Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: extra field order)

• Clément
07 Sep 2013 20:40
Advanced Extra Fields on items was created by Clément

Advanced Extra Fields on items

Category: English K2 Community

Hi everyone,

I have a website where we can find music albums. The albums are managed by K2 "items".
On these Albums, there are some extra fields like "rating", "year", "genre" and a big one named "Tracks" where there is a list of all the album's tracks.

Now, I would like to be able to add the tracks in specific fields, and for each tracks, add some descriptions (one or more). But in order to do it, I would need a kind of field where you can add other fields (haha). Like if you click a button "add another track", "add another description".

For now, I have to add a lot of extra fields in order to display all these informations, but as the number of tracks per album is not fixed, some extra fields are empty, if you know what I mean...

Is there a way to do that with K2? (it is for a client so I have to use it)

Hope it's clear enough for you to understand!

Thanks by advance :)

Clément
  • Dafne Giacobbe
10 Aug 2013 21:10
Modulo RokSprocket Mosaic con K2...non funziona was created by Dafne Giacobbe

Modulo RokSprocket Mosaic con K2...non funziona

Category: Comunità italiana K2

Ho cercato di creare un Modulo RokSprocket Mosaic (che con joomla funziona benissimo) con articoli presi da K2, nel momento in cui ho selezionato K2 mi sono apparsi gli errori sottostanti.
Adesso addirittura non mi fa entrare da amministrazione nel modulo per correggerlo.

Messaggio di errore

500 - Si è verificato un errore.

Table 'Sql573083_1.r9fc1_k2_comments' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT a.id, a.title, a.alias, a.introtext, a.`fulltext`, a.catid, a.published, a.access, a.created, a.modified, a.extra_fields, a.extra_fields_search, a.created_by, a.created_by_alias, a.featured, a.language, a.hits, a.publish_up, a.publish_down, a.language, a.metakey, a.metadesc, a.metadata,c.name AS category_title, c.image AS category_image, c.alias as category_alias,CONCAT_WS(",", f.id) AS field_ids, CONCAT_WS(",", f.name) AS field_names,CONCAT_WS(",", t.id) AS tag_ids, CONCAT_WS(",", t.name) AS tag_names,COUNT(co.id) AS comment_count,ua.name AS author_name,um.name AS last_modified_by,ROUND(v.rating_sum / v.rating_count, 0) AS rating, v.rating_count as rating_count,vl.title AS access_title,l.title AS language_title FROM r9fc1_k2_items as a LEFT JOIN r9fc1_k2_categories AS c ON c.id = a.catid LEFT JOIN r9fc1_k2_extra_fields_groups AS fg ON fg.id = c.extraFieldsGroup LEFT JOIN r9fc1_k2_extra_fields AS f ON f.group = fg.id LEFT JOIN r9fc1_k2_tags_xref AS tx ON tx.itemID = a.id LEFT JOIN r9fc1_k2_tags AS t ON t.id = tx.tagID LEFT JOIN r9fc1_k2_comments AS co ON co.itemID = a.id LEFT JOIN r9fc1_users AS ua ON ua.id = a.created_by LEFT JOIN r9fc1_users AS um ON um.id = a.modified_by LEFT JOIN r9fc1_k2_rating AS v ON a.id = v.itemID LEFT JOIN r9fc1_viewlevels AS vl ON a.access = vl.id LEFT JOIN r9fc1_languages AS l ON a.language = l.lang_code LEFT OUTER JOIN (select rsi.provider_id, rsi.order from r9fc1_roksprocket_items as rsi where module_id = 232) rsi on a.id = rsi.provider_id WHERE ((a.access IN(1,1,2,3) AND a.trash = 0) AND a.id IN (44,53,54,55,56,45,46,47,43)) GROUP BY a.id ORDER BY IF(ISNULL(rsi.order),1,0),rsi.order

Poi ho controllato e nel pannello di controllo K2 Commenti appare questo:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /web/htdocs/www.weddingsanddreams.it/home/administrator/components/com_k2/views/comments/view.html.php on line 52

Qualcuno sa cosa posso fare?
grazie
  • Christian Rerucha
02 Aug 2013 18:34
Too many database connections was created by Christian Rerucha

Too many database connections

HELP!

Every Friday morning between 2:00 and 3:00 my website shuts down. According to GoDaddy, there are 200+ simultaneous connections to the server, and so they shut down the database. They sent me the following SQL query, and said that this is what is causing it:

SELECT i.* ,
CASE WHEN i.modified = 0 THEN i.created ELSE i.modified END as lastChanged ,
c.name as categoryname ,
c.id as categoryid ,
c.alias as categoryalias ,
c.params as categoryparams
FROM jos_k2_items as i LEFT JOIN jos_k2_categories AS c ON c.id = i.catid
WHERE i.published = 1 AND
i.access IN(1 , 1 ) AND
i.trash = 0 AND
c.published = 1 AND
c.access IN(1 , 1 ) AND
c.trash = 0 AND
( i.publish_up = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR
i.publish_up <= '2013-08-02 09:57:35' ) AND
( i.publish_down = '0000-00-00 00:00:00' OR
i.publish_down >= '2013-08-02 09:57:35' ) AND
MATCH(i.title ,
i.introtext ,
i.`fulltext` ,
i.image_caption ,
i.image_credits ,
i.video_caption ,
i.video_credits ,
i.extra_fields_search ,
i.metadesc ,
i.metakey) AGAINST ('??alert(203)*' IN BOOLEAN MODE)
ORDER BY i.id DESC
LIMIT 0 , 10

UPDATE jos_k2_items SET `hits` = (`hits` + 1) WHERE id = '19'

I know that programmatical text is sometimes stripped out of messages, so I have attached a screen shot of what it looks like.

Can anyone tell me what is going on, and how to fix this?
  • Justin Place
29 Jul 2013 15:51
Responsive css list was created by Justin Place

Responsive css list

Hi there,

I am working on a demo website thats using a responsive template, my ccs list with items & extra fields is here: www.borderlearning.justrite.co.za/index.php/component/k2/itemlist/category/9-bnb

However, as shown here:
www.responsinator.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.borderlearning.justrite.co.za%2Findex.php%2Fcomponent%2Fk2%2Fitemlist%2Fcategory%2F9-bnb

My css list is not responsive, I asked my template support and they said its not to do with the template but the widths... My widths i have made sure they are percentages and not fixed.

Any suggestions would be great thanks?
  • Justin Place
24 Jul 2013 12:50
Replied by Justin Place on topic Display Extra Fields in 2nd & 3rd column of table

Display Extra Fields in 2nd & 3rd column of table

Hi Krikor,

I have changed the table format, to Css Listing, I have got my 2nd column displayed by adding in my Extra field [Contact number] in:

<div class="extrafield-colcontact">
<ul>
<li><?php echo $this->item->extraFields->contact->value ;?></li>
</ul>
</div>

I tried adding my THIRD column like so:

</div>
<div class="extrafield-coldetails">
<ul>
<li><?php echo $this->item->extraFields->details->value ;?></li>
</ul>
</div>

Iv added some data for the extra field, but the column data will not display.
link:
www.borderlearning.justrite.co.za/index.php/component/k2/itemlist/category/9-bnb

Any code that I'm missing?

Thanks
  • Yiota
23 Jul 2013 11:01

[SOLVED] How to show a few extra fields in category view?

I'm afraid that you can do that only by code.
You will have to modify the category_item.php in order to fetch specific extra fields.

First of all you have to create K2 overrides, if not already. Read here (getk2.org/documentation/tutorials/174-templating-with-k2-and-the-concepts-of-sub-templates) how the overrides work
Then open category_item.php since this is the one you want to show the specific extra fields.
Locate the extra fields block of code and use this code snippet to fetch each extra field
<?php if ($this->item->extraFields->Your_extrafields_alias): echo $this->item->extraFields->Your_extrafields_alias->name; echo $this->item->extraFields->Your_extrafields_alias->value; endif; ?>
  • Krikor Boghossian
19 Jul 2013 14:14
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Product image coloring and decision tree

Product image coloring and decision tree

Hello Luis,

K2 is a component with CCK features. In order to use it with a cart component you have to use an e-commerce extension which offers K2 integration.

On good example is VirtueMart with K2Mart. www.joomlaworks.net/extensions/commercial-premium/k2mart

You can use K2's extrafields for multiple images and product variations.

For the second request I think you have to develop a custom component.

Regards.
  • Krikor Boghossian
18 Jul 2013 14:23
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Joomla K2 user extra fields

Joomla K2 user extra fields

In order to remove fields you need to override the plugin.

Create a folder inside yout template's overrides folder called userExtendedFields and inside that folder you can place the edited default.php file.
  • Yiota
18 Jul 2013 11:11
Replied by Yiota on topic Extra fields inside tab.. inside the item

Extra fields inside tab.. inside the item

You will have to modify item.php in your K2 overrides a bit in order to do so. You will have to locate the block where the extra fields are loading and put the specific classes or structure (depending on your tab mechanism) for the tabs to work. Then you could assign the name of the extra field as the header of the tab and the value as the content.

If you could sent a screenshot or something it would be more helpful.
  • Justin Place
16 Jul 2013 20:11 - 16 Jul 2013 20:15
Replied by Justin Place on topic Display Extra Fields in 2nd & 3rd column of table

Okay i just want to see if I'm understanding correctly

I insert like so:
<div id="itemListLeading">
<?php foreach($this->leading as $key=>$item): ?>
<table>
<tr>
<th>Listing</th>
<th>Contact Number</th>
<th>Further Details</th>
</tr>
<?php endforeach; ?>
</table>

In the category_item.php file where do i insert the td's because one column will be the item list and the other two columns will be the extra field data

Edit: I'm not sure If im on the right track: www.borderlearning.justrite.co.za/index.php/component/k2/itemlist/category/9-bnb
  • Justin Place
16 Jul 2013 18:31

Hi there, I have managed to insert the Items list in my html Table here:
www.borderlearning.justrite.co.za/index.php/component/k2/itemlist/category/9-bnb

I have also linked each item to its own extra field for its [Contact Number] & [Further Details]

How do i Display each items Contact number in the Contact number Column?

I have tried to insert the code in category_item.php but it still does not want to work

my Extra field alias for the 2 are:

Contact Number - contract
Further Details - details

I am really frustrated on trying to insert the data correctly,

If anyone could please help i would greatly appreciate it!
  • Eric Hess
12 Jul 2013 02:59
Replied by Eric Hess on topic Associated Extra Fields Groups limiting to 20?

Associated Extra Fields Groups limiting to 20?

To follow up.. Anytime I make ANY change in the Edit Category page (I just changed the ordering), it causes the same error of kicking out the extra fields.
  • Tom
11 Jul 2013 14:22
Replied by Tom on topic Sort Items by Extra Field "Date"

Sort Items by Extra Field "Date"

Anything?

I think it would be a nice feature adding a "Custom" order option and order by custom field.

Thanks
  • Tom
08 Jul 2013 19:52

Sort Items by Extra Field "Date"

Hi,
Is there any way to sort items by an specific extra field?

I have an extra field Date and I want to order items by that field, but I haven't seen any option to do it.

I've found this old topic but the solution doesn't work for me because I have more extra fields and with this hack only sorts by the first extra field in the extra field group.
getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first/11005-Sorting-K2-items-by-extra-fields

Any ideas? Thank you in advantadge.
  • Cristine
29 Jun 2013 17:48
Importing existing articles was created by Cristine

Importing existing articles

I've just discovered K2 and would apologize for the basic question. I'm using a template from rockettheme, with a rocketlauncher install. When I try to import the existing articles over as items in K2, I am getting an error and can't do it. This would save so much time - has anyone come across this before? Thanks for and assistance!!

An error has occurred.
0 SQL=INSERT INTO `sec_k2_categories` (`id`,`name`,`alias`,`description`,`parent`,`published`,`image`,`access`,`ordering`,`params`,`trash`,`language`) VALUES ('2','Uncategorised','uncategorised','','0','1','','1','4','{\"theme\":\"default\",\"num_leading_items\":\"2\",\"num_leading_columns\":\"1\",\"leadingImgSize\":\"Large\",\"num_primary_items\":\"4\",\"num_primary_columns\":\"2\",\"primaryImgSize\":\"Medium\",\"num_secondary_items\":\"4\",\"num_secondary_columns\":\"1\",\"secondaryImgSize\":\"Small\",\"num_links\":\"4\",\"num_links_columns\":\"1\",\"linksImgSize\":\"XSmall\",\"catCatalogMode\":\"0\",\"catFeaturedItems\":\"1\",\"catOrdering\":\"\",\"catPagination\":\"2\",\"catPaginationResults\":\"1\",\"catTitle\":\"1\",\"catTitleItemCounter\":\"1\",\"catDescription\":\"1\",\"catImage\":\"1\",\"catFeedLink\":\"1\",\"catFeedIcon\":\"1\",\"subCategories\":\"1\",\"subCatColumns\":\"2\",\"subCatOrdering\":\"\",\"subCatTitle\":\"1\",\"subCatTitleItemCounter\":\"1\",\"subCatDescription\":\"1\",\"subCatImage\":\"1\",\"itemImageXS\":\"\",\"itemImageS\":\"\",\"itemImageM\":\"\",\"itemImageL\":\"\",\"itemImageXL\":\"\",\"catItemTitle\":\"1\",\"catItemTitleLinked\":\"1\",\"catItemFeaturedNotice\":\"0\",\"catItemAuthor\":\"1\",\"catItemDateCreated\":\"1\",\"catItemRating\":\"0\",\"catItemImage\":\"1\",\"catItemIntroText\":\"1\",\"catItemIntroTextWordLimit\":\"\",\"catItemExtraFields\":\"0\",\"catItemHits\":\"0\",\"catItemCategory\":\"1\",\"catItemTags\":\"1\",\"catItemAttachments\":\"0\",\"catItemAttachmentsCounter\":\"0\",\"catItemVideo\":\"0\",\"catItemVideoWidth\":\"\",\"catItemVideoHeight\":\"\",\"catItemAudioWidth\":\"\",\"catItemAudioHeight\":\"\",\"catItemVideoAutoPlay\":\"0\",\"catItemImageGallery\":\"0\",\"catItemDateModified\":\"0\",\"catItemReadMore\":\"1\",\"catItemCommentsAnchor\":\"1\",\"catItemK2Plugins\":\"1\",\"itemDateCreated\":\"1\",\"itemTitle\":\"1\",\"itemFeaturedNotice\":\"1\",\"itemAuthor\":\"1\",\"itemFontResizer\":\"1\",\"itemPrintButton\":\"1\",\"itemEmailButton\":\"1\",\"itemSocialButton\":\"1\",\"itemVideoAnchor\":\"1\",\"itemImageGalleryAnchor\":\"1\",\"itemCommentsAnchor\":\"1\",\"itemRating\":\"1\",\"itemImage\":\"1\",\"itemImgSize\":\"Large\",\"itemImageMainCaption\":\"1\",\"itemImageMainCredits\":\"1\",\"itemIntroText\":\"1\",\"itemFullText\":\"1\",\"itemExtraFields\":\"1\",\"itemDateModified\":\"1\",\"itemHits\":\"1\",\"itemCategory\":\"1\",\"itemTags\":\"1\",\"itemAttachments\":\"1\",\"itemAttachmentsCounter\":\"1\",\"itemVideo\":\"1\",\"itemVideoWidth\":\"\",\"itemVideoHeight\":\"\",\"itemAudioWidth\":\"\",\"itemAudioHeight\":\"\",\"itemVideoAutoPlay\":\"0\",\"itemVideoCaption\":\"1\",\"itemVideoCredits\":\"1\",\"itemImageGallery\":\"1\",\"itemNavigation\":\"1\",\"itemComments\":\"1\",\"itemTwitterButton\":\"1\",\"itemFacebookButton\":\"1\",\"itemGooglePlusOneButton\":\"1\",\"itemAuthorBlock\":\"1\",\"itemAuthorImage\":\"1\",\"itemAuthorDescription\":\"1\",\"itemAuthorURL\":\"1\",\"itemAuthorEmail\":\"0\",\"itemAuthorLatest\":\"1\",\"itemAuthorLatestLimit\":\"5\",\"itemRelated\":\"1\",\"itemRelatedLimit\":\"5\",\"itemRelatedTitle\":\"1\",\"itemRelatedCategory\":\"0\",\"itemRelatedImageSize\":\"0\",\"itemRelatedIntrotext\":\"0\",\"itemRelatedFulltext\":\"0\",\"itemRelatedAuthor\":\"0\",\"itemRelatedMedia\":\"0\",\"itemRelatedImageGallery\":\"0\",\"itemK2Plugins\":\"1\",\"catMetaDesc\":\"\",\"catMetaKey\":\"\",\"catMetaRobots\":\"\",\"catMetaAuthor\":\"\"}','0','*')
Return to Control Panel
  • Justin Place
28 Jun 2013 16:08 - 28 Jun 2013 16:19
Extra Fields data in a table column was created by Justin Place

Extra Fields data in a table column

Hi,

I have set up my html table properly on my category page here:
www.borderlearning.justrite.co.za/index.php/component/k2/itemlist/category/9-bnb?limitstart=0

by adding the table element to my category.php custom template
<?php if((isset($this->leading) || isset($this->primary) || isset($this->secondary) || isset($this->links)) && (count($this->leading) || count($this->primary) || count($this->secondary) || count($this->links))): ?> <!-- Item list --> <table align="center"> <tr> <td>Listing</td> <td>Contact Number</td> <td>Further Details</td> </tr> <tr> <td> <div class="itemList">

However i still have two extra fields that i want data to display in.. -> Contact Number & Further details.

i know you have to add this code:
<?php if($this->item->params->get('itemExtraFields') && count($this->item->extra_fields)): ?> <?php if(isset($this->item->extraFields->contactnumber->value)): ?> <?php echo $this->item->extraFields->furtherdetails->value; ?> <?php endif; ?> <?php endif; ?>

but im not sure where to add it.
  • Krikor Boghossian
26 Jun 2013 14:58
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic auto complete extra fields

auto complete extra fields

If you are accustomed to jQuery these two functions and tutorial will get you going.

api.jquery.com/change/
api.jquery.com/val/

Setup an extrafield as a select box and a text extra field (address).

Then in your scipt use the on change() function for the select box, check it's value ( val() ) and set the appropriate value to the text extrafield using JavaScript's if else or switch statements.

You can add this code to your K2.js (must backup in order to update but a lot easier) or develop a simple K2 Plugin to serve that .js file

More Links:
www.w3schools.com/js/js_if_else.asp
www.w3schools.com/js/js_switch.asp
  • arthur
14 Jun 2013 13:23

[SOLVED] drop down fields in K2 extra fields vanish

I am inputting all the cities for each state, so it's been going fine until I start putting in cities for California, in alphabetical order I get to about mid-way of "m" and when I save, all the fields I put in vanish. I don't think it's a php memory limit because mine is set to max. It's really frustrating because I'm copying and pasting each city and town and then after an hour only to have it all wiped out. I save after every 50 entries in case of the login booting me so it's not that.

Any idea what is causing this? Is there a limit on the amount of extra fields for drop downs that one can put in?

:S
  • arthur
14 Jun 2013 09:39
Replied by arthur on topic Extra Fields character limit

Extra Fields character limit

Hi folks

I have exactly the same problem. I'm trying to put all the cities in for each of the states in the USA, when trying to put the cities for California I get to around Montebello (in alphabetical order) then the extra fields vanish.

Is there a fix for this yet, I see Brians comment is from 11 months ago and there aren't any new replies. I am happy to pay for this to be fixed, or pay for a plugin that fixes this etc.

Thanks.
  • Justin Place
12 Jun 2013 14:14
Replied by Justin Place on topic Directory Listing K2 items in a table w/ columns

Directory Listing K2 items in a table w/ columns

Hi,

I have set the inherit value for Bed & breakfasts to "none"

Bed and breakfasts i have inputted 2 item (listings)

I have installed the K2 categories module from "Smartaddons"

and iv installed extra k2 fields, thats about it.

my site: www.borderlearning.justrite.co.za/

is it not because i have inserted the code wrong? :(
Displaying 241 - 260 out of 529 results.