Keyword

Help with embedding swf files into Joomla

More
16 years 7 months ago #5709 by emily
Hi there,
I am trying to embed flash content into a Joomla CMS. I just want to have the ability to embed a swf file into my pages. Simple?

Well - not quite as easy as I would like it to be. I am using the default TinyMice editor that comes with Joomla. I have made a couple of Joomla sites before - and I am perfectly happy with the editor. More importantly - so are a number of my Clients. HOWEVER - as many of you are probably aware - TinyMice strips content when you try and use the Flash button to embed your SWF file.

So my problem is this - I want to the ability to embed content easily and have the EOLAS patch incorporated. The All Videos Plugin offers this. BUT - I have hit a wall. I want to be able to specify the size of each individual SWF file.
Can I do this? I know I can with 'moseasyeditor' - but that has no EOLAS patch.

I know that I could simply turn off the WYSIWIG in Joomla and insert the swf file that way - but that is a very unrealistic and clunky solution. Especially when you then turn back on the editor for the Client - and they then edit the page at some time in the future and save it - thereby stripping the code out once more.

SECONDLY - I notice I can use the All Videos Plugin to insert a swf file in a Content page. BUT if I use the same code and insert the swf file in a Category Edit Page - the plugin fails. Is there a solution for this?

So many questions - so little time!

Thanks for any help/solutions/advice in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.