Keyword

SWF works (sort of) but not flv

• nisbus
  • nisbus's Avatar Topic Author
More
16 years 9 months ago #5602 by nisbus
SWF works (sort of) but not flv was created by nisbus
Hi,

I have a joomla page (www.eleanetwork.com) and I'm trying to put up a presentation of our software (presentations link on page).

I've installed AllVideos and I've managed to get an SWF to work but when I use that one it always autostarts and no player controls appear.

On the other hand when I try and play an flv file I get nice controls and a paused player but when I press play it just shows me a loading sign forever.

help please!
  nisbus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 8 months ago #5603 by rexx
Replied by rexx on topic Re: SWF works (sort of) but not flv
i have exactly the same problem. swf is working, mov is working youtube und google video are working - but no flv files.

so the player shows, and you can see also the "start" button, but after cklicking on them, nothing happens. it only shows the loading symbol and nothing happens...

if anyone knows a solution, please help! thank you in advance.

• Panos Kosmidis
  • Always SEARCH before asking!
More
16 years 8 months ago #5604 by Panos Kosmidis
Replied by Panos Kosmidis on topic Re: SWF works (sort of) but not flv
Please check it from other pc's also because the url you gave me worked just fine...

INTERACTIVE WEB SOLUTIONS | Zend PHP 5 Certified Engineer

More
16 years 7 months ago #5605 by futuretech
Replied by futuretech on topic Re: SWF works (sort of) but not flv
I'm having the same problem.

with FLV files it shows the player but never starts the video

with swf files it shows a blank screen

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the dynamic libraries error that someone said was somehow connected to php.ini file or something?

I'll ask my admin when I can contact him.

Joshua

More
16 years 5 months ago #5606 by Brett Butcher
Replied by Brett Butcher on topic Re: SWF works (sort of) but not flv
I figuered out how to get the .flvs working.  When you actually create the flv file, you must included some metadata about the file.  For some reason, the metadata often doesn't get included and the files won't play, but will do what you're describing.  However, if you recreate the file with a program like Super www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html , it will ask for some metadata.  Once you reupload the recreated file, it should work.  At least, it does for me. 

I'm still curious about the player controls for the swf files.  Is there a way to get them to show?