Here's what's been added or changed in Simple Image Gallery (free) with the release of v4.0.0:
- Fully compatible with the upcoming Joomla version 4 (currently in "beta"). As with every beta software, Joomla 4 should not be used on production websites, but rather for preparing your skills for when it's officially released as the next "stable" Joomla version. You can download the nightly build of Joomla 4.0.0 "Beta 1" here: https://developer.joomla.org/nightly-builds.html
- Fancybox has been updated to its latest release (v3.5.7) and it's now loaded off the jsDelivr CDN (which is also "GFW" friendly).
- Localization has been extended to support all language strings used by the plugin as well as Fancybox. So it's now possible to fully translate Simple Image Gallery (free) to your language of choice.
- Updated the plugin's default parameter values to use larger thumbnails by default and longer caching.
- Still rocking Joomla 1.5, 2.5, 3.x and now 4.x compatiblity, for PHP 5 and 7 (tested up to PHP 7.4 to be exact).
In the coming weeks we wil gradually roll out updates for our smaller extensions (e.g. AllVideos, Simple RSS Feed Reader etc.) to also support Joomla 4.
The JoomlaWorks demo site has been updated to use the latest Simple Image Gallery (free) release. See here: https://demo.joomlaworks.net/simple-image-gallery
You can download this version by visiting the extension's page at: https://www.joomlaworks.net/extensions/free/simple-image-gallery
If you use Joomla 2.5 and 3.x releases, this new update will appear in the Joomla extension updater. If you're using Joomla 1.5 or have started to test out the beta releases of Joomla 4, you can simply upload the new version and it will overwrite the old one. After that step, visit the plugin's parameters page, check if everything is OK or adjust as needed and save the parameters.