Keyword
Please note that official support for commercial extensions & templates is provided in the Subscriber Help Desk.
Support requests should ONLY be directed there and require an active subscription plan.
This forum board is to be used for archive purposes and knowledge exchange ONLY.

SIG PRO for Joomla 4

• Peter Swemmelaar
More
8 months 3 weeks ago #181109 by Peter Swemmelaar
Replied by Peter Swemmelaar on topic SIG PRO for Joomla 4
I got the following answer from the support team. Fingers crossed that SigPRO for J4 will arive this year.

Hi there Peter, I'm currently working on K2 for J4 (which is a huge task). Once that is done (hopefully around September), SIGPro is next in line for an upgrade. You can always use the free version which is J4 compatible and once SIGPro is also available for J4, you can seamlessly upgrade. Regards, JoomlaWorks Support Team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Peter Swemmelaar
More
6 months 6 days ago #181254 by Peter Swemmelaar
Joomla 5 is already out there and still no Joomla 4 version of SigPRO ???

More
5 months 5 days ago #181324 by krmr
Replied by krmr on topic SIG PRO for Joomla 4
I believe it is high time to finally get a clear answer - will there ever be K2 and SigPRO for J4

More
5 months 5 days ago #181325 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic SIG PRO for Joomla 4
Of course, because it's progress. But for J5, not J4.

If you're wondering why they are not yet available:

a) because the Joomla community has shrunk too much (and it's shrunk too much because each major Joomla release breaks backwards compatibility in many levels), the time and effort required pales in comparison to projected income.

b) other ongoing work related to custom projects, which actually support the lights on joomlaworks.net, take precedence. When these are completed and IF there is time to work on updates, then we work on updates.

If you don't like my response, you can direct it to the Joomla team who has worked really hard to extinguish the 3rd party extension ecosystem. Consider whose loss this is...

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
5 months 4 days ago #181326 by krmr
Replied by krmr on topic SIG PRO for Joomla 4
Thank you Fotis!!!
I appreciate your positive answer that relieves the pressure from the dead-end situation.
Learning the geological changes in J4 with no b/c I fully understand why all this mess is happening and 100% agree with you.

Yet the burden to maintain projects alive remains and migrating from K2/SigPRO is an overkill.

And I worry keeping J3 sites after EOL is a risky operation, or it is not that urget? Your opinion?

• Peter Swemmelaar
More
5 months 2 days ago #181327 by Peter Swemmelaar
Thanks Fotis, 

The answer is pretty clear. What you actually say is that Joomlaworks is not guarantee any support to customers who bought the extensions. They only get support when there is time left.

Kind regards, 
Peter

More
5 months 20 hours ago #181328 by JoomlaWorks
@krmr There is elts.joomla.org for Joomla 3 if you're worried or whatever. Noone guarantees you that a J5 site will be safer to use compared to J3. The answer always is: "it depends". What matters in the end is features. If you feel J5 has more to offer than J3 (I don't), then by all means go with J5.

@Peter Swemmelaar Peter, what's the fuzz here? You're not even an active subscriber... If you MUST use SIG Pro galleries for some reason, use the free plugin which is J4 (and I assume J5) compatible to display your old galleries and find another solution for all new galleries. What's the big deal exactly?

---

• Peter Swemmelaar
More
5 months 20 hours ago #181329 by Peter Swemmelaar
Hi Fotis,
I have been a long time subscriber of sig pro, from the first version. I even was testing your extensions before if you remember.
I moved my websites to J4, so it was no use to renew my subscription, because JW dit not had a J4 version of sigpro yet.
I always loved the JW extensions and as soon as there is a J4 version I will renew. I am only afraid that, because it take a long time before you moved your extensions to J4 that it will cost you customers/subscribers and because of that the urge to keep developing the extensions will disappear. And this is a shame for the loyal subscribers and the great extensions.

Just my thoughts.

Kind regards,
Peter

More
5 months 18 hours ago #181330 by JoomlaWorks
As I mentioned before, you can always direct your frustration to the Joomla team who has worked really hard to extinguish the 3rd party extension ecosystem.

---

• Peter Swemmelaar
More
4 months 4 weeks ago #181331 by Peter Swemmelaar
Fotis, I am not frustrated. I think you are the one who is frustrated and in some way I can understand it. Nevertheless I hope you will not abandon Joomla and keep developing the current set of extensions Joomlaworks have for Joomla. 
Take a deep breath, drink some ouzo and enjoy life, it is too short anyway. ;)

Wish you a great day. Kind regards,
Peter