Keyword

Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: extra field order)

• Mike Feaster
16 Feb 2010 20:49
Replied by Mike Feaster on topic Questions about Extra Fields.

Questions about Extra Fields.

Category: English K2 Community

Thanks for looking into this. If you go here www.theamericanbulldogclub.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=1&Itemid=18 and look at each of the listings there they are each missing different fields. It is very odd.

K2Joom said:Mike, I am in right now.
There are 36 extra fields, both #, order and ID are complete from 1 to 36, none missing in between.
I checked the both K2 items and counted 36 extra fields within the tab.

Can you tell me which is missing as all looks ok.

I can also confirm the Order sort will enable the column sort, I am looking into fixing this.

Juan said:you can modify the date of creation of the item when editing, it in the right panel with all its properties, or you can do that directly on the database...still don't know why it worked for some items and not for all Mike Feaster said:Well I did not see where you could modify the date so I went ahead and added a new Item and one of the fields now appears but the one is still now showing. I've provide K2Joom access to the site so hopefully he will be able to determine what the issue is. Juan said:About extra fields not showing, I think I have found the problem, and partially the solution I'm using K2 version 2.0 as I need front end editing with Joomfish enabled It seems that if you create an item and later create the extra field, it won't show up. If the creation of the field is before the item creation, it works. Changing the item creation date to a later one (after the extra field creation) did succed to some of my items, but not to all, that's why I'm stuck...if I make a copy of the item that is not showing the extra fields, it works, but I can't duplicate the entire site at this point!!
any ideas?
  • Simon Wells
16 Feb 2010 08:40
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Questions about Extra Fields.

Mike, I am in right now.

There are 36 extra fields, both #, order and ID are complete from 1 to 36, none missing in between.
I checked the both K2 items and counted 36 extra fields within the tab.

Can you tell me which is missing as all looks ok.

I can also confirm the Order sort will enable the column sort, I am looking into fixing this.

Juan said:you can modify the date of creation of the item when editing, it in the right panel with all its properties, or you can do that directly on the database...still don't know why it worked for some items and not for all Mike Feaster said:Well I did not see where you could modify the date so I went ahead and added a new Item and one of the fields now appears but the one is still now showing. I've provide K2Joom access to the site so hopefully he will be able to determine what the issue is. Juan said:About extra fields not showing, I think I have found the problem, and partially the solution I'm using K2 version 2.0 as I need front end editing with Joomfish enabled It seems that if you create an item and later create the extra field, it won't show up. If the creation of the field is before the item creation, it works. Changing the item creation date to a later one (after the extra field creation) did succed to some of my items, but not to all, that's why I'm stuck...if I make a copy of the item that is not showing the extra fields, it works, but I can't duplicate the entire site at this point!!

any ideas?
  • Fernando P
15 Feb 2010 19:40
Replied by Fernando P on topic Bug in the search plugin

Bug in the search plugin

I'm using:

Joomla 1.5.15
MySQL 5.1.30
PHP 5.2.9
Apache 2.2.11

Fernando P said:I'm having exactly the same problem. Any solutions yet?
No k2 results on normal mode, and this errorwith debug ON

JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1210 - Incorrect arguments to MATCH SQL=SELECT i.title AS title, i.metadesc, i.metakey, c.name as section, i.image_caption, i.image_credits, i.video_caption, i.video_credits, i.extra_fields_search, tags.name as tag, i.created, CONCAT(i.introtext, i.fulltext) AS text, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(i.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(':', i.id, i.alias) ELSE i.id END as slug, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(c.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(':', c.id, c.alias) ELSE c.id END as catslug FROM jos_k2_items AS i INNER JOIN jos_k2_categories AS c ON c.id=i.catid AND c.access <= 18 LEFT JOIN jos_k2_tags_xref tags_xref ON tags_xref.itemID = i.id LEFT JOIN jos_k2_tags tags ON tags.id = tags_xref.tagID WHERE MATCH(i.title, i.introtext, i.`fulltext`,tags.name,i.extra_fields_search,i.image_caption,i.image_credits,i.video_caption,i.video_credits,i.metadesc,i.metakey) AGAINST ('clara') AND i.trash = 0 AND i.published = 1 AND i.access <= 1 AND c.published = 1 AND c.access <= 1 AND c.trash = 0 GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY i.created DESC LIMIT 0, 50
  • Fernando P
15 Feb 2010 09:42
Replied by Fernando P on topic Bug in the search plugin

Bug in the search plugin

I'm having exactly the same problem. Any solutions yet?

No k2 results on normal mode, and this errorwith debug ON

JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1210 - Incorrect arguments to MATCH SQL=SELECT i.title AS title, i.metadesc, i.metakey, c.name as section, i.image_caption, i.image_credits, i.video_caption, i.video_credits, i.extra_fields_search, tags.name as tag, i.created, CONCAT(i.introtext, i.fulltext) AS text, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(i.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(':', i.id, i.alias) ELSE i.id END as slug, CASE WHEN CHAR_LENGTH(c.alias) THEN CONCAT_WS(':', c.id, c.alias) ELSE c.id END as catslug FROM jos_k2_items AS i INNER JOIN jos_k2_categories AS c ON c.id=i.catid AND c.access <= 18 LEFT JOIN jos_k2_tags_xref tags_xref ON tags_xref.itemID = i.id LEFT JOIN jos_k2_tags tags ON tags.id = tags_xref.tagID WHERE MATCH(i.title, i.introtext, i.`fulltext`,tags.name,i.extra_fields_search,i.image_caption,i.image_credits,i.video_caption,i.video_credits,i.metadesc,i.metakey) AGAINST ('clara') AND i.trash = 0 AND i.published = 1 AND i.access <= 1 AND c.published = 1 AND c.access <= 1 AND c.trash = 0 GROUP BY i.id ORDER BY i.created DESC LIMIT 0, 50
  • Buddy Q
15 Feb 2010 01:04
Replied by Buddy Q on topic Questions about Extra Fields.

AHHHHHH!!!!!!! Yes, now I see. I think this is a minor bug but you're right. Once you hit to the table header "Sort" it will activate the greyed out sorting buttons!! Fantastic! Thank you!

BUddy

Rastislav Klc said:Your question 2: I do not know if you resolved this, but I can order K2 extra fields from backend just fine (using K2 2.2).
However I have to sort extra field list by "Order" column first, otherwise the whole column is grayed out and order cannot be changed (in backend). I do not know if you referring to that or something else. Even order on website is correct, exactly as I set it in backend.

About your question 1:
I would try to recreate those 2 extra fields and delete old ones... my 17 fields work fine.
  • Rastislav Klc
14 Feb 2010 23:58
Replied by Rastislav Klc on topic Questions about Extra Fields.

Your question 2:
I do not know if you resolved this, but I can order K2 extra fields from backend just fine (using K2 2.2).
However I have to sort extra field list by "Order" column first, otherwise the whole column is grayed out and order cannot be changed (in backend). I do not know if you referring to that or something else. Even order on website is correct, exactly as I set it in backend.

About your question 1:
I would try to recreate those 2 extra fields and delete old ones... my 17 fields work fine.
  • Simon Wells
13 Feb 2010 02:35

Hi Buddy,

Just a comment on the items you listed as not working.

Image Gallery can work, there are various threads about this and some working examples. To be honest, I am still trying to get it to work, however, as K2Joom is running a heavily modified version of K2, it is likely that some changes may be the root cause of out trouble.

The Right to Left issue, there is a fix, see here.

Extra Fields ordering. This has been reported as a bug and as a feature request and should be added for fix in next release.

Hope that helps.

k2joom.com

Buddy Q said:Why doesn't ordering work? Seriously, this should not be a special feature and it looks built. Is there a trick to get extra field ordering to work? It's pretty important that this work.
Finding quite a few bugs: image gallery plugin does not work, front-end editing is messed up reversed right to left, and can't order important fields. Please tell me these things are fixable. Otherwise, I might have to go to those "other" guys jseblod.

Buddy
  • piperchick
12 Feb 2010 15:45
Replied by piperchick on topic Notification of new comments by email

Notification of new comments by email

Hi Omar,

Thanks for this. I can see the bio and avatar but I can't actually save any changes to them. Can you?

Thanks.

Omar Ramos said:I noticed after applying this that the My Account page was no longer showing the Bio and Avatar upload fields. It took me a while to figure it out but I realized that the config.xml in K2Joom's ZIP file is missing some new parameters available in 2.2 so I've updated the config.xml file in the attached zip file and things should work properly now (you may have to go into K2's backend area and check to see that the "Item Extra Fields" parameter is set to show and resave your K2 config in order for the Bio/Avatar fields to begin showing up again on the My Account Page.
  • Buddy Q
07 Feb 2010 05:58
Replied by Buddy Q on topic Questions about Extra Fields.

Why doesn't ordering work? Seriously, this should not be a special feature and it looks built. Is there a trick to get extra field ordering to work? It's pretty important that this work.

Finding quite a few bugs: image gallery plugin does not work, front-end editing is messed up reversed right to left, and can't order important fields. Please tell me these things are fixable. Otherwise, I might have to go to those "other" guys jseblod.

Buddy
  • piperchick
06 Feb 2010 19:21
Replied by piperchick on topic Notification of new comments by email

Thanks for this Omar. I was struggling with the same issue.

The front-end form appears ok, but I can't actually get it to save any changes, but I can save from the back-end. Any ideas?

Thanks for sharing.

Omar Ramos said:I noticed after applying this that the My Account page was no longer showing the Bio and Avatar upload fields. It took me a while to figure it out but I realized that the config.xml in K2Joom's ZIP file is missing some new parameters available in 2.2 so I've updated the config.xml file in the attached zip file and things should work properly now (you may have to go into K2's backend area and check to see that the "Item Extra Fields" parameter is set to show and resave your K2 config in order for the Bio/Avatar fields to begin showing up again on the My Account Page.
  • Simon Wells
05 Feb 2010 22:38
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Notification of new comments by email

Hi Omar,

Sounds great, well done.

I am actually taking the weekend off, the first since before Christmas, so will take a look at this next week.
If OK with you, I will also update the write up on K2Joom and also make available the same file.
Also, I will provide another help file and a changelog in it too.

Speak soon.

Omar Ramos said:Hey guys, Yesterday afternoon I was rereading this thread and noticed that nobody had really answered the question about author notifications or notifications for reply to a post so I added in that functionality (I took K2Joom's latest 1.1 file and added the additional methods required).

In trying to test this I also across another issue where a user that is assigned to a few specific categories is then unable to comment in other categories (for permissions it's more likely that you want them to only create/edit items in those categories but you don't necessarily want to limit users to only adding comments in those few categories) so I also added the option in backend user group creation for a "Post to All Categories" permission and have included it in the zip file attached.

More on that particular issue can be found here:

The notifications for authors and commenters (and the admin notification) all seem to be working well on my end.

K2Joom said:Hi Mike, The changes to the xml is just to setup what is displayed in the k2 parameters. For item.php, there are many changes but for test purposes, we did a straight like for like swap of these two files, exactly as previously mentioned. I just checked the files on the server and we are running to V2.1 version then posted a commented and it was mailed.
I then exchanged it for the v2.2, posted a comment and no notification.

I have updated the V2.2 file with the auto notification and have tested it this morning.
Attached is the zip with the 2 new files and a help file.

Let me know how you get on.

Mike C said:Hi Simon, how did you test it? You can't just overwrite item.php and config.xml because there's a lot of stuff that changed between versions 2.1 and 2.2. In other words, how did you move the notification code fragments from the old to the new without messing up the versions of those files?
  • Omar Ramos
05 Feb 2010 21:47
Replied by Omar Ramos on topic Notification of new comments by email

I noticed after applying this that the My Account page was no longer showing the Bio and Avatar upload fields. It took me a while to figure it out but I realized that the config.xml in K2Joom's ZIP file is missing some new parameters available in 2.2 so I've updated the config.xml file in the attached zip file and things should work properly now (you may have to go into K2's backend area and check to see that the "Item Extra Fields" parameter is set to show and resave your K2 config in order for the Bio/Avatar fields to begin showing up again on the My Account Page.

Omar Ramos said:Hey guys,
Yesterday afternoon I was rereading this thread and noticed that nobody had really answered the question about author notifications or notifications for reply to a post so I added in that functionality (I took K2Joom's latest 1.1 file and added the additional methods required).

In trying to test this I also across another issue where a user that is assigned to a few specific categories is then unable to comment in other categories (for permissions it's more likely that you want them to only create/edit items in those categories but you don't necessarily want to limit users to only adding comments in those few categories) so I also added the option in backend user group creation for a "Post to All Categories" permission and have included it in the zip file attached.

More on that particular issue can be found here:

The notifications for authors and commenters (and the admin notification) all seem to be working well on my end.

K2Joom said:Hi Mike, The changes to the xml is just to setup what is displayed in the k2 parameters. For item.php, there are many changes but for test purposes, we did a straight like for like swap of these two files, exactly as previously mentioned.
I just checked the files on the server and we are running to V2.1 version then posted a commented and it was mailed.
I then exchanged it for the v2.2, posted a comment and no notification.

I have updated the V2.2 file with the auto notification and have tested it this morning.
Attached is the zip with the 2 new files and a help file.

Let me know how you get on.

Mike C said:Hi Simon, how did you test it? You can't just overwrite item.php and config.xml because there's a lot of stuff that changed between versions 2.1 and 2.2. In other words, how did you move the notification code fragments from the old to the new without messing up the versions of those files?
  • Mike Feaster
04 Feb 2010 21:33

Ok, I've added a total of 38 fields but only 34 are displaying in the front end.

K2Joom said:Hi Mike,
I think this is a "special feature" as I am using V2.2 on K2joom.com but I can not change the order of the list, either manually entering a new value or using the up/down buttons. Besides, there is no save either.

I have 21 extra fields and all 21 show up, fyi in your example it shows 16 but you say only 15 appear ;)

You would need to change some core files to allow exta columns to be displayed too.
  • Mike Feaster
04 Feb 2010 21:28

Ok, just upgraded but no go. There are Extra Fields still not displaying and the ordering option is still grayed out.

Followeyes said:Hello "Mike".. If not yet, just upgrade (install overrides) to the latest stable K2 v. 2.2.
Or, Back up and make a fresh install again.
I have no problems with what you asking above.

Thanks
  • Simon Wells
01 Feb 2010 11:26

Hi Mike,

I think this is a "special feature" as I am using V2.2 on K2joom.com but I can not change the order of the list, either manually entering a new value or using the up/down buttons. Besides, there is no save either.

I have 21 extra fields and all 21 show up, fyi in your example it shows 16 but you say only 15 appear ;)

You would need to change some core files to allow exta columns to be displayed too.
  • Mike Feaster
31 Jan 2010 19:46
Questions about Extra Fields. was created by Mike Feaster

Ok, I first used K2 a few months back on a website that I was creating and I really liked the functionality and ease of use.  I am now using it on another site but tapping into more of the functionality of it now.  I've ran into two things that I do not if they are Bugs or Limitations.Question 1:  I have created an Extra Fields group and started creating my Extra Fields.  I have a total of 17 fields but only 15 are showing up.  The odd thing is it's not displaying two fields nested in the list so I'm not sure why they are not being displayed.  I could understand if there was a limitation and it just stopped display fields after it hit the limit so I'm not sure what is going on here.Question 2:  There is the appearance that you can change the order of fields but the option is grayed out.  Is this by design?  Am I missing something?Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Mike
  • Giuseppe Modarelli
29 Jan 2010 19:31
canecane.com was created by Giuseppe Modarelli

canecane.com

Canecane.com powered by K2Info:Joomla v 1.5.15K2 v
2.0Features:BackendACLDifferent
level access for the two user groupsAdministratorevery user of
this group has access to all K2 categories and items.Artistsevery
user of this group can access to Artists category and can create just one item and then edit it every time he/she needs to.ItemsIn
order to create a new item the user have to choose a category first, otherwise he/she will get an error message. We had to implement this control because the client needs to show different tabs in the item form based on the category.If the user is an Artist he/she will be able
to see the Artists category only.In addition to the classic K2
item tabs (content, image, video, gallery, attachments and extrafields) we added:1) Video gallery
the user can add one or more videos
for each item and assign to each video a title and a description. The
videos can be uploaded or embedded via provider (just like the one
provided by K2)

2) Audio gallerythe user can add one or more audio files for each
item and assign to each audio file a title and a description.
3)
Picture gallerythe user can add one or more pictures for each item
and assign to each picture a title and a description.
4) Artists
gallerythe user can add one or more artist mini profile (a picture
of the artists, his/her name and role and a brief description).
5)
Awards gallerythe user can add one or more awards (a picture of the
award, the venue and a brief description).
6) Thumbnails
for
each of the 5 additional tabs and for the item itself we added a
thumbnail tab which shows the user all the elements added to that item
and let the user upload a thumb image for each of them. if the user
doesn't upload a thumb for an element a "no-thumb pic" will be shown.

Based on the choosen
category for a new (or an existing) item some of the tabs will be shown.Categories:Reels   
Content, Video (the K2 one), ThumbnailsServices    Content,
Image, ThumbnailsWorks    Content, Image, Video gallery, Picture
gallery, Artists gallery, Awards gallery, ThumbnailsArtists  
 Content, Image, Video gallery, Picture gallery, ThumbnailsResearch
& Development    Content, Image, Video gallery, Picture gallery,
Artists gallery, Awards
gallery, ThumbnailsDownloads    Content, Attachments, ThumbnailsKeypeople   
Content, Image, Extrafields, ThumbnailsNews    Content,
ThumbnailsCustomer    Content, Image, Video gallery, Picture
gallery, Artists gallery, Awards
gallery, Thumbnails, Customer
The Customer category is the same
as Works but it let the user associate an item with a particular
customer who can see the item (in the frontend) after he/she signed-in
the website.

Some screenshots:
WorksReelsCustomersFrontend
We
provided a different template for each category in order to show just
the informations related to that particular category in the way the
informations need to be displayed. Some of the categories have just the
category view (Reels, Services and Download), others have both the
category and item views. For those categories which have just the
category view the content of the item will be shown in a lightbox pane
(video, video gallery, picture gallery.).

Category view

The item view has been completely redesigned to fullfill the client
needs. Every type of element of the item belongs to a tab, and the
end-user can navigate through the tabs with a fancy mootools fade effect
(a screenshot here would help me a lot cause I'm not so good trying to
explain you what I mean XD)

Item viewVideo in lightbox
Item internal pagination
Actually the template mods are difficult for me to explain in plain and
correct english (i'm italian), so if you are interested in my work check
it out here www.canecane.com. It worths a thousand and sometimes
non-sense words :D

Future features:

Migrate to K2 v 2.2
Ajax upload
A more flexible and modular design (since we had client needs (and
deadlines) in mind we often created "ad hoc modules")

Conclusions:
I simply love K2! Joomlaworks... thank you so much!

I have one question for K2 staff and community. I tried to implement the different additional content tabs with the plugin extension but I
wasn't able to do so. Indeed I had to hack the core of K2 in order to
realize these mods. I'd rather like to write additional modules and
leave the core untouched . For this reason I cannot upgrade to the last
stable version of K2. So here it comes my question: do you think K2 will
provide this feature? (or it actually already does and I cannot see it?
XD)

Can't wait to know your opinions and criticisms about this K2 powered website!

Bye bye
  • Gary A Mort
24 Jan 2010 17:30
*sigh* hacking the core was created by Gary A Mort

*sigh* hacking the core

Well...  I'm working on a situation where I have 2 subcategories that both come from a master category and multi-level inheritance was really neccessary[ie define fields on the master category and the children, and the children would inherit the master].For the most part, this isn't a problem because K2 doesn't care what data you put in the field, it stores it no matter what.However, loading the select boxes it does care about... so I ended up with the following core hack:Replace the extrafields function in both controller\item.php files [one on the frontend, one on the back]
That's it...it handles circular logic[3 categories , ABC where A is the parent to B, B is the parent to C, and C is the parent to A] - so once it goes around the cycle it gives up.It handles duplicate logic[3 Categories where you have Cart --> Order --> Saved Cart and 2 extra group fields,  one called ShoppingCart and one called Orders... Cart and saved Cart are both of Extra group Shopping cart.....   The code tracks which group sets it has loaded and won't load Cart ShoppingCart a second time]Enjoy.....
  • Mats Arvendal
21 Jan 2010 17:33
Sort articles and view by tags or extra fields was created by Mats Arvendal

Sort articles and view by tags or extra fields

I need to generate article lists like this:

The articles in a category deals with international questions, I would like  to list them in two ways:

1. A plain list ordered via publishing date, for example

USA_article_1 27-8-2009
Chile_article_1 24-8-2009
China_article_1 21-8-2009
USA_article_2 20-8-2009

etc...

2. An aggregated list with info on number of articles:

Chile (1 article)
China (1 article)
USA (2 articles)

etc...

Is it possible to do this with the help of K2:s tags or extra fields?

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Andreas Renberg
08 Jan 2010 19:00
Using an item's "extra fields" in SQL queries was created by Andreas Renberg

Using an item's "extra fields" in SQL queries

Right now what I am mostly doing is just modifying the bits and pieces of K2 code as they are needed, but I have run into an area where I need to be able to access 'extra fields' of items, and parsing the really long string containing the fields could get messy... :(

I might be able to get really complex, and do something along these lines:
SELECT * FROM "#__k2_items"
LIKE '%{"id":"8","value":"' .$ category_id . '"}%'

But I would rather not. I would have an EVEN WORSE time trying to retreive the category ID from a specific item in the table. I would need PHP to parse each record to extract the data, right?

Is there any efficient way to get the fields without using 3 different SQL queries and lots of parsing in PHP?

I could easily add a new column in the database, however, the people working on the site (the designers) would have a very difficult time because they constantly need to go to the database in order to change the extra field value. I would rather keep all database modifications up to me (the developer) and not need them to call me every time they add an item.

Any one have any ideas?
Displaying 481 - 500 out of 529 results.