int(11) not null auto_increment, `title` varchar(255) not null, `alias` varchar(255), `catid` int(11) not null, `published` smallint(6) not null default '0', `introtext` mediumtext not null, `fulltext` mediumtext not null, `video` text, `gallery` varchar(255), `extra_fields` text, `extra_fields_search` text not null, `created` datetime not null, `created_by` int(11) not null default '0', `created_by_alias` varchar(255) not null, `checked_out` int(10) unsigned not null, `checked_out_time` datetime not null, `modified` datetime not null, `modified_by` int(11) not null default '0', `publish_up` datetime not null, `publish_down` datetime not null, `trash` smallint(6) not null default '0', `access` int(11) not null default '0', `ordering` int(11) not null default '0', `featured` smallint(6) not null default '0', `featured_ordering` int(11) not null defau[...]

MySQL said: Documentation
#1170 - BLOB/TEXT column 'introtext' used in key specification without a key length

Googled internet with no luck.

Posted here looking for your great help.
  • Yiota
14 Feb 2014 16:27

[SOLVED] Extrafields are not shown/editable in front end

This means that you are having a javascript conflict between your template's js files and k2's popup.
Do you have a template developer/provider you could advise in order to help you narrow down the issue?
If not start by checking that your page doesn't load more than one jQuery libraries. You need to keep the one loading first and above all other javascripts.
  • Tim
11 Feb 2014 23:50

Image extra field not empty once value is deleted

Currently the code displays the main image, or the alternative image instead if the alternative image field has a value:

• Mark
11 Feb 2014 16:18

Extrafields names in category.php, for table headr

This is the best way I can explain.. have a look at this image:

we-value-you.co.za/capture.PNG

This is achieved by manually editing

category.php like so:

<?php if(isset($this->primary) && count($this->primary)): ?>
<!-- Primary items -->
<div id="itemListPrimary">

<table width="100%" border=1>

<tr>
<th>Coil Size (mm)</th>
<th>Grade</th>
<th>Finish</th>
<th>&nbsp;</th>
</tr>

<?php foreach($this->primary as $key=>$item): ?>

<?php
// Define a CSS class for the last container on each row
if( (($key+1)%($this->params->get('num_primary_columns'))==0) || count($this->primary)<$this->params->get('num_primary_columns') )
$lastContainer= ' itemContainerLast';
else
$lastContainer='';
?>

<div class="itemContainer<?php echo $lastContainer; ?>"<?php echo (count($this->primary)==1) ? '' : ' style="width:'.number_format(100/$this->params->get('num_primary_columns'), 1).'%;"'; ?>>
<?php
// Load category_item.php by default
$this->item=$item;
echo $this->loadTemplate('item');
?>
</div>
<?php if(($key+1)%($this->params->get('num_primary_columns'))==0): ?>
<div class="clr"></div>
<?php endif; ?>
<?php endforeach; ?>

</table>

<div class="clr"></div>
</div>
<?php endif; ?>

And in category_item.php (I've removed all other code) :

<!-- TR data -->
<tr>
<?php foreach ($this->item->extra_fields as $key=>$extraField): ?>
<?php if($extraField->value != ''): ?>
<td><span class="catItemExtraFieldsValue"><?php echo $extraField->value; ?></span></td>
<?php endif; ?>
<?php endforeach; ?>
<td>
<!-- K2 Plugins: K2AfterDisplay -->
<?php echo $this->item->event->K2AfterDisplay; ?>
</td>
</tr>

The bit in category.php:

<tr>
<th>Coil Size (mm)</th>
<th>Grade</th>
<th>Finish</th>
<th>&nbsp;</th>
</tr>

I would like to automate this, by doing something like:

foreach ($this->????category????->extra_fields->name)
  • Yiota
11 Feb 2014 12:19
Replied by Yiota on topic Extra Fields Lightbox

Extra Fields Lightbox

You will have to move the whole block of code of itemExtraFields right under the itemFullText in your item.php file.

It is strongly recommended to use template overrides of the K2 template in order to not lose any of your modifications when you perform an update of the K2 package.

Read here how the overrides work getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates
If you already use K2 template overrides ignore the above step.
  • Lefteris
10 Feb 2014 17:50
Replied by Lefteris on topic Change Items ordering in backend

Change Items ordering in backend

Hi. No this cannot be done. We do have a plugin hook for adding your own columns. However sorting by extra fields values is not supported since they are stored in JSON format.
  • Yiota
10 Feb 2014 16:30
Replied by Yiota on topic Gallery instead item picture

Gallery instead item picture

Category: Commercial Joomla Templates

First of all you will have to create up to 5 (or up to how many images you want) image typed extra fields and assign this extra field group to the category you want. The extra field aliases should be like imagea, imageb, imagec, etc...

Let me know when you are all set with this step so we can move on. Also, let me know of the total image extra fields you have used in order to provide you with the right code for your item.
  • Yiota
10 Feb 2014 14:01
Replied by Yiota on topic Extra fields: file link?

Extra fields: file link?

The restriction for the svg and emf files comes from Media manager itself. You can add them in the Media manager settings in order to be recognised as they are not by default.

The K2 attachments don't allow these types of files. Perhaps you can to add them as zips.
  • Justin Place
07 Feb 2014 13:44
Replied by Justin Place on topic Contact popup form in k2 item

Contact popup form in k2 item

Hi

Thanks for the reply,

Here is the item page i have made for one of my categories:
www.borderlearning.co.za/index.php/categories/accommodation/bnb/item/114-2palms

By the General Information column, i don't want to show their email address, where the extra field value is,
But by the contact business button i just want a simple popup contact form to appear, sending the message to the emaill address specified in the email extra field value :)
  • Yiota
07 Feb 2014 12:31

k2 warning display not working in front end edit

Hello,

This blue box should contain a warning message about extra fields that are required.
You need to make a change in your itemform.php file located in your template overrides in order for the message to appear correctly.

In itemform.php locate this html element
<ul id="k2ExtraFieldsValidationResults"></ul>

and replace it with the following code:
<!-- Required extra field warning --> <div id="k2ExtraFieldsValidationResults"> <h3><?php echo JText::_('K2_THE_FOLLOWING_FIELDS_ARE_REQUIRED'); ?></h3> <ul id="k2ExtraFieldsMissing"> <li><?php echo JText::_('K2_LOADING'); ?></li> </ul> </div>
  • Tim
05 Feb 2014 23:21

I'm using K2 Filter (joomcar.net) to allow users to filter the results. Although, I also need the listings ordered by a date extra field, which only happens once the filter is activated.

The first URL is the straight listings, ordered by default ordering.

The second URL is the listings once the filter has been applied, effectively ordering them by the date extra field.
  • Yiota
05 Feb 2014 15:54

What is the difference between this page:

Your URL/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=10&Itemid=191

and this one:

Your URL/whats-on/2013-12-06-04-39-51/shows/itemlist/filter?moduleId=133&Itemid=191

What extension/plugin do you use in order to fetch the second view? I see that the url is different. It has extra parameters set on it.
  • Peter
04 Feb 2014 10:57
Change Items ordering in backend was created by Peter

Change Items ordering in backend

Hi.
My question is about the back-end items showing and ordering.

I can see columns for Category, Author, Last modified by, etc, etc, and ordering by clicking the column Title.

What I would like to do is showing more options, what to show her.

Basically I would like to show 1 or 2 columns with title and values from K2 extra fields.

I am building a site with item reference numbers (as extra field), and now I have to open every item to view its reference number.

Is it possible to do this?

Grateful for any help.

Peter
Displaying 201 - 220 out of 529 results.